Same shit, same results

Spankytoes

Just now, hookem48 said:

Sark doesn't want his qb running, he has said it a million times, he wants his offense run. Thompson looked better because he took off running immediately a couple times and it was also garbage time.  I think you're going to be worried.

That would be dumb, not just in the era of running quarterbacks, but at a school where a running quarterback cleared the mountain top just prior to steady program decline.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Sark doesn't want his qb running, he has said it a million times, he wants his offense run. Thompson looked better because he took off running immediately a couple times and it was also garbage time.  I think you're going to be worried.

Offense ain't running if the O line is on roller skates and receivers are dropping balls. Yards are yards and TDs are TDs, at that point. One QB does that, the other doesn't.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Can one of you fuckers in Austin go down to the stadium and kill a live chicken or something to break this curse?  It’s obvious Mack cursed this team going out and its time to break it.  

Maybe having an aggy owning a longhorn board is a curse 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Eastwood said:

Offense ain't running if the O line is on roller skates and receivers are dropping balls. Yards are yards and TDs are TDs, at that point. One QB does that, the other doesn't.

Yeah Mac Jones and Tua are Heisman candidates when Day 1 and Day 2 picks are all over the offensive line.

I can only imagine how dreadful they would look with our turnstiles blocking for them.

We forget how outside the norm VY was attitude wise for Texas. It will take another QB or leader like that to turn this thing around. It’s incredible how easily these guys believe any little positive press they get and how much losing doesn’t really eat at them.

Just now, David Dennison said:

I love overreactions.

We got our shit handed to us in a coach's second game.

It sucks, but let's reassess in December.

I don't need to Sark proved he is insane by very definition by continually trotting Card out there until we were buttfucked beyond repair and recognition.

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

I don't need to Sark proved he is insane by very definition by continually trotting Card out there until we were buttfucked beyond repair and recognition.

It happens. 

Mack Brown got buttfucked repeatedly in Dallas starting in 2000.

That worked out OK.

This is Steve Sarkisian's second game. Freak out in December.

Ill say this, I believe our next 2, 3, or however many years need to be 100% dedicated to getting ready for the SEC. Even if it means sacrificing wins in Big 12 + 4 - 2 or whatever. Fuck it, let OU win it. We need to study tf outta this game & our two inevitable ass whooping by Bama next two seasons & figure this shit out. 

This is all hilarious that everyone is making this about the offense when the defense literally gave up over 300 yards on the ground tonight.  You will not beat ANYONE doing that.  The offense was definitely horrible too but holy shit the defense was non existent.   Especially in the 2nd half.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Ill say this, I believe our next 2, 3, or however many years need to be 100% dedicated to getting ready for the SEC. Even if it means sacrificing wins in Big 12 + 4 - 2 or whatever. Fuck it, let OU win it. We need to study tf outta this game & our two inevitable ass whooping by Bama next two seasons & figure this shit out. 

How exactly will losing games prepare us better than winning them?

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That worked out OK.

Brown got buttfucked by a team that won five straight conference championships.

We got buttfucked by a team that's won three conference games in three years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Apex73 said:

This is all hilarious that everyone is making this about the offense when the defense literally gave up over 300 yards on the ground tonight.  You will not beat ANYONE doing that.  The offense was definitely horrible too but holy shit the defense was non existent.   Especially in the 2nd half.

I don’t know if anyone’s taking sides.  The OL performance was pathetic…….and so was the defense

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It happens. 

That worked out OK.

This is Steve Sarkisian's second game. Freak out in December.

Those ou teams were actually good though. This is a shitty arky team that struggled for 3.5 quarters against rice. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't watch the practices but all the smart money said Card was clearly better than Thompson...I never bought it -- you play the guy with experience unless he has demonstrated that he sucks on the field. Thompson had done the fucking opposite -- he was electric. 

With a suspect OL, you play the experienced QB who can make plays with his legs.

This should be obvious, but isn't for some dumbass reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Jett Bush playing bullshit needs to stop. Got brutalized on every play.

If Jones is getting whipped on every play, Karic needs to come in.

Sark much like Herman thinks he’s has MUCH more time than he actually has. Hopefully a nonstop stream of shit this week willl wake him up. 

This happens in every rebuild. Coaches get way too cute, play the good boys instead of the dogs because of practice habits/culture building. Bush playing instead of Collins is a crime. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You dumbasses saying this was as bad as Strong-era football clearly don’t remember the 2015 Notre Dame or TCU games just to name a couple. This was bad, yes, but it’s hardly as bad as Strong-coached teams. If this happens multiple times this season and we finish 8-4 or worse, then I’ll start to panic. But as of now it was a shitty night and we could still have a solid season. A lot of us put high expectations on the team and are having extreme reactions. I get it. But we still have a lot of football left to play.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Jett Bush playing bullshit needs to stop. Got brutalized on every play.

If Jones is getting whipped on every play, Karic needs to come in.

Sark much like Herman thinks he’s has MUCH more time than he actually has. Hopefully a nonstop stream of shit this week willl wake him up. 

This happens in every rebuild. Coaches get way too cute, play the good boys instead of the dogs because of practice habits/culture building. Bush playing instead of Collins is a crime. 

Karic should be starting at one of the T spots, bc he's a fucking dog.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Let OU win it?   I'm sure they will breath easy when they hear that.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Mack Brown lost to plenty of not very good teams in his first few years.

That’s because he is not a great coach.  He was a good coach and a great recruiter.  He lost games throughout his entire time at Texas that he shouldn’t have lost based on the talent he had on his team versus the opponent.  He could have won many of those games he lost if he didn’t have Greg Davis and the crap D Coordinators he kept surrounding himself with.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

You dumbasses saying this was as bad as Strong-era football clearly don’t remember the 2015 Notre Dame or TCU games just to name a couple. This was bad, yes, but it’s hardly as bad as Strong-coached teams. If this happens multiple times this season and we finish 8-4 or worse, then I’ll start to panic. But as of now it was a shitty night and we could still have a solid season. A lot of us put high expectations on the team and are having extreme reactions. I get it. But we still have a lot of football left to play.

Think they win 8? I wish I shared your optimism. I see 7, at best. 

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That’s because he is not a great coach.  He was a good coach and a great recruiter.  He lost games throughout his entire time at Texas that he shouldn’t have lost based on the talent he had on his team versus the opponent.  He could have won many of those games he lost if he didn’t have Greg Davis and the crap D Coordinators he kept surrounding himself with.  

We're Texas. This is what we do.

43 minutes ago, naija said:

We forget how outside the norm VY was attitude wise for Texas. It will take another QB or leader like that to turn this thing around. It’s incredible how easily these guys believe any little positive press they get and how much losing doesn’t really eat at them.

And guys like Sendlein and Studdard on the o line. Mean, nasty motherfuckers. These guys are pampered pussies. 

14 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Shouldn't have hired Sark then, he's going to run his offense.

No matter how anyone tries to rewrite history in the aftermath, Sark was a Plan B hire.  Plan A was Urban Meyer.  The athletic department swung for the fences and missed (and I give them credit for trying because previous administrations kept parroting that bullshit that “The coach doesn’t make Texas, Texas makes the coach”).  

41 minutes ago, Apex73 said:

See, we played a complete game on both sides of the ball! Consistency is awesome.