South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

I hope they don't involve Mandy Matney at all just so we can listen to the bitch-fit she will throw about it on her podcast. 

If they use any of her research/reporting, they might have to throw her an interview. 

Good news : She's not bad looking. 

Bad news : She sounds like a 1-900 number. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 2

Fitsnews and the Island Packet have the best local stuff. But I’m outta free articles lol. 

https://www.islandpacket.com

https://www.fitsnews.com

Comments on Fits under the articles are interesting. Lots of local rumors. 

Another rumor: Alex has an African American girlfriend and has had said girlfriend for a while and wife found out just before she and Paul were shot dead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

When are the mistresses and insurance policies coming on the scene? If there's one thing I've learned from millions of hours of true crime shows, it's always a mistress and an insurance policy. 

@MaybeACoordinator called it.  Bravo.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Fitsnews and the Island Packet have the best local stuff. But I’m outta free articles lol. 

https://www.islandpacket.com

https://www.fitsnews.com

Comments on Fits under the articles are interesting. Lots of local rumors. 

Another rumor: Alex has an African American girlfriend and has had said girlfriend for a while and wife found out just before she and Paul were shot dead. 

What is a good overview article based on where everything stands right now? If there isn't one, can you summarize? Somewhere along the line, I got lost and I was trying to explain it to someone today and couldn't do it worth a shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

What is a good overview article based on where everything stands right now? If there isn't one, can you summarize? Somewhere along the line, I got lost and I was trying to explain it to someone today and couldn't do it worth a shit.

This is a short-and-sweet rendition.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/us/murdaugh-family-connected-deaths/index.html

• Hook 'Em 2

I love how his attorneys said he’s just fallen into a slump since their deaths…like the embezzlement and drug use only started after his wife and son were shot and yet they say he’s been addicted to drugs for twenty years. Which is it? Guy is in deep if they care about getting him on multiple insurance fraud issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I love how his attorneys said he’s just fallen into a slump since their deaths…like the embezzlement and drug use only started after his wife and son were shot and yet they say he’s been addicted to drugs for twenty years. Which is it? Guy is in deep if they care about getting him on multiple insurance fraud issues. 

Are you going to tell us what you did to trigger the CR betas? Did you tell them they had to shower after football practice or something? I have seen so many pussies angry at a woman since Tara Reade got fired.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Are you going to tell us what you did to trigger the CR betas? Did you tell them they had to shower after football practice or something? I have seen so many pussies angry at a woman since Tara Reade got fired.

You're the only one pissing and moaning about someone invading your safe space. The thread is in DT so here is where people comment on it. It wouldn't matter who posted it originally. 

On another website I saw it compared to Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Except this bunch is way more sleazy and far less likable. It's got everything to entice the reader though: murder, embezzlement, drugs, closeted gays, and a powerful family with plenty of enemies.

You don't get to keep this delicious tale to yourself.

• Hook 'Em 2

Ya…agree on the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil thing. My dad’s former pathology partner in Amarillo—Dr. Nugent’s mom was the subject of the Texas Monthly article Midnight in the Garden of east Texas (she was murdered by Bernie Tiede—the Movie Bernie if anyone saw https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Tiede .) that was a weird story for sure but everyone is always trying to compare Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil to something (basically all I remember is the guy walking an imaginary dog on a leash from that.) 

I wonder how serious SLED is here: like are they committed following the evidence even if all leads back to Alex? Even his shooting injury report got changed from no injury to serious injury…after his attorneys complained publicly. Now they are upset that he is confined to the rehab he voluntarily selected and went to before he was arrested…lulz. Twitter on this is outstanding. 

< I do realize I occasionally go into the CR on an odd bad day and stir shit up but I don’t care who posts or why they post on this thread — it’s interesting. I’m not big on insulting other posters though. People may not care for my posts or opinions and that’s fair. Most people know who I am (either have met me or know someone who knows me) so some of the stuff that has been posted about me is kinda hilarious to say the least. >

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Deej said:

I was hoping The Golden State Killer would get to her before she offed herself with opiates about midway through that damned thing. 

image.thumb.png.1eda526373b1f45e965bf82261be4482.png

What's the context here, I must have missed something.  How are these two stories related? I read the book and Im not seeing the connection.

Edited by jdhorn92

4 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

image.thumb.png.1eda526373b1f45e965bf82261be4482.png

What's the context here, I must have missed something.  How are these two stories related? I read the book and Im not seeing the connection.

