South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Prosecutor is really taking his time easing into this ...

hopefully they can catch him in another lie and watch him squirm until his attorneys can try to fix it on rebuttal. I hope the state squeezes him. But I admit this was a very strange investigation and it was not until fake roadside shooting the Alex engineered that SLED appeared to be 100% investigating Alex for other things. They let him know on August 11th he was in the circle and a suspect but I think the roadside stuff pushed their hand. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

People also forget that Alex was allowed to keep his volunteer solicitor’s badge right up until the day he was charged with murdering Paul and Maggie.

Why'd he have a badge at all?

Are the solicitors there law enforcement officers, as well?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Why'd he have a badge at all?

Are the solicitors there law enforcement officers, as well?

He once used his badge to get a table at IHOP and he also had it in his car at his fake roadside shooting in the seat and flashed it. He was allowed to continue to volunteer while being investigated for murder. Crazy shit. His boss recused himself on 8/11/21 which was Alex’s third interview with SLED on the murders. Then he’s forced to resign from his own law firm and a day later fakes his roadside shooting. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Holy fuck what's the relevance of all this shit?

We spent 10 minutes discussing whether his family was "prominent" in the area.

Mainly to establish the defense can both assert SLED was sloppy and also out to get Alex at the same time. Alex has always received privilege from SLED and they asserted that SLED immediately and wrongly investigated him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The guy has maintained throughout that he was never at the dog kennels with his wife and son until he drove up and found their bodies.

Yet his dead son captured his dad's voice along with his dead mother's voice on cellphone video from the dog kennel just minutes before being gunned down. I think 3 different people have already testified it was his voice. 

Case fucking closed FFS.

• Hook 'Em 1

Jim Griffin (the lawyer that questioned Alex on direct) very much wanted to create reasonable doubt by blaming the murders on Alex’s drug habit. Specifically a group of drug dealers known as the “Cowboy Gang” for the killings of Paul and Maggie. Alex imo didn’t want this strategy. From the night of the killings as soon as police arrived he sought to blame the boat crash and the Beach family. Those people were all tested and swabbed and alibied out. But that is what Alex continues to maintain. Threats against the family about the crash. None of their witnesses could disput the phone evidence from Paul that Alex was at the kennels so that’s why he wanted to testify. He had to say he lied I guess (we know he did.) but now he’s about to be shown as having elite privilege beyond a normal person and yet still claims SLED was out to get him at the same time. 

Edited by Nicole44
Griffin wanted to go to “Cowboy Town” for reasonable doubt even though imbedded DEA agents and the like have never heard of this gang of people.

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

He's not doing poorly on cross at all ------- so far.

Nope. But we are just establishing he was a privileged dude who wasn’t targeted. I wouldn’t hit him with cross on the night of the murders today. But they have about an hour or less until court ends for the day.

Edited by Nicole44

Just now, Augustus said:

The more Murdaugh repeats his confession that he stole from these people, the worse Waters look for pressing on all the details.  It starts to look like he's badgering the witness.  Smart move by Murdaugh.

He's definitely a charmer. I can see why he was able to swindle all those people and attain untouchable status in that town. Maybe he'll charm this jury too

I think the prosecution is also trying to appeal to Alex’s ego as well here. Establishing he wasn’t a typical suspect. He isn’t a typical defendant. He wasn’t targeted by SLED. It sucks that the hood stuff probably won’t happen until tomorrow. Been waiting for this cross for a while since most trial observers thought he’d take the stand. 

A lot of this is to set up the murdaugh behavior at the boat crash scene. This lawsuit on the boat crash/homicide is the state’s motive in a way (a big part of it) so his badge is relevant. Alex and his father and brother were allowed on the scene of the crash while Mallory Beach’s family was not allowed on the scene. Alex has repeatedly sought to blame the Beach family or Anthony Cook (her boyfriend) for killing Maggie and Paul and claiming Paul had numerous threats from this family. He said to Le the moment they arrived to investigate that his son was involved in a boat crash and this was why. So it’s important to establish this. It’s part of their motive. 

I haven't been following this too closely, but this is the same guy that paid some dude to shoot him on the side of the road, right? 

Yep

I think the prosecutor has a plan to tie it all together tmr. They were slow with the cell and car data timeline. But I thought they tied it together great at the end
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Yep

I think the prosecutor has a plan to tie it all together tmr. They were slow with the cell and car data timeline. But I thought they tied it together great at the end

He wants to tell this how he wants to tell it and he won’t be rushed on it. But their expert from SLED whose sole job it was to combine the OnStar and cell phone data of Alex’s car and phone (he had three cell phones btw) and Maggie and Paul’s phones and Maggie’s car was fabulous. It tied together two plus weeks of testimony and consolidated it into a very easy to follow timeline and in my opinion why Alex felt it so necessary to testify. The defense attorneys intended for him not to testify at all and to wanted to rest  as early as tomorrow afternoon. They are now going to have to hold their final witnesses and likely call Alex on rebuttal as well. This will all become clear even if people aren’t super knowledgeable about all the facts in the case. He refuses to move on because Alex wants him to. And he doesn’t want to start cross about June 7th until tomorrow. His close to the jury should be damning. It’s the alibi stuff that Alex had to fix because none of their witnesses could prove Alex was not at the kennels. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I’m behind because I’m watching court tv

But interesting he said he was sad because “ I did them this way”. When talking about clients he stole from.

Very similar to that disputed testimony of Paul being shot.

“I did him so bad…” I almost hate that aspect of the case bc it’s kinda subjective but it did bother the defense somewhat. Up until Alex decided to take the stand I thought the defense might have a juror or two possibly. Now all bets are off because their entire defense will now just be Alex testifying. Tomorrow is a huge day. Psychologically Alex is a narcissist and there is a way to rattle him. But I think the questions about the minutes of that night and afternoon have to be more rapid fire. Don’t give him time to think and keep hammering him on his alibi lie. 

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

I don’t think so.

But some assets were in her name

He tried to get himself killed so buster could get $10 million from his policy

Negative. This narcissist was never going to die. He tried to kill the drug dealer in a staged attack to pin the murder of his son and wife on him. The drug dealer didn’t fall for it, got the upper hand, and got away. 

Negative. This narcissist was never going to die. He tried to kill the drug dealer in a staged attack to pin the murder of his son and wife on him. The drug dealer didn’t fall for it, got the upper hand, and got away. 

I don’t know. The shooter was his dumbass cousin eddy so who knows how it really went down.

Luckily for cousin eddy he is such a fuckup neither side will call on him to testify

Either way that whole plan was fucked up as well. He had run flat tires and all kinds of other stories that make it crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 1