What, no Joe Manchin thread?

Bullneck

On the reconciliation, he will fight for continuation of special taxation laws for the ultra-wealthy (none of you - don't be silly. seriously. The whole 400K income is just to get the upper middle class people riled up (it works)). The wealthy have no problem as long as their spice keeps flowing. Manchin is there to deliver.

He will accept close to $3T once that is accomplished. As will every other Democrat (and a few Repubs wanting to claim victory for the ultrawealthy). 

Politics is grotesque. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This was known as least 4 years ago

Everyone knew about her price gouging back then. It's a rehash and a reminder of who he works for in the Senate. 

West Virginians could use some help. He's working to eliminate efforts for increased taxation on the ultra-wealthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This was known as least 4 years ago

Just to be clear: I searched for an existing Joe Manchin thread.  Couldn't find one so I started one.

As for the daughter, her antics are already on her Wiki page.  So I was aware the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

28 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

From an economics perspective, now is not the time to raise taxes on anyone - including the ultrawealthy. This would be an honest position for him to take (and may be the correct economic answer, as well).

Just another politician. 

Dog What GIF by TikTok

This is definitely through me for a loop reading this from you.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Xian said:

Man, this generation of politicians have some shady fucking kids.   
this lady, hunter, trump’s cretins. 

i long to go back to the days of Chelsea being a nerd and the bush twins drinking underage on dirty sixth. 

Didn't the Bush twins get busted for underage drinking at Chueys?

On 9/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, washparkhorn said:

On the reconciliation, he will fight for continuation of special taxation laws for the ultra-wealthy (none of you - don't be silly. seriously. The whole 400K income is just to get the upper middle class people riled up (it works)). The wealthy have no problem as long as their spice keeps flowing. Manchin is there to deliver.

He will accept close to $3T once that is accomplished. As will every other Democrat (and a few Repubs wanting to claim victory for the ultrawealthy). 

Politics is grotesque. 

Speak for yourself bro.  Not that I want his help.  Zero kids.  Zero fucks.  Tax it all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Speak for yourself bro.  Not that I want his help.  Zero kids.  Zero fucks.  Tax it all. 

AOC is working on chaps like yourself. Enjoy. I think it's working for the East Coaster Elites. YMMV in Oklahoma.

Tax-the-Rich.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by washparkhorn

Just now, washparkhorn said:

AOC is working on chaps like yourself. Enjoy.

Oh I’m enjoying.  Like I said.  Take it all. IDGAF.
AOC has the first part right - need more money to operate a govt for the masses.  As to actually being able to pull that operation off - even w proper funding…lol.  

BTW AOC has no chance in hell.  Even the most aggressive plans don’t touch real wealth over one lifetime.  It will nip at the buds of someone’s great grandkids.  Big deal.  But you all get excited as if it’s going after any real money.  Laughable.  Cool dress though…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

BTW AOC has no chance in hell.  Even the most aggressive plans don’t touch real wealth over one lifetime.  It will nip at the buds of someone’s great grandkids.  Big deal.  But you all get excited as if it’s going after any real money.  Laughable.  Cool dress though…

As I said above, given the economic headwinds, raising taxes may be ill-advised at this moment. It's leverage in the political wrangling and I doubt much of scary tax language is included in the final outcome. It's theater for the wealthy (not any of you lot, seriously) and a bargaining chip that will be tossed in the dustbin. It's a sideshow to the big bill meant to scare less-informed strivers (the modern lumpen-proletariat with too much time and money).

Spoiler

• Hook 'Em 1

It's never NOT a time to raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy because in a democratic society the ultra-wealthy, as an economic class, shouldn't exist as it ensures the inevitable cancerous spread of corruption that rots democracy from within. Space programs shouldn't be hobbies for rich guys. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's never NOT a time to raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy because in a democratic society the ultra-wealthy, as an economic class, shouldn't exist as it ensures the inevitable cancerous spread of corruption that rots democracy from within. Space programs shouldn't be hobbies for rich guys. 

The ultra wealthy often innovate and actually help the middle class on the way to getting ultra wealthy.  Tax them high and let them have their toys - the problems occur when that wealth is passed on for hundreds of years.  Let their kids start over.  So sure tax at a high rate and a REALLY high rate with inheritance - much easier said then done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The ultra wealthy often innovate and actually help the middle class on the way to getting ultra wealthy.  Tax them high and let them have their toys - the problems occur when that wealth is passed on for hundreds of years.  Let their kids start over.  So sure tax at a high rate and a REALLY high rate with inheritance - much easier said then done. 

