South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

So his dad is on his death bed in a hospital and his mom is at Almeda (where he drove that night and stayed for 21 mins) and his dad died a few days after Maggie and Paul. He doesn’t go see his dad that night though. Even though he was dying. Just to his mom’s where most believe he dumped the physical evidence. 

The guns Maggie and Paul were shot with were family guns and were always kept in the house (property where the kennels are). So a killer comes into the property at night and stops by the house and shoots Maggie and Paul and somehow takes guns from there and sneaks up on them at the kennels and they were totally unaware. 

Alex can’t imagine why a witness would say he was trying to get her to say he stayed longer at his moms than he actually did or what he told the maid to say about the clothes he was wearing? 

Mr Murdaugh, you loved your wife and children more than anything else in the world, correct?  And you would do anything necessary to protect them from harm, correct?  And, if they were harmed, you would do anything in your power to find out who harmed them and bring them to justice, correct?  In this case, your son's brains were blown out and your wife was shot and killed correct?  And in talking to the police, your primary goal was or should have been to help them solve this crime, correct?  And that would entail giving them complete and accurate information, including the most important information as to when you last saw them alive, correct?  And when it came down to doing that, you decided you needed to lie, correct?  And you decided you needed to lie because you killed your wife and son and you did not want to get caught, correct?  And you only admitted to this lie later because, unbeknownst to you at the time, your son had taken a video about 5 minutes before his and your wife's phone went dead forever which had your voice on it, correct.  In fact, the only time you ever admit to lying is when you get caught, isn't that correct you fucking redhead piece of shit? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Parts of South Carolina, particularly along the coast, are fucking spectacular. But, yes, like in most Southern states there are some really, really fucking shitty, backwards people.

He and the wife were separated at the time of her death and she's apparently hired a forensic accountant to pore through their family finances.

yeah, but this guy is the elite. 

i guess we have mattress mack. 

i stand down.

11 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Mr Murdaugh, you loved your wife and children more than anything else in the world, correct?  And you would do anything necessary to protect them from harm, correct?  And, if they were harmed, you would do anything in your power to find out who harmed them and bring them to justice, correct?  In this case, your son's brains were blown out and your wife was shot and killed correct?  And in talking to the police, your primary goal was or should have been to help them solve this crime, correct?  And that would entail giving them complete and accurate information, including the most important information as to when you last saw them alive, correct?  And when it came down to doing that, you decided you needed to lie, correct?  And you decided you needed to lie because you killed your wife and son and you did not want to get caught, correct?  And you only admitted to this lie later because, unbeknownst to you at the time, your son had taken a video about 5 minutes before his and your wife's phone went dead forever which had your voice on it, correct.  In fact, the only time you ever admit to lying is when you get caught, isn't that correct you fucking redhead piece of shit? 

You win the internet for the day with this one! Wish it would happen live in trial today. He’s such a POS! 

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Parts of South Carolina, particularly along the coast, are fucking spectacular. But, yes, like in most Southern states there are some really, really fucking shitty, backwards people.

He and the wife were separated at the time of her death and she's apparently hired a forensic accountant to pore through their family finances.

Yeah, it’s straight up Deliverance if you get 15 minutes outside of the major urban areas.  And it’s a special kind of Deliverance because they tend to take more pride in all things Southern than your typical backwoods redneck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So his dad is on his death bed in a hospital and his mom is at Almeda (where he drove that night and stayed for 21 mins) and his dad died a few days after Maggie and Paul. He doesn’t go see his dad that night though. Even though he was dying. Just to his mom’s where most believe he dumped the physical evidence. 

The guns Maggie and Paul were shot with were family guns and were always kept in the house (property where the kennels are). So a killer comes into the property at night and stops by the house and shoots Maggie and Paul and somehow takes guns from there and sneaks up on them at the kennels and they were totally unaware. 

Alex can’t imagine why a witness would say he was trying to get her to say he stayed longer at his moms than he actually did or what he told the maid to say about the clothes he was wearing? 

Wait... the guns used to kill Paul and Maggie were owned by Murdaughs?  I didn't know that detail.

That's kind of important.

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Wait... the guns used to kill Paul and Maggie were owned by Murdaughs?  I didn't know that detail.

And he can’t remember when two of them went missing of three of several guns they own. Ballistics confirmed that what was fired at Maggie and Paul matched other shell casings on the property. Family owned guns that just disappeared. 

