South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

2 hours ago, woohorn said:
4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:
Don’t see it. You would have to be a serious psychopath to kill your own son. More likely the family of the girl who died on the boat.

When you son unexpectedly shows up while you are killing your wife, you don't have any choice.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Or hate to say it. Kid was a sociopath. 

Or the wife showed up, or she objected to what he was doing.

I mean, most of us with sons love them and would do anything for them, but if you raise a sociopath...

tumblr_njr5txgr5D1tclc2lo2_400.gifv

First thing I thought when I read it the other day, was a hit. From the family of the daughter. Southern people don't take a wronging too good. Might be they got to thinking that rich kid was gonna skate so they took the reigns in their hands. Maybe they got to thinking not enough blood was drawed so they went after the old man. 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

So is Murdaugh a serial killer or not? 

I think Alex was the shooter on Maggie and/or Paul, but I'm not sure. Maggie was killed with a shotgun while Paul was killed by a semi-automatic rifle. The different murder weapons thing is really throwing people for a loop. It's certainly plausible that Alex killed Maggie. Paul shows up at the cabin and Alex killed him as well with a different weapon. 

Buster, the eldest son, was allegedly out of town at the time of the murders. Buster has wisely be laying very low. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Alex was the shooter on Maggie and/or Paul, but I'm not sure. Maggie was killed with a shotgun while Paul was killed by a semi-automatic rifle. The different murder weapons thing is really throwing people for a loop. 

Buster, the eldest son, was allegedly out of town at the time of the murders. Buster has wisely be laying very low. 

flip that - Paul got the shotgun, Maggie got the rifle. 

Now for another twist:

On Monday, Murdaugh issued a surprise statement saying that he was quitting the law firm his great-grandfather founded a century ago and entering rehab. On Tuesday, Murdaugh’s spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the father-of-two was “in rehab currently,” but declined to provide details about the facility or the nature of the program. 

“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret,” he said.

“I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders.

“I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt, including my family, friends, and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships,” he said.

What Murdaugh, 53, did not not mention was that he had been forced out of the firm, Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick, on Friday amid allegations of theft.

“His resignation came after the discovery by PMPED that Alex misappropriated funds in violation of PMPED standards and policies,” the firm said in a statement Monday evening.

“A forensic accounting firm will be retained to conduct a thorough investigation. Law enforcement and the SC Bar have been notified by PMPED. This is disappointing news for all of us. Rest assured that our firm will deal with this in a straightforward manner.”

Murdaugh’s attorney, Jim Griffin, confirmed to The New York Times that his client left in response to the accusations and that police knew about them before the alleged shooting. Griffin said Murdaugh felt “regret and sorrow” over his departure.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-murdaugh-top-south-carolina-lawyer-shot-months-after-family-murder-says-hes-going-to-rehab?ref=home

The surviving shithead son on the left is also rumored to be involved in the suspicious death of a gay friend/classmate 6 years ago. 

The Murdaugh family seems to have watched Roadhouse before taking a solemn oath to live their lives like Brad Wesley and company.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Yes, the official story is that the classmate was hit by a car.  But the victim's mother is adamant that the injuries were more consistent with his having been beaten to death.

And both the responding SC Highway Patrol and EMS personnel reported there was a gunshot entry above the right eye and no vehicle debris anywhere around the scene.

• Hook 'Em 1

Daddy Murdaugh allegedly stole millions from his firm:

"The law firm said it had told Mr. Murdaugh of the accusations on Friday, and that he and the firm agreed that he should resign. Mr. Murdaugh’s lawyer said his client had expressed his 'regret and sorrow.'

"The law office did not say how much money was missing, but a member of the firm, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose company information, said the amount was in the millions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/06/us/alex-murdaugh-murders-law-firm.html

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, smuggs said:

The surviving shithead son on the left is also rumored to be involved in the suspicious death of a gay friend/classmate 6 years ago. 

The Murdaugh family seems to have watched Roadhouse before taking a solemn oath to live their lives like Brad Wesley and company.

22 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Yes, the official story is that the classmate was hit by a car.  But the victim's mother is adamant that the injuries were more consistent with his having been beaten to death.

6 minutes ago, smuggs said:

And both the responding SC Highway Patrol and EMS personnel reported there was a gunshot entry above the right eye and no vehicle debris anywhere around the scene.

The podcast said that state authorities are re-opening that case. Not sure if that's going anywhere though. 

23 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Feels like somebody has driving by, started to harass Stephen Smith, and they either shot him or threw something at him that unfortunately killed him. 

Sounds like more a hate crime than Buster wanting to kill Smith. 

Why would the dad go through so much trouble to try to "fix" the boat accident, only to kill his shitty son afterwards? And if the shitty son walked in on his dad killing his mom, the dad could just tell the son "I'm fixing your problem, you can help me fix mine!", instead of finding a different gun and killing him too.

And if I'm Buster, I'm changing my name and leaving town for good.

16 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Why would the dad go through so much trouble to try to "fix" the boat accident, only to kill his shitty son afterwards? And if the shitty son walked in on his dad killing his mom, the dad could just tell the son "I'm fixing your problem, you can help me fix mine!", instead of finding a different gun and killing him too.

And if I'm Buster, I'm changing my name and leaving town for good.

What if Buster killed Paul because Paul killed Stephen, who was Buster's lover? Maggie being collateral damage. 

One of the posters on that forum linked above made some pretty reasonable observations that the shooting of Alex Murdaugh wasn't a self-inflicted deal:

Someone mentioned that Paul's dad may have self inflicted the wounds to his head. Personally, I think its far fetched. When a gun is shot up close, its hard to create grazing wounds without accidentally blowing up your head. Most people would shoot in a non-vital area of the body such as arm or leg to create a flesh wound. Shooting yourself in the head is a not a common way to commit a self-inflict a non-lethal wound.

I also saw some video footage of the shooting scene. I had two main observations. Some of the windows on the car was obviously shattered (saw it on another video from a car driving by the vehicle). It seems two of the tires were flat. The front driver tire appears to be flat and the rear driver tires were definitely flat. The dad could have flatten his own tires, but it at least it does match his excuse for being on the side of the road due to a flat tire. On the other hand, I didn't see any jacks on the side of the road. Another observations is the number of evidence markers. There were at least 5 markers near the car and at least two more further away about 30 feet from the car location. I assume these are the casings from the bullets. Based on the trajectory, it appears the shots were made from a moving vehicle instead of a person standing in one spot. The three other pieces of evidence further away indicates the shooter may have attempted three more shots further away. One of the evidence was covered up with a dark umbrella. There may be a footprint or car tire impression that they want to preserve under the umbrella. According to the victim, the car made a U turn so it may have left some tire mark or other evidence.

Self inflicted contact wounds also have distinct patterns. The burning gunpowder leaves residual burn marks due to the close proximity to the shooter. If a bullet is shot further away, these residual powder burn marks would not be left on the victim. This can easily be detected with photographs of the wound marks and also doing a skin swab for residual powder at the wound site. They can also swab the victim's hands for gunpowder marks to determine if they have fired a gun recently also.

Given the information so far, I think someone did try to shoot the dad while he was on the side of the road. Its not uncommon in some of these states for people to have firearms in their vehicle. This could be a spontaneous act by someone due to anger. They saw an opportunity and since they had a gun in the car, they decided to take a few pot shots at the victim as they drive down the road.

This murder plot thickens.

CrimeScene.png

• Hook 'Em 1