The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

Citizen's attempt to make a Grand Seiko rival. 

The case is  beautifully retro.  The hands and dials are clearly GS.  The textured dial invokes what Lange might do but taken to extremes. 

I'm not in love with the bracelet though.  Enough to not want to buy it new (its GS-priced) but I'll take a stab at a used one if I run by them.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/03/citizen-calibre-0200-review.html

citizen-caliber-0200-5.jpg

citizen-caliber-0200-wrist-shot-2.jpg

citizen-caliber-0200-wrist-shot-4.jpg

My wife won this watch in a sales contest at her job.

https://www.reeds.com/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-5-automatic-silver-dial-stainless-steel-watch-wbn2111-ba0639-plu20192373.html?CAWELAID=120073160000350593&gclid=CjwKCAjwx7GYBhB7EiwA0d8oe_ZQoOfXHlqXJmhHHyf-bgYOzJ7yUCOW3bNBHiM54oNcmUkWgDwOLxoCC0sQAvD_BwE

39MM

If anyone has any interest it is brand new in box with all papers.  I would sell it for around $2k or make an offer.  

Back in the game for real now - my first nice watch was a Sinn 857. Sold it along with all of my watch collection over the years. Figured the 857 was a good place to start my collection back up. Limited edition version for Lufthansa 777 cargo pilots and a few dealers (777 pieces):

messages_0.thumb.jpeg.5bca30d3d2c7dbf3d6ed40c8d96e9553.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Deets?

Dude in Canada said he wired me cash for a Rolex and he was super paranoid that I wouldn't ship him the watch. He made a big stink about shipping as soon as he showed me receipt of the wire so I caved and shipped it before the money showed up. As expected, cash never showed up. I'm an idiot. I didn't even tell anyone about it I was so embarrassed and just liquidated my watch collection to wash the feeling away.

Oddly enough, years later the guy reached out and said he wanted to make up for all his past deeds and ended up wiring me the money. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Oddly enough, years later the guy reached out and said he wanted to make up for all his past deeds and ended up wiring me the money. 

Sounds like a 12 stepper making amends. Good for him!

13 hours ago, texhorn said:

I’m liking it so far. Get another strap as the one that comes with it is terrible.

You think? My daughter got me a Mission to Earth (at the Swatch store in the Louvre mall of all places) and I honestly don’t hate it. It’s well paired with the watch. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

Dude in Canada said he wired me cash for a Rolex and he was super paranoid that I wouldn't ship him the watch. He made a big stink about shipping as soon as he showed me receipt of the wire so I caved and shipped it before the money showed up. As expected, cash never showed up. I'm an idiot. I didn't even tell anyone about it I was so embarrassed and just liquidated my watch collection to wash the feeling away.

Surprising good ending to that story. 

Did you charge him accrued interest?

Edited by 52-80

For those interested in the GPHG Finalists, I added a complete list at the link:

https://bespokenlounge.watch/board/topic/83-gphg-finalists/#comment-187

Discussion here:

https://bespokenlounge.watch/board/topic/82-gphg-2022/#comment-188

One of my favorites is the crowd-designed/built Lyrique Etude No1. But there are a lot of really great nominees and beautiful watches.

image.thumb.png.d8c483ce786816402c0f0de8701350e8.png

On 8/31/2022 at 9:42 AM, dieucla98 said:

B8C413A6-13AF-4DCA-80C1-04DC4A1E88BC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5th anniversary coming up in January and wife wants to buy me a watch.

debating between the omega speedy pro (moonwatch) or the iwc portugieser chrono with the blue dial.

i already have a sinn 104 (black dial), sinn 356 (copper), and nomos tangomat (white).

thoughts? leaning towards the iwc port since that's been one I've wanted forever. any recs on where to pick up one? is there even much of a price difference between the boutiques in austin/dallas/houston (I'm in Austin)?
well, have had the portugieser chrono and love it

but now also itching for a speedy. is the 3861 speedy moonwatch still worth it for ~7k? is it crazy to have two different chronographs?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

My wife won this watch in a sales contest at her job.
https://www.reeds.com/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-5-automatic-silver-dial-stainless-steel-watch-wbn2111-ba0639-plu20192373.html?CAWELAID=120073160000350593&gclid=CjwKCAjwx7GYBhB7EiwA0d8oe_ZQoOfXHlqXJmhHHyf-bgYOzJ7yUCOW3bNBHiM54oNcmUkWgDwOLxoCC0sQAvD_BwE
39MM
If anyone has any interest it is brand new in box with all papers.  I would sell it for around $2k or make an offer.  

Same color as in the link?

On 9/27/2022 at 8:33 PM, Chewbacca said:

That's the one i want. But i refuse to pay secondary prices so I'll probably never get one.

You could always let an AD sleep with your wife.  Pics needed though. :)  Seriously, it's a little ridiculous but it is what it is.  Could say the same thing about a lot of things these days.   

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

You could always let an AD sleep with your wife.  Pics needed though. :)  Seriously, it's a little ridiculous but it is what it is.  Could say the same thing about a lot of things these days.   

Enjoy it!  I just have a mental block on paying secondary for just about anything.  Bourbon, watches, huge markups on cars, etc.  I just won't do it.  Same reason I'll never have a Porsche GT3.

• Hook 'Em 1

Finally got my hands on a Seamaster Spectre LE. It arrived today on international Bond Day (had no idea lol). 

Selling my other Seamaster 300 in photos. I've owned it about 5 years now. Babied it in my rotation.  I would normally sell it before a new buy, but the "too good of a deal sale" on the Spectre popped up and had to pull the trigger. 

8553B040-C4C5-4FAE-A0F2-DA8DE311A35A.thumb.jpeg.aee00b0ba15574907a953f7af62afb37.jpeg

E4A5D5A0-5091-413F-BB45-B05CC2E7578F.jpeg

146FA382-FA81-46E6-9AF5-89892AC18B7C.jpeg

5326A19E-884E-499C-8C5B-7464F5BBD51A.jpeg

A6766341-4A95-4FFB-AB48-FCBFAF04BFCB.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Finally got my hands on a Seamaster Spectre LE. It arrived today on international Bond Day (had no idea lol). 

Selling my other Seamaster 300 in photos. I've owned it about 5 years now. Babied it in my rotation.  I would normally sell it before a new buy, but the "too good of a deal sale" on the Spectre popped up and had to pull the trigger. 

8553B040-C4C5-4FAE-A0F2-DA8DE311A35A.thumb.jpeg.aee00b0ba15574907a953f7af62afb37.jpeg

E4A5D5A0-5091-413F-BB45-B05CC2E7578F.jpeg

146FA382-FA81-46E6-9AF5-89892AC18B7C.jpeg

5326A19E-884E-499C-8C5B-7464F5BBD51A.jpeg

A6766341-4A95-4FFB-AB48-FCBFAF04BFCB.jpeg

Quanto?

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone's looking for moonswatches i have a few extras i picked up in SF last week.  i have mission to earth, the sun, venus, and uranus.  $350 each, i can meet you in austin or i can ship them to you if you pay shipping.  i think it's under $10 shipped with insurance although not positive.    

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

if anyone's looking for moonswatches i have a few extras i picked up in SF last week.  i have mission to earth, the sun, venus, and uranus.  $350 each, i can meet you in austin or i can ship them to you if you pay shipping.  i think it's under $10 shipped with insurance although not positive.    

I’m not cool enough to pull any of those colors off but props to you for do that for surly.