South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

Just now, conVINCEd said:

That was some quality work by someone to get the potential holdout juror booted.

She was discussing the case and saying she could prove he was innocent before they were allowed to talk about the case. Stealth juror who brought a dozen eggs with her to court and caused a situation until she got them backZ that was imo the defense’s last ditch effort. A planted juror imo.

• Like 1

Cool picture of Creighton Waters. Poetic his last name is Waters. The boat crash started all this. It rained the night they were killed and it rained when they had the funeral. It rained the two days Alex testified. Rain has a way of exposing things. Fuck Alec Murdock! 

1FB7F2BF-5CBC-4F0C-876E-CD9FE52D12E0.jpeg

I just started getting sucked into this story in the last 2-3 days. I am glad that I cannot imagine the mind of a sick fuck who would kill his own wife and son to try to take the heat off of himself for financial crimes he committed.  I just cannot imagine someone being that fucking evil.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

She was discussing the case and saying she could prove he was innocent before they were allowed to talk about the case. Stealth juror who brought a dozen eggs with her to court and caused a situation until she got them backZ that was imo the defense’s last ditch effort. A planted juror imo.

She was probably a ginger and it tipped them off.

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, JimmyJames said:

Don’t see it. You would have to be a serious psychopath to kill your own son. More likely the family of the girl who died on the boat.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, JimmyJames said:

You are making zero sense here. Arguing it’s more likely a father killed his own son than the family of the girl who got killed by the son. You must be insane. 

625ebb7b-97e9-4b20-a58a-da554b9a7ad5_638

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

Defense will try to use this as a basis for a new trial.  They'll lose.  But they'll try it.

Reporting was that the defense did not object to the juror's dismissal. They whined about it, but that isn't the same as an objection and ruling on the record.

• Hook 'Em 3

It doesn’t take a dumbass to see that there was very little “wiggle” room to understand Alex did it. It’s not that difficult. His main attorney Jim Griffin did not want him to testify. He admitted he lied about where he was at a crucial point in the timeline of the deaths of Maggie and Paul. Nothing else mattered after that. He couldn’t remember in his re-telling of the events (admitted he lied for months about his alibi only after his murdered son’s video was finally seen) what his last words were to his son and wife. Couldn’t remember anything at all. 

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

We might get all of three listeners. 

Podcasts are the future man. Think about it. 

Y’all should really look up Mandy Matney. She moved to Islandton SC and was covering basically shark sightings and boat crashes until Mallory Beach was killed in the boat crash that if you haven’t seen any documentaries about this case lit the fuse. She’s a hero in my estimation. She’s been threatened and bullied since. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Y’all should really look up Mandy Matney. She moved to Islandton SC and was covering basically shark sightings and boat crashes until Mallory Beach was killed in the boat crash that if you haven’t seen any documentaries about this case lit the fuse. She’s a hero in my estimation. She’s been threatened and bullied since. 

When do they move to sentencing? Anyone know the years he's looking at?

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope Alex gets life. He tried to blame Anthony and Connor Cook for these murders. The family tried to insinuate that Connor Cook was driving the boat when Mallory was killed. He planned this with two different guns killing Maggie and Paul and if you don’t believe me consider the fact that he sat for an hour with a sketch artist after his fake roadside shit and the sketch looked remarkably like Mallory’s boyfriend Anthony Cook. Fuck him and his shit ass family.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Alex sat for a roadside shooting/attempted suicide/throwing police off me the real killer: 

He spent at least an hour with a sketch artist saying a nice white young man drove up and shot him. We later learn he lied and hired cousin Eddie whom he didn’t pay to do this. Over and over the defense balked vigilantes for killing Paul because of the boat crash involving Paul who was drunk af. Pictures of Anthony Cook with Mallory Beach who died. 

F14855EC-D570-4B09-B012-20990DA11F1B.jpeg

F888B9C0-6F5C-4F7E-89EC-459F60634A28.jpeg

27 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

When do they move to sentencing? Anyone know the years he's looking at?

Lol. The dude killed two people.  He’s getting life in prison.  
I assume SC has the death penalty.  This should have been a death penalty case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I just binged the HBOMax and Netflx series.  Man what beautiful girl that Mallory was.  So sad.  In the HBO one they said the last shot to the mom was standing straight over her into her head, I think.   Just can’t imagine doing that to the mother of my kids.  

At least it was relatively quick. His sister in law (whom he stayed with for days after the killings) he told Maggie’s sister in her testimony (she didn’t believe he was guilty or at least didn’t start to go there until his fake roadside shooting) said Alex told her “‘Maggie and Paul didn’t suffer and whoever did this planned it for a long time.” She was on his side until after he confessed to faking the roadside shit. They were still believing in him.

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That bald defense lawyer lies through his teeth like it’s nothing.  Either that or he’s the most gullible person in history.  

Given another set of facts he’d be deadly. The bald one was burning the midnight oil on the case whereas Harpoon (whose wife is the ambassador to some country) went on instinct. The defense was given a client who admitted to stealing, being a drug addict and ultimately admitted to lying about where he was only after a video was cracked from his son’s phone a few months ago.

Edited by Nicole44

Unreal. I thought deliberations would go longer because someone on the jury would be under the AM spell. Maybe it was the juror that was removed and I need to look into that story more. But very happy to see swift justice for someone who felt invincible and was caught up in a “good-ole-boy” network of recklessness and zero appreciation of life. The body count is far beyond two for this monster.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had the verdict up on my laptop, and I swear to god after the judge wrapped up and they were walking murdaugh out of the court room they camera panned over the jury. Was that an overflow viewing area? Sure seemed like that’s the direction they were looking when speaking to the jury. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, this clown isn't it.

Agreed. He got a tiny Harsin from the spotlight and decided to be a TV star. His crosses elicited the needed testimony but, from a pure “how to try a case” perspective, was terrible and often just showboating as others have noted.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I cannot imagine going to law school, making $90k per year (no bonus) and having a retirement match factoring into the lucrative nature of the compensation package I’m getting. I also cannot imagine private attorneys at the level of a primary trial attorney (not support) not making at least $360k in total compensation for the year. Good ones make well in excess of seven figures annually. 

Yeah. I probably have no idea what I’m talking about. I’m just a guy who’s been doing criminal law from both sides since 2005.
  • Haha 1

Saw some speculation about a generation skipping trust set up by Alex's Dad that was structured to transfer enormous wealth to Paul and probably Buster.  The atty said if Paul predeceased his grandfather, Alex likely gets some of that money from that wealthy Trust.

Remember, Paul's grandfather died just a few days after the murders.  If Alex did this to get more money, that's PURE EVIL.

• Hook 'Em 2

[mention=1234]Nicole44[/mention]
Well done on the coverage. Even money that this POS kills himself before Christmas.

Really appreciate Nicole and others’s updates and input.

Some of you might be intrigued by the big trial just starting up in Bell County right now. It’s a death penalty case so they still have a couple of weeks of jury selection before beginning testimony.

Defendant is Cedric “Spider” Marks, who is representing himself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, scottsins said:

Yeah. I probably have no idea what I’m talking about. I’m just a guy who’s been doing criminal law from both sides since 2005.

I suspect you do know what you’re talking about, except that $90k (and some retirement match - lol) is not a lot of money.  My non-attorney contention is that a lot of these guys go private and make a lot more money. This affects the quality of attorney. My take is not controversial, and is shared by everyone I know - attorneys and nonattorneys alike.