[Game Thread] Longhorns @ Razorbacks in Fayettnam

immamac

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Exactly, it’s all about the offensive and defensive line play.  A serious question to all of you that follow our players really closely.  Who on our offensive or defensive lines will be playing in the NFL?  Not starting in the NFL but maybe 3rd string on the Bengals roster type of player?  I don’t see any talent on either line and until we start getting good players it don’t matter who our coaches are.  Oh, and not saying Sark doesn’t deserve blame but Saban couldn’t coach those players to be good either.  He would take all their scholarships away over time as he replaced them with better players.

Yep.  That’s pretty much it.  When it comes to line play, perhaps Texas HS football has more than proved it isn’t the cream of the crop

12 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Respectfully, and I mean that sincerely, yes it is.  It is a very bad offensive line.  Arkansas was destroying it with 3 man rushes throughout the night.  Bijan was getting hit in the face before Card let go of the football.  

And this comment is incredible given how Sarkisian has been pumped up since his hire.

No the players aren’t as bad as you think.  They’re being put into a situation that does not allow them to succeed. They could be better as a unit running a different scheme. The current scheme is doomed to fail based on their abilities. 

So glad I canceled going at the last minute.  BUt y'all get home safe.  

This was squarely on offense, defense, and coaching.  Special teams was okay, I suppose.  

It's time after going on 12 years in the wilderness that you can't be an elite program picking up the 4th or 5th best recruiting class just in the state of Texas.  Either pickup higher level recruits in Texas, compliment what you are picking up in Texas with other kids from other states (that's what Gaetz said), or get better coaching.  The current formula just doesn't fucking work.

We're gonna pay $2.0mm+ for every victory from here on out just as we have for the last decade.  That's just how it is, hardware don't mean shit here.  

But like I said, get home safe y'all.  Let's look forward to a Cheez-It Bowl.  Nope, I'm not kidding, do your research.  That's where we're headed in the conference bowl pecking order at 8-4.  

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What seems to be fascinating is that I think we have had three head coaches in a row that are actually shocked by how bad their OL is.  I guess when all you can do is play your own team, you get into a do-loop of they're ok.  But it seems like experienced head coaches would realize that their lines are shit and do something about it, whether it's transfers, jucos, or some kind of scheme.

Agreed.

16 minutes ago, texans_suck_arkansans_cock said:

nah we beat yalls ass in 2014 too. y’all only scored 7 points, remember? has texas beat arkansas a single time this decade? 

What’s wild about this particular poster is that Arkansas hasn’t won a title since 1964. Which means your only glory comes from rando wins of teams that are relevant and ranked. You literally are herpes, always there but randomly flare up. For 57 years lol. The consistency it takes to be a piece of shit virus that hangs on as long as y’all have…is actually kind of inspiring. Regardless of that tho…I actually kinda hope aggy skull fucks you then makes you clean up the mess. It would be fitting. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So glad I canceled going at the last minute.  BUt y'all get home safe.  

This was squarely on offense, defense, and coaching.  Special teams was okay, I suppose.  

It's time after going on 12 years in the wilderness that you can't be an elite program picking up the 4th or 5th best recruiting class just in the state of Texas.  Either pickup higher level recruits in Texas, compliment what you are picking up in Texas with other kids from other states (that's what Gaetz said), or get better coaching.  The current formula just doesn't fucking work.

We're gonna pay $2.0mm+ for every victory from here on out just as we have for the last decade.  That's just how it is, hardware don't mean shit here.  

But like I said, get home safe y'all.  Let's look forward to a Cheez-It Bowl.  Nope, I'm not kidding, do your research.  That's where we're headed in the conference bowl pecking order at 8-4.  

Did you forget Dicker missing a fg and then dropping a snap on a punt that led to a block?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

Did you forget Dicker missing a fg and then dropping a snap on a punt that led to a block?

I'm trying to look on the bright side man.  

Here's to feeling good........all the time! 

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Dicker is the worst “established” kicker we’ve had in my lifetime…excepting only the occasional passer-through stopgap failures.

He needs to be excused from the team.

Wow, another "hot take" from you. If you didn't have so much rep, I might think you were a troll. He was bad tonight though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Respectfully, and I mean that sincerely, yes it is.  It is a very bad offensive line.  Arkansas was destroying it with 3 man rushes throughout the night.  Bijan was getting hit in the face before Card let go of the football.  
And this comment is incredible given how Sarkisian has been pumped up since his hire.

Maybe it is a very bad offensive line. Arkansas dared us to throw. We didn’t.

Coaches are dumb shits. We forced the run. We are not good enough to force the run. Second half. Positive run on 1st. Lost 3 on 2nd. Throw short on 3rd. The loss was damn near 100% on the play call because Okafor has to run further than the LBer making the play. Unrealistic.

The 4th down Bijan run. We had a rather tight bunch formation to the right. Are we running that way? Hell no. So the Pigs sell out to their right.

Our two opening possessions we did exactly what the Pigs wanted us to do. Advantage them.

Roschon on got 1 touch in the run game. I don’t remember any isolation for Bijan in the passing game.

Not only was the game plan atrocious but the play calling was too.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Coaches are dumb shits. We forced the run. We are not good enough to force the run. Second half. Positive run on 1st. Lost 3 on 2nd. Throw short on 3rd. The loss was damn near 100% on the play call because Okafor has to run further than the LBer making the play. Unrealistic.

The 4th down Bijan run. We had a rather tight bunch formation to the right. Are we running that way? Hell no. So the Pigs sell out to their right.

Our two opening possessions we did exactly what the Pigs wanted us to do. Advantage them.

Roschon on got 1 touch in the run game. I don’t remember any isolation for Bijan in the passing game.

User name checks out

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Bingo bingo bingo. 

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well…..that was a wretched experience. So, now we’re doing this to ourselves, because we deserve to suffer:

9f99c1e8a617f2a629d4c9c65f10bd9f.jpg
0ddfcfb785bc4f0848dc74c6e5e47add.jpg

Did my friend try to order a jack and Pepsi, and they’re out of Pepsi? Yes. He asks shit, what kinda wine you got - bartender: “nuthin’ good, I ain’t gonna lie to you.” So, jack and Diet Pepsi it is.

Is that the one at Mopac and 290?

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

You sound like you could use a few more cupcakes on your schedule. Now get lost, dipshit 

What?  You can't take it?  Big bad meanies like you?    Once you join the big dogs it won't just be Oklahoma kicking your asses. 

You Can't Handle the Truth | Know Your Meme

• Fuck You 12

5 minutes ago, DJ DJ said:

You guys aren't going to be in the BIG 12,10, 9, 3.14 (whatever it is). 

You're going to be in SEC.  You know. The big boys, where you have no power to manipulate anyone.  You'll just be another turd in the toilet bowl.  

Enjoy

We’ve had our down years and may will continue. You on the other hand will NEVER sniff so much as a conference championship. Sleep on that.

40 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

What’s wild about this particular poster is that Arkansas hasn’t won a title since 1964. Which means your only glory comes from rando wins of teams that are relevant and ranked. You literally are herpes, always there but randomly flare up. For 57 years lol. The consistency it takes to be a piece of shit virus that hangs on as long as y’all have…is actually kind of inspiring. Regardless of that tho…I actually kinda hope aggy skull fucks you then makes you clean up the mess. It would be fitting. 

That’s what makes beating your team so special. You believe that you are better than you. Right now, you are below Rice. So where does that rank you in the great state of Texas?  Thanks for making our season memorable. 🐗

• Fuck You 14