Well, one of them was apparently conveniently stolen a few years ago. If you believe the defense, that exact weapon was then used to kill wife and son. Was that rifle ever reported stolen to the police?

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

30 minutes ago, Augustus said:

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

And he can’t remember when two of them went missing of three of several guns they own. Ballistics confirmed that what was fired at Maggie and Paul matched other shell casings on the property. Family owned guns that just disappeared. 

21 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
30 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Well, one of them was apparently conveniently stolen a few years ago. If you believe the defense, that exact weapon was then used to kill wife and son. Was that rifle ever reported stolen to the police?

I don't believe it was ever conclusively proven that the Murdaugh's actual guns killed them. Only that the gun and ammo used to kill them was consistent with guns and ammo that the Murdaugh's had owned at some point. And that the guns/ammo were fairly unique.

22 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
31 minutes ago, Augustus said:

One went missing and one was stolen but not sure if it was reported stolen. Same thing with all the threats against Paul that Alex mentioned on the scene. Never reported. It’s  interesting how one gun was missing but then a friend of his says he saw it when they went hunting not too long before the murders but is now gone. 

On the bodycam of first responders on the scene of the 911 call he says, “I last saw M&P….I’ve been gone for an hour and a half/two hours and I last saw them 45 minutes before that.” How does that help investigators establish a timeline? It doesn’t. Waters is getting under Alex’s skin. 

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

image.gif.a79330162e8544d1745e86628ca11c88.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I don't believe it was ever conclusively proven that the Murdaugh's actual guns killed them. Only that the gun and ammo used to kill them was consistent with guns and ammo that the Murdaugh's had owned at some point. And that the guns/ammo were fairly unique.

My understanding is that it was more than consistent.  They did forensic testing on the 300 blackout shell casings used in murder and others found around the ranch property and they matched up.  I guess they look at the primer strike and other ejection marks which are unique from rifle to rifle.  So, it was not just because they were 300 blackout rounds which are not as common as 223 rounds, but still used by many.  I have a couple of 300 blackout guns.  Great caliber for whacking hogs with a suppressor and whatnot.

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

image.gif.a79330162e8544d1745e86628ca11c88.gif

I wish this would happen. In the Jodi Arias trial she was absolutely gutted on cross by the prosecution. So much so that it left her self defense defense in tatters. I just want to see one gotcha type moment. Just one. 

Anyway Alex seemed like such a nice young man. I mean here he is dressed real sharp for a frat party (he’s 54 I believe now so in the 1990’s.) what a snappy dresser. Such a good boy! What went wrong!? Lmao! 

7BECFBFF-8C04-4860-B25B-179F03961E94.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Well it appears that we are already half way complete and #3 seems to be coming soon.

I don't think the death penalty is in play here but I'll be happy if somebody can correct me on that.

12 minutes ago, Augustus said:

If he gets desperate, he should point his finger and say, "I can't keep up this deception.  They were killed by that little shit right there, my son Buster!  He's the murderer!"

He would 100% do it if it would save his own hide. Alex is a worthless piece of shit.

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Prosecutor finally tee'd off on him.

He’s like a very slow burn kinda guy! But shit when he finally starts going after the timeline…it’s nice. Jury is getting a nice and upfront look at a damn liar. 

Just now, Deej said:

But you love him. Without him you wouldn't have all the trial to watch and content to post. Haha.

I’m a true crime/trial junkie! 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s like a very slow burn kinda guy! But shit when he finally starts going after the timeline…it’s nice. Jury is getting a nice and upfront look at a damn liar. 

I’m a true crime/trial junkie! 

I don't have time to be anymore but I used to watch a lot of those 1-hour episode true crime shows, and like many, I imagine, i was repeatedly amazed at the stupid shit people do that guaranteed their conviction, which could have been so easily avoided.

Thankfully they didn't get away with it.  But as an intellectual exercise, it was fun to identify what could have been done differently.

I was also genuinely surprised at several "guilty" verdicts in cases where I wouldn't have been able to vote guilty (at least, not based on what was shown during the episode)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s a narcissist and they couldn’t stop him. At least one of his main two attorneys did not want this to happen. 

I would assume they wouldn't, but the more I think about it, after it came out his voice was on the video from Paul's phone, maybe they figured he had to.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I wish this would happen. In the Jodi Arias trial she was absolutely gutted on cross by the prosecution. So much so that it left her self defense defense in tatters. I just want to see one gotcha type moment. Just one. 