They're not related. HBO apparently beat Dateline to the punch as it comes to doing a doc on the Murdaugh family. People are hoping what they put out is better than I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK, the steaming pile of shit HBO doc about Patton Oswalt's dead wife's obsession with finding the "Golden State Killer."

• Hook 'Em 2

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/curtis-eddie-smith-says-he-was-set-up-by-alex-murdaugh/

“I get a call from Alex that Saturday afternoon to come to where he was and I thought it was maybe to fix something,” Smith said, gesturing to a silver Chevy pickup he said was his work truck. “I had no idea what he wanted, I just went over there.”

Smith said he then drove over to the stretch of rural Old Salkehatchie Road and found Murdaugh in his car. He said Murdaugh then got out of his car brandishing a gun, and waving it around as if he might be about to shoot himself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/curtis-eddie-smith-says-he-was-set-up-by-alex-murdaugh/

“I get a call from Alex that Saturday afternoon to come to where he was and I thought it was maybe to fix something,” Smith said, gesturing to a silver Chevy pickup he said was his work truck. “I had no idea what he wanted, I just went over there.”

Smith said he then drove over to the stretch of rural Old Salkehatchie Road and found Murdaugh in his car. He said Murdaugh then got out of his car brandishing a gun, and waving it around as if he might be about to shoot himself.

Damn. Regardless Alex Murdaugh is a POS and needs jail period. I hope SLED can nail him to the wall if he’s guilty of what we probably all think he is guilty of. 

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

They're not related. HBO apparently beat Dateline to the punch as it comes to doing a doc on the Murdaugh family. People are hoping what they put out is better than I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK, the steaming pile of shit HBO doc about Patton Oswalt's dead wife's obsession with finding the "Golden State Killer."

Thank you.  I’m glad you clarified. I thoroughly enjoyed the book “I’ll be gone in the dark”. I was a kid in the 80’s in Orange County when all that was going on. My dad was in law enforcement , but we still slept every night with windows open and slider too I suppose. Listening to the end of every dodger game (vin scully) and Lakers game (chicky Hearne),  different times,  but I was riveted by the book and detail  

Edited by jdhorn92

My bet -

Paul is (was) a psychopath who killed his mother in a fit of rage (the multiple rifle shots) and Alex shot Paul twice with the shotgun when he came on the scene,  or in defending himself/wife.

Alex then takes both weapons and dumps them in the slough to cover it all up "for the sake of the family", before calling the police.

The enormity of what's happened, along with his own embezzlement surfacing is too much, so decides he just wants to check out, but his hitman misses.

I'm most likely wrong, but that's the feeling I got after listening to the vocal fry podcast.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

My bet -

Paul is (was) a psychopath who killed his mother in a fit of rage (the multiple rifle shots) and Alex shot Paul twice with the shotgun when he came on the scene,  or in defending himself/wife.

Alex then takes both weapons and dumps them in the slough to cover it all up "for the sake of the family", before calling the police.

The enormity of what's happened, along with his own embezzlement surfacing is too much, so decides he just wants to check out, but his hitman misses.

I'm most likely wrong, but that's the feeling I got after listening to the vocal fry podcast.

Or...Alex had a girlfriend (can't say for sure but multiple lowcountry peeps say it is true). He is an all around POS. His son is like Damien from the Omen. He is a terrible lawyer and just living off the "firm" his family started. Son is involved in a boating accident where it is claimed Alex and his father intimidated witnesses and there is a grand jury underway on Alex involvement in his son's accident (basically trying to force his way into multiple hospital rooms to try and get those on the boat to say his son, POS that he is wasn't driving it.) So several years earlier a gay boy, classmate and rumored lover of one of Alex's son's is found dead with a suspicious wound to the head (BTW no such wound I could see at Pumpkin Head's  head  at his bail hearing showed what his lawyers were describing.) Alex's house keeper of 25 years just falls down the stairs and is hospitalized. Alex tells the family of housekeeper. "Hey let me sue myself" refers the family to his friend/lawyer/gofather of his son and somehow the settlement happened over two years ago and the family never saw a dime. whereas Alex and his friend saw some money.  Alex tried to make it look like Mallory Beach's family was after him. His alibi is shit. He found their bodies. He was apparently visiting his dying father while the wife and son were killed. and then his dad dies three days after the wife and son were killed...dad was at home dying. That is his alibi. And the state wants us to believe he was despondent. Took drugs and such and paid his drug dealer/client with checks. He is an opiod addict. for 20 years...I honestly hope he hangs himself. 

