SFA @ Texas Tech

The Ace of Aces

13 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

That was brutal with a capital Brute.

An interesting side note — SFA’s HC, Colby Carthel’s father in law was a high school coach of mine. Two of my teammates and I visited the hospital a few hours after his wife was born between two-a-day practices

C/S/B

Carthel is the real deal.  He’ll be a P5 coach in a few years. 

20 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

That was brutal with a capital Brute.

An interesting side note — SFA’s HC, Colby Carthel’s father in law was a high school coach of mine. Two of my teammates and I visited the hospital a few hours after his wife was born between two-a-day practices

C/S/B

Had a buddy when I was at Tech for undergrad in the early 90s who was from Floydada. Cool dude whose name now escapes me.

Edited by bolverk
You're fucking old. I'm getting there.

Had a buddy when I was at Tech for undergrad in the early 90s who was from Floydada. Cool dude whose name now escapes me.

The Carthel’s are mostly from the Greater Lockney/Akin/Floydada metropolitan area.

Colby is a great coach, but he has been rumored to do some shady stuff to “acquire talent”.

That may keep him from getting a P5 gig. And even if he took over at Tech or Vandy or Kansas or Arizona, he may not be able to use the same tactics to “acquire talent”

3 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

The Carthel’s are mostly from the Greater Lockney/Akin/Floydada metropolitan area.

Colby is a great coach, but he has been rumored to do some shady stuff to “acquire talent”.

That may keep him from getting a P5 gig. And even if he took over at Tech or Vandy or Kansas or Arizona, he may not be able to use the same tactics to “acquire talent”

With NIL, paying players to "acquire talent" is okay now, so not so shady in this new era of semi-pro college football. If you're talking extrajudicial shady, I'm listening because this could get interesting.

With NIL, paying players to "acquire talent" is okay now, so not so shady in this new era of semi-pro college football. If you're talking extrajudicial shady, I'm listening because this could get interesting.

I think that his issues are more under the loosening of academic and behavioral standards, so I don’t think the NIL comes into play. But what the hell do I know. I’ve just heard stuff. He may be cleaner than advertised.

He’s has a lot of success early in his career and you know that Hata’s gonna hate
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I think that his issues are more under the loosening of academic and behavioral standards, so I don’t think the NIL comes into play. But what the hell do I know. I’ve just heard stuff. He may be cleaner than advertised.

He’s has a lot of success early in his career and you know that Hata’s gonna hate

His SFA recruiting is on the up and up. No real dodgy characters, and actually less than previous SFA coaches. 

He might get some shady qualifier guys but every coach does that. It’s a compliance issue at that point. 

• Like 1