[Surly Horns Official] Mortgage Provider - Market Advantage 832-557-1095

blacklab

Thanks for the generous intro. We're fired up about this partnership. Surly is Gabe's home base (and I'm a long time lurker) and the opportunity to invest in the community is an honor we don't take lightly. Helping to optimize an important part of your financial life is a responsibility that we take seriously. Thanks for giving us a shot at earning your business.

Hook 'em. 

• Hook 'Em 9

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've been listening to EGAT since the beginning (and reading Scipio since the Barking Carnival days) and never put it together that Wulaw was Gabe. Does this mean David is Swam4Texas?

No he's not.  Don't put that evil on him around these parts.  I liked Swam ok but he was an aquired taste.  Nobody dislikes David McC.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No he's not.  Don't put that evil on him around these parts.  I liked Swam ok but he was an aquired taste.  Nobody dislikes David McC.

haha, yeah I kinda figured Swam wasn't someone who worked for a big financial firm in Chicago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scipio said:

As an aside, because tribalism, it's probably worth mentioning that Inside Texas welcomed RGBIII's promo of Burnt Ends , pinned it on the main board, passed it around social. Even though we're all supposed to be competitors or some bullshit. Point being: the smart communities are working together to make the football good. The less smart see everything as zero sum. That's why Gabe and I gladly kicked in on the surly NIL deal rather than just doing our own. 

A lot of opportunity for cooperation when everyone just wants to make the football good. 

As long as that cooperation still means FCB (and “kurt”, and ketch), good deal.

You know, cause fuck ‘em. 

48 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I refi-ed last year, but I will certainly keep you in mind with my next purchase.  This is good stuff, hook 'em

I did the same last year (and am also in Ohio), but I should have a few graduating doc students next year that will be moving somewhere around the country for as new tenure track faculty, so I will keep you guys in mind.

Do you guys only do Texas or do you do nationwide? 

Just now, Laxtonto said:

I did the same last year (and am also in Ohio), but I should have a few graduating doc students next year that will be moving somewhere around the country for as new tenure track faculty, so I will keep you guys in mind.

Do you guys only do Texas or do you do nationwide? 

For now, Texas, but that footprint is expanding by the day.  Bottom line is that I view my job as helping people so I do lots of consults for people out of state as @Scipio can verify from all his listeners that have reached out to him with some version of this story... "So, Gabe did a free consult with me, listened to what I was thinking, told me what type of deal I should be in and then told me what would be a great rate in the current market, a good rate in the current market, an average rate in the current market and what would just kind of suck... Thanks for telling me to call him."

We are happy to do that here on Surly as well. Truthfully, there are just a ton of good people on Surly that will answer your questions about anything, without expecting anything out of it.  It's really a tremendous community in that way.  We are certainly going to help along those lines.  There are a few users in other states here that could share that same story if they so choose that we've helped them in that way.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scipio said:

As an aside, because tribalism, it's probably worth mentioning that Inside Texas welcomed RGBIII's promo of Burnt Ends , pinned it on the main board, passed it around social. Even though we're all supposed to be competitors or some bullshit. Point being: the smart communities are working together to make the football good. The less smart see everything as zero sum. That's why Gabe and I gladly kicked in on the surly NIL deal rather than just doing our own. 

A lot of opportunity for cooperation when everyone just wants to make the football good. 

Absolutely! Everyone rowing the same direction! You love to see it! 

• Hook 'Em 4

There is a zero percent chance RGBIII can launch into a Gabe commercial as smoothly as @Scipio does on the EGAT podcast.  Sometimes I'll be 45 seconds into Paul's spiel before I even realize I'm nodding along to a commercial.  But I'm looking forward to RGB trying.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is a zero percent chance RGBIII can launch into a Gabe commercial as smoothly as @Scipio does on the EGAT podcast.  Sometimes I'll be 45 seconds into Paul's spiel before I even realize I'm nodding along to a commercial.  But I'm looking forward to RGB trying.

“If you feel like you’re getting gorilla butt fucked by your current mortgage lender, give a call to Gabe. He promises cheap interest rates and even more tender love”

Easy!

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

We're looking at doing a home build in the next 12-16 months. Shot in the dark here but do you guys do VA construction loans?