7 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

I'm not disputing anything about Alex, the family, or all the other ills.  

It may well be all Alex (probably is) but nothing with this family seems to be linear except that they are the common denominator in a shit load of grief in this community.

I don't think we will ever know given how entrenched this family is with local/state government. But your theory is badass. I feel like he will get away with it. 

20 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Or...Alex had a girlfriend (can't say for sure but multiple lowcountry peeps say it is true). He is an all around POS. His son is like Damien from the Omen. He is a terrible lawyer and just living off the "firm" his family started. Son is involved in a boating accident where it is claimed Alex and his father intimidated witnesses and there is a grand jury underway on Alex involvement in his son's accident (basically trying to force his way into multiple hospital rooms to try and get those on the boat to say his son, POS that he is wasn't driving it.) So several years earlier a gay boy, classmate and rumored lover of one of Alex's son's is found dead with a suspicious wound to the head (BTW no such wound I could see at Pumpkin Head's  head  at his bail hearing showed what his lawyers were describing.) Alex's house keeper of 25 years just falls down the stairs and is hospitalized. Alex tells the family of housekeeper. "Hey let me sue myself" refers the family to his friend/lawyer/gofather of his son and somehow the settlement happened over two years ago and the family never saw a dime. whereas Alex and his friend saw some money.  Alex tried to make it look like Mallory Beach's family was after him. His alibi is shit. He found their bodies. He was apparently visiting his dying father while the wife and son were killed. and then his dad dies three days after the wife and son were killed...dad was at home dying. That is his alibi. And the state wants us to believe he was despondent. Took drugs and such and paid his drug dealer/client with checks. He is an opiod addict. for 20 years...I honestly hope he hangs himself. 

in one sense of the word "terrible," this is solid evidence of same. In another sense, it is contradictory. If you have absolutely zero morals, it's pretty brilliant. 

A guy that pays someone to kill him probably isn't above hiring people to kill his wife and kid, especially if he's having money or criminal activity issues and needs either witnesses to go away or insurance money to cover debts. Also gets rid of the liability issue with his son, but I'd guess it's more likely the wife was the target and the son happened to be there and was taken out too. These aren't professional hitmen being hired, but druggies. Couple guys show up with their own guns which would explain different weapons.

Wouldn't be surprised if stuff like this goes farther back than son or even dad.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Dude also killed his wife and son. Evil motherfucker. 

Yes he is an evil mofo. And I truly believe that if SLED can tie him to those murders and any other crimes they will work tirelessly to put enough forth evidence that will get a conviction in the court of law.

SLED Chief’s remarks after the latest arrest:

"Today is merely one more step in a long process for justice for the many victims in these investigations," SLED Chief Mark Keel said. 

"(Agents) will continue to work tirelessly on behalf of those who were victimized by Alex Murdaugh and others. As I have said previously, we are committed to following the facts wherever they may lead us and we will not stop until justice is served."

Yes he is an evil mofo. And I truly believe that if SLED can tie him to those murders and any other crimes they will work tirelessly to put enough forth evidence that will get a conviction in the court of law.
SLED Chief’s remarks after the latest arrest:
"Today is merely one more step in a long process for justice for the many victims in these investigations," SLED Chief Mark Keel said. 
"(Agents) will continue to work tirelessly on behalf of those who were victimized by Alex Murdaugh and others. As I have said previously, we are committed to following the facts wherever they may lead us and we will not stop until justice is served."

I read an article about the guy in charge of sled and he doesn’t mess around. I think he is going to follow up on all of this. Nothing is going to be left unturned. Will be interesting and I bet more people fall - coroners, Leo etc

Makes you wonder if the law firm had others ripping off clients. My guess is yes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The lengths he went in order to arrange the settlement and then steal the money from his dead housekeeper's sons is amazing.

What's also amazing is the number of people in the legal community that had to know he was up to something and looked the other way (at best).

Other lawyers, financial fiduciaries, and even judges seemed at a minimum to be scared to question him and in some cases were working with him in that scam.

I have to think that this wasn't his first rodeo with pocketing settlement money meant for victims, as he seemed to execute this "deal" so seamlessly.

Lots of innocent people left harmed in his wake.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, in this case they didn't give him access to it.  He orchestrated the deal - acted like a nice guy and directed them to hire a buddy to represent them- then ran the whole process behind the scenes.  They never knew the settlement had been paid, how much it was...anything...they were left in the dark until his other shit hit the fan and they hired another attorney to find out the status of their case.

• Hook 'Em 3