The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

Omega and Swatch team up to make the MoonSwatch, releasing at selected Swatch stores this Sat (Mar26). Bioceramic case (plastic with ceramic powder, probably), 11 different editions incl. one per planet, price est $260, rumor is limit two per buyer. I think they nailed it and this thing'll sell like crazy.

https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch.html

Family photo screenshot:

539336135_omegaswatchmoonswatch.thumb.JPG.4a0dd3eb9efc0e715cf32f9eb235eb77.JPG

Edited by Sam Lin
  • Hook 'Em 2

Saw that release....pretty cool design for being in their biocermaic material.  I wasn't sure how I felt...but I realize what they are trying to do.  They are definitely trying to target more people (younger also) that will maybe buy this and spring for the real deal later.  Making something so iconic available to masses is good.  Omega has never been worried about releasing too many Speedy models/variants. It works for them.

Might have to go see em in person.   

This one is interesting ("Mission to Earth"...boring mission):

https://timeandtidewatches.com/omega-and-swatch-blast-off-together-on-the-bioceramic-moonswatch/

BioCeramic MoonSwatch

Earth.png

image00003-scaled-e1648045719130.jpeg

image00004-scaled-e1648045220432.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

eBay has a bunch for a grand and up already. Well done Swatch

That sucks.  At $250 it would’ve been a no brainer for a new casual watch that I really don’t give a shit if it takes a few dings.  Hopefully the newness wears off and I’ll be able to pick up one for retail.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

no online, bummer..would buy a few

Swatch instagram says will be available online at a later date.   Called Houston Swatch a few times today w no answer lol, I’m sure they are tired of it already. 

42803F39-F36D-4BFE-93AD-37740F1AD61C.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'll stop by Saturday my and see if it's crazy. I'll definitely get 2 if it's not. A friend wants one who is in California and I'll probably give the other to my wife. I think the jupiter one is cool, as is Mars. But I'll give her the uranus. Doubt I'll get in though... I'm sure it's going to be absolutely nuts.

I’m a strap newbie.  Are most straps pretty much plug and play if you buy a tool or two?  Not nuts about the Velcro thing the Omega/Swatch thing has on it.
It takes a little practice but it isn't too hard to get the hang of. Watch a YouTube video. And always go from the under side of the watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

I'll stop by Saturday my and see if it's crazy. I'll definitely get 2 if it's not. A friend wants one who is in California and I'll probably give the other to my wife. I think the jupiter one is cool, as is Mars. But I'll give her the uranus. Doubt I'll get in though... I'm sure it's going to be absolutely nuts.

Might see you there. I gotta head to REI anyway so may stop by Galleria early.  Reading watchuseek threads (there are tons lol) some have been told by their local US store have said they will open few hours early. But many are confused how some will do that if in a mall, and a few US stores are only inside the airport. NY has 5 stores.  Also some have “heard” only 100 per mission model in each store and limit per two has been confirmed a lot. I hate campers but figure some will try to…but It would have to be outside the Galleria. 

13 hours ago, brown water said:

F11B839E-AC4E-4D03-9A7D-9FC77791E3B4.png

77841E55-21A1-4FAF-A77F-8CA0AF5C245C.png

I would neg you for associating the sexiest watch of the bunch with aggy, but you cook a good steak so you get a pass.  Also, I’m on Team Pluto is a Planet, and this will be a good way to show my support for that cause once the initial frenzy subsides.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Call #1 to swatch store, straight to voice mail 

Left a msg yesterday after 5 attempts lol. Today straight to vm also. 

Found a Reddit about the release for Houston Swatch. Peeps talking about getting there at 3am lol. Driving in from around state. Something about waiting outside in line by Nordstroms.  Some claim they got info from the store had a yard everyone says something different  

Was in Paris last week and went into the Tudor store on the Champs-Élysées and walked out with this baby 😉

PXL_20220314_145048575.thumb.jpg.d3ca780e5ceb5f81bda022e70b88de8e.jpg

Edit: I cannot lie. That watch pictured didn't even have a real movement, for display purposes only. The wait list was so long they wouldn't even let me put my name on the list. But the Paris part was factual. C'est la vie. 

Edited by dieucla98
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Getting only 1 kinda stalls my decision to go...because I know I want 2 (1 for wife), so may as well wait until online....wondering if the release day version may have something extra you wont get later online  

How shitty if only 100 watches per store. Were they worried these wouldn't be a hit?

Houston info from a huge watchuseek thread below -someone told only 75 in stock lol. That blows especially when there are 11 models. Wtf. Why would you limit your rev stream that day to $19,500 off that inventory.  They cool make so much more….I guess a limited stock tease is what they want to drive up demand. 

They also mentioned Melbourne having a line 1/2 mile long. Hopefully Swatch employees hand out numbers to people in line for access based on inventory, so others can leave the line and not waste time.

67A11C60-46A2-401D-B8BE-79CE8911A670.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05