So- there’s like 3 lenders in the world that offer that program. It’s a niche of a niche. We e got 100 options to find that needle in a hat stack so I will looks and get back with you. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He really is amazing isn’t he. And he’s not even the trained radio professional. Sometimes I will be listening, I will have told him what’s going on and what to inform listeners of and I don’t even see it coming. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

8 hours ago, Scipio said:

I love it!  I listen to both podcasts and enjoy them.  I am also from the days of Longhornfanzone and Hornfans (pre suckage).  I probably tailgated with the EGAT guys back in the day.  You Surly guys are likely too young to have been at those tailgates, but you’re carrying the torch well.  I’m also a Longhorn Blitz fan because of Rod Babers, so I hope that doesn’t cut across the wrong lines.  Fuck the rest though, I’m an OG internet asshole like the rest of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

For now, Texas, but that footprint is expanding by the day.  Bottom line is that I view my job as helping people so I do lots of consults for people out of state as @Scipio can verify from all his listeners that have reached out to him with some version of this story... "So, Gabe did a free consult with me, listened to what I was thinking, told me what type of deal I should be in and then told me what would be a great rate in the current market, a good rate in the current market, an average rate in the current market and what would just kind of suck... Thanks for telling me to call him."

We are happy to do that here on Surly as well. Truthfully, there are just a ton of good people on Surly that will answer your questions about anything, without expecting anything out of it.  It's really a tremendous community in that way.  We are certainly going to help along those lines.  There are a few users in other states here that could share that same story if they so choose that we've helped them in that way.  

Can confirm. Great rate that he offered to help with out of state.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I love it!  I listen to both podcasts and enjoy them.  I am also from the days of Longhornfanzone and Hornfans (pre suckage).  I probably tailgated with the EGAT guys back in the day.  You Surly guys are likely too young to have been at those tailgates, but you’re carrying the torch well.  I’m also a Longhorn Blitz fan because of Rod Babers, so I hope that doesn’t cut across the wrong lines.  Fuck the rest though, I’m an OG internet asshole like the rest of you.

I used to moderate the baseball board on LFZ. Didn’t require much moderation.  

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I used to moderate the baseball board on LFZ. Didn’t require much moderation.  

Ha ha, I’ll bet.  I have a lot of good Bob tailgate stories, but my favorite was when Bob and some of his friends got kicked out of a UT tennis match and banished back to the tailgate.  I think it might have been the spring game one of those years, but I can’t remember.

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

Ha ha, I’ll bet.  I have a lot of good Bob tailgate stories, but my favorite was when Bob and some of his friends got kicked out of a UT tennis match and banished back to the tailgate.  I think it might have been the spring game one of those years, but I can’t remember.

I wasn’t there for that. Spring game it was. Do you remember Sugar Horn?  The 80 year old guy that would bring that rocket fuel he called rum... it was always fun to see him drink the kids under the table the night before a game. Coolest 80 year old man I ever met. 

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I wasn’t there for that. Spring game it was. Do you remember Sugar Horn?  The 80 year old guy that would bring that rocket fuel he called rum... it was always fun to see him drink the kids under the table the night before a game. Coolest 80 year old man I ever met. 

Was that the guy that sold his wide-angle photo of Ricky breaking the rushing record at the tailgate parties?  I have one of those in a storage unit.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, I think I remember that guy!  I was one of the kids that got whipped, but I didn’t realize he was that old.  I assume he’s not still killing tailgates is he?

Do you remember Cory Redding’s Dad hanging out?  He was super cool and even tried to convince me to stay another year even though I was graduating.  Sloan Thomas’s Mom used to party there too.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Was that the guy that sold his wide-angle photo of Ricky breaking the rushing record at the tailgate parties?  I have one of those in a storage unit.

No. 
he used to fly a small plane from island to USA land all the way down to Rio for carnival. And, he used to fix pianos for free but only in exotic places around the world where someone would fly him down and out him up. 
he was an engineer by trade. 

5 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Yeah, I think I remember that guy!  I was one of the kids that got whipped, but I didn’t realize he was that old.  I assume he’s not still killing tailgates is he?

Do you remember Cory Redding’s Dad hanging out?  He was super cool and even tried to convince me to stay another year even though I was graduating.  Sloan Thomas’s Mom used to party there too.

Yep. Remember both those things for sure 

Just talked to Gabe and bent his ear about reaching a long held dream of mine. Finding and buying my slice of Texas dirt and building a casa on Rancho Dachshund.
It didn’t take him but a few minutes to work out a potential plan that now puts that dream within reach. I honestly had begun to think that as I became a member of that august group ( Old Farts Club) that I might not see that become a reality. I look forward to working with him to make that happen.

Gabe , I think you are a gentleman and a scholar, no matter what others on here might say.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dances with Dachshunds said:

Just talked to Gabe and bent his ear about reaching a long held dream of mine. Finding and buying my slice of Texas dirt and building a casa on Rancho Dachshund.
It didn’t take him but a few minutes to work out a potential plan that now puts that dream within reach. I honestly had begun to think that as I became a member of that august group ( Old Farts Club) that I might not see that become a reality. I look forward to working with him to make that happen.

Gabe , I think you are a gentleman and a scholar, no matter what others on here might say.

Hook’em!

Very kind.  Thanks

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Horns Official] Mortgage Provider - Market Advantage 832-557-1095
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic