The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

29 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What is MSRP on the Nautilus 5711?  Isn't it around $40k?

Well, they don't make the blue one anymore, so they are getting about 100k or so resale right now. But some joker is trying to sell an unworn one for 600k plus

Just now, G650 said:

Well, they don't make the blue one anymore, so they are getting about 100k or so resale right now. But some joker is trying to sell an unworn one for 600k plus

They stopped making the blue one?  Damn, wanted to pick one of those up some day.  That's the only PP I would buy and wear.

amazingly enough, I got it at MSRP, in person, at Ben Bridge in the domain on Saturday. Somebody was supposed to buy it and flaked, so they put it on the shelf and it made it a day. So I put a hundo down to think about it, and picked it up yesterday afternoon, 
bad pic, but this is what I sent my friend, wheel badge for color reference. 
243107978_1818537285000846_8741281506774769913_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_aid=0&_nc_ohc=JhoiHvZcm7gAX9n_lxV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=e5fc55c0d7c0aace7c2f1205026971f0&oe=61835929

Welcome to the club. Love my Pelagos
  • Hook 'Em 1

US Marshals must have had a hell of a seizure.  The company in Pflugerville that handles their auctions (also did the Madoff auctions for them) has an auction going with probably more than 20 watches going over $10K right now (a lot of blinged out Rolex) including two Richard Mille that are at $211K and $227K respectively.

Edited by Catpfish

1 hour ago, Catpfish said:

US Marshals must have had a hell of a seizure.  The company in Pflugerville that handles their auctions (also did the Madoff auctions for them) has an auction going with probably more than 20 watches going over $10K right now (a lot of blinged out Rolex) including two Richard Mille that are at $211K and $227K respectively.

Must have. Most of the Rolex's are going at or near market rate.  If they had more info posted on those daytonas might be able to trip into a gem there depending which iteration they are.

2 hours ago, Catpfish said:

No damn link?

13 hours ago, G650 said:

No damn link?

https://www.txauction.com/

13 hours ago, G650 said:

Anyone have a good recommendation for custom croc straps? I picked up a 1950s Vacheron at auction and it definitely needs a different strap.

https://kronopassion.com/watch-brands/

Will run you about $500-600 for a VC OEM tobacco croc strap.

18 hours ago, davidg said:

I was wondering which rapper got his shit confiscated by the US Marshall and then came upon this lovely piece.

A quick search returned YNW Melly whose is currently awaiting two counts of murder in a Florida jail and is also suspected in the shooting death of a 2017 deputy sheriff.

1eb4cdbfe4c4316fc119b532659972e9

Ah. The genius who killed his friend, then made a hit rap about it, which eventually got him caught.   

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

How big are your wrists? Those aren’t small watches 

Not huge, I just prefer bigger watches.  Not a lot bigger, just slightly bigger.  I was dead set that I was going to buy a green Milgauss a few years ago.  Tried one on and didn't like the fit.  I ended up with a Datejust 41 instead.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Not huge, I just prefer bigger watches.  Not a lot bigger, just slightly bigger.  I was dead set that I was going to buy a green Milgauss a few years ago.  Tried one on and didn't like the fit.  I ended up with a Datejust 41 instead.  

The AT is 41 which I feel like would be fine for me.  Honestly I have never tried one on.  I've tried the PO (doesnt work for me) and the Seamaster 300 (loved it).  

I mostly wear a Pelagos which is slightly larger.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a winder they're in love with?  I ordered this one about 16 months ago and it's already falling apart. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SPZZ15R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5XEXC3CJJCPY6NDXAGYD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would like to have at least 3 winding.  The storage for the others (quartz / digital) is a huge plus for me as well.  

• Like 1

I can't vouch for these but I'm thinking about getting one. Apparently based in Austin.

Saw it on the Gorilla Watches website. The guys who started Gorilla both came from AP, so hopefully they aren't promoting complete shit. Pricing seems to be mid range Wolf. 3 watch winder is 899.

https://juvoluxury.com/products/juvo-a3

Review from a few years ago is very positive.
https://wornandwound.com/hands-juvo-a4-watch-winder/

They look very nice and are apparently well built.

Also, pretty sure I posted a review of my Gorilla watch previously, but I really like it. Very unique design. I dig squarish watches It's quite large but wears very comfortable. I have 7.5" wrists and while it doesn't overhang it isn't far off. Love the auto-themed hour markers actually being the minutes up to 60 like a speedometer.

Absolutely has a presence and will get comments.

Mine is the Fastback Galaxy Blue. They have released quite a few new options since I got this one. The Wandering hours versions are definitely something I'd consider in the future. Such a cool complication.

Also has a great website that you can easily select the watch and rotate through strap options.

f8021b838541d22eee393e0671a4622d.jpg

On 11/8/2021 at 1:14 PM, bigshark88 said:

Anyone have a winder they're in love with?  I ordered this one about 16 months ago and it's already falling apart. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SPZZ15R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5XEXC3CJJCPY6NDXAGYD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would like to have at least 3 winding.  The storage for the others (quartz / digital) is a huge plus for me as well.  

My favorite of the cheap options is the Triple Tree 4 watch winder on Amazon.  Sub $200.

• Like 1

I recently had a very nice watch stolen. Details aren’t important but it fucking sucks (stolen out of a car). I’m working with my insurers and have reported the incident to police - I’ve also had a jeweler contact post on the local and national Jewelers Helping Jewelers Facebook pages. 

How else would y’all go about trying to recover? Are any of the watch databases like this one legit? I am fucking sick right now. 

https://www.thewatchregister.com

• Rage+1 4

On 11/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, Planet Houston said:

I recently had a very nice watch stolen. Details aren’t important but it fucking sucks (stolen out of a car). I’m working with my insurers and have reported the incident to police - I’ve also had a jeweler contact post on the local and national Jewelers Helping Jewelers Facebook pages. 

How else would y’all go about trying to recover? Are any of the watch databases like this one legit? I am fucking sick right now. 

https://www.thewatchregister.com

Honestly - your best bet is going to be checking ebay for a listing or call every pawn broker in a 50 mile radius.

Ming blasted another email to existing customers for yet another new model, with a brand new case design.  The existing case size and its 'signature' curved lugs is what draws me to the existing Ming...new one also seems tobe 38mm

37.05 debuts a new case family and will also be the first MING with a date function - in addition to the primary complication and another surprise or two. It remains lumious, inversive and a very wearable 38mm in diameter and is priced at CHF 4,950 with a 50% deposit required to confirm orders. Deliveries begin July 2022.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:40 PM, HoustonHorn said:

Also, pretty sure I posted a review of my Gorilla watch previously, but I really like it. Very unique design. I dig squarish watches It's quite large but wears very comfortable. I have 7.5" wrists and while it doesn't overhang it isn't far off. Love the auto-themed hour markers actually being the minutes up to 60 like a speedometer.

Absolutely has a presence and will get comments.

Mine is the Fastback Galaxy Blue. They have released quite a few new options since I got this one. The Wandering hours versions are definitely something I'd consider in the future. Such a cool complication.

Also has a great website that you can easily select the watch and rotate through strap options.

f8021b838541d22eee393e0671a4622d.jpg

Good fucking lord.  The shit some of y'all will put on your wrist amazes me.