Anyway Alex seemed like such a nice young man. I mean here he is dressed real sharp for a frat party (he’s 54 I believe now so in the 1990’s.) what a snappy dresser. Such a good boy! What went wrong!? Lmao! 

7BECFBFF-8C04-4860-B25B-179F03961E94.jpeg

I can never figure out who the KAs insult more-- the USA or the actual Confederate army.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm seeing tons of comments on the YouTube chat saying, "He's a liar and a thief but I'm just not sure killed his wife and son."

So, someone showed up with the very rifle that was stolen from Buster two years prior within 10 minutes of him leaving the kennel area and blasted his wife and son?  Sure.....

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm seeing tons of comments on the YouTube chat saying, "He's a liar and a thief but I'm just not sure killed his wife and son."

I hear that a lot too! It’s a mostly circumstantial case. It has to be tied together for them. Without video evidence of him shooting Maggie and Paul people can’t find guilt. They have to have it on camera. If the state closes correctly they will take each piece of evidence and add it and add it until it’s an unbreakable bundle. Why lie about your alibi? The person with the best means, motive and ability was him. But people will always think what they want. 

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Does he really have a cousin named Eddie?

Yes! Curtis Eddie Smith. The man who participated in the roadside shooting scheme and who allegedly dealt him drugs and was a distant cousin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think what happened is that he blasted his wife and son and planned to kill himself there, but just could not go through with it.  He then tried to have a third party "kill" him under the guise of being able to protect his son's right to his life insurance money.  Under most insurance policies, the suicide exclusion is only for a year or two after initiating the policy and as a lawyer, he would have known this. So, if that policy was older than two years, Buster would have received the insurance money even if he killed himself. He has wanted to kill himself but is too much of a narcissist to actually do it. 

Edited by cabowabo

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I think what happened is that he blasted his wife and son and planned to kill himself there, but just could not go through with it.  He then tried to have a third party "kill" him under the guise of being able to protect his son's right to his life insurance money.  Under most insurance policies, the suicide exclusion is only for a year or two after initiating the policy and as a lawyer, he would have known this. So, if that policy was older than two years, Buster would have received the insurance money even if he killed himself. He has wanted to kill himself but is too much of a narcissist.  

If he planned to kill himself, why kill Paul and Maggie.

If he really wanted Buster to be able to inherit an insurance payoff, then he obviously loves at least one of his sons.  Is it possible to love one but be capable of murdering the other?

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Well, wait until the prosecutor wraps up and passes the witness.

I heard him finish his cross.  I just wondered what you heard that he hadn't already said.

Just now, Augustus said:

If he really wanted Buster to be able to inherit an insurance payoff, then he obviously loves at least one of his sons.  Is it possible to love one but be capable of murdering the other?

I heard him finish his cross.  I just wondered what you heard that he hadn't already said.

Well, maybe I had missed it earlier, but the part of him lying about when he last saw them alive before SLED was involved or before he had talked with his law partners, etc. (all the reasons why he said he decided to lie).  He is lying about the reasons why he decided to lie in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

The killings of M&P happened on June 7th. The roadside shit happened on September 4th after he’d been forced to resign from his firm for stealing. So he never planned to kill himself and his gunshot wound was very superficial. Just a graze and he sat with a sketch artist for one hour developing a sketch of a fake shooter that looked a lot like Mallory Beach’s boyfriend Anthony Cook. He then cofesses to Sled he made all that up and  insists he wanted to kill hinself for Buster because he’d get some nebulous life insurance policy. But he’s not shot up a bazillion times like Maggie and Paul. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

The killings of M&P happened on June 7th. The roadside shit happened on September 4th after he’d been forced to resign from his firm for stealing. So he never planned to kill himself and his gunshot wound was very superficial. Just a graze and he sat with a sketch artist for one hour developing a sketch of a fake shooter that looked a lot like Mallory Beach’s boyfriend Anthony Cook. He then cofesses to Sled he made all that up and  insists he wanted to kill hinself for Buster because he’d get some nebulous life insurance policy. But he’s not shot up a bazillion times like Maggie and Paul. 

I'm willing to believe a lot of things, but not that he had Cousin Eddie "Shoot me in the head but just graze me."  

I think he either wanted Eddie to kill him, or Eddie accidentally nearly killed him.  

But I was responding to the notion that killing Paul and Maggie was part of a murder/suicide and he couldn't bring himself to finish the suicide.

• Hook 'Em 1