You mean a DEATH TAX??(!!!) Also lmao that you're preaching trickle down benefits from the ultra wealthy. Fuck that noise. They don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. You don't get to multi-generational, hundred-millionare wealth without stepping on a few hundred thousand necks

Just now, Captainant said:

You mean a DEATH TAX??(!!!) Also lmao that you're preaching trickle down benefits from the ultra wealthy. Fuck that noise. They don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. You don't get to multi-generational, hundred-millionare wealth without stepping on a few hundred thousand necks

Notice how I said help the middle class - often by stepping on the lower class.  And not trickle down necessarily…

I’d love to show you exactly what we do and the exact business model and you can spell out what necks I’ve stepped on.  Shoot me a PM.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, Xian said:

Oh maybe. I just know the UT was always on sixth. She might have been officially busted somewhere else. 

either way, those were the good ol days 

Jenna got busted at Cheers’ Shot Bar on 6th. Then the 2 of them got nabbed at Chuy’s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Why won’t Manchin and Sinema say what it will take to get their support of Biden’s legislative agenda? Both are being gleefully obstreperous. 

They want to kill the raising taxes part of the bill. They suggest they might be able to get Republican moderates to join in support. 

Their constituents are wealthy citizens (human or corporation). 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

I would add a caveat to this. Don't make their kids start completely over, but do tax them more significantly upon death. Maybe sliding scale between generations, I don't know. More than we currently do now, but less than what the pitch fork crowd screams for. 

The ultra wealthy make the rules (laws) and humans are always going to be humans. Taking care of your progeny and leaving a legacy is human nature. Not going to get a big wealth tax passed if you talk in drastic measures. Do it in measured increments and I'm onboard. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This list is bullshit

- 1.5 T

- Some tax increases.

Kick off by outright cutting the bill by more than half. wonderful

- Manchin's committee would handle all the climate language.

- Means Testing out the ass.

- Extra money from taxes goes to the deficit.

- No hand outs between programs.

Fiscal Conservatism (TM) with a dash of self-dealing since he owns a coal brokerage 

- Subsidies for clean energy, will have to be paired with those for dirty energy.

More self-dealing

In essence, he wants a smaller bill passed, because then he can whittle away at the tax increases targeting his very wealthy donor base, and he wants to control the climate language and funnel subsidies to fossil fuel industries so his own apple cart doesn't get upset in addition to funneling subsidy money to himself. In addition, he's slipping in the infamous poison pill Hyde amendment. This is fucking outrageous, and hideous to see. 

• Rage+1 2

Joe is not listening to his people:

Poll shows WV voters support using tax hikes on rich, corporations, to help pay for Biden plan

A poll of 600 registered West Virginia voters found 48% support Biden’s reconciliation plan. After polled voters were given the option of raising taxes on the richest Americans and corporations, while closing the loopholes that have caused significant wealth disparities, support for the plan rose as high as 70%.

The poll was released Tuesday and was commissioned by Americans for Tax Fairness, a national nonprofit group composed of hundreds of American unions, think tanks, advocacy groups and small businesses. Phone calls to voters were made between Aug. 9 and Aug. 15, with respondents being 37% Democrat, 36% Republican and 27% Independent or other affiliation, according to the poll. Thirty percent of respondents described themselves as “very conservative,” while 6% said they were “very liberal.”

The most popular provision among respondents — 70% — was closing the loophole that allows the wealthy to avoid paying taxes on investment gains. A one-time tax on billionaires on their uninvested profits received 65% support, and a wealth tax on Americans who earn more than $50 million in one year received 64% support, according to poll results

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/politics/poll-shows-wv-voters-support-using-tax-hikes-on-rich-corporations-to-help-pay-for/article_0df66787-202a-5b5e-8eb9-f20e0cd622da.html

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

PerfumedFragrantIcelandichorse-size_rest

We've come for your daughter, Joe!

Saw this elsewhere on the internet...

A good example of the "entitlement mentality" Joe Manchin is concerned about is the time in 2007 when his shithead daughter lied about getting an MBA from WVU and then he, as governor, decided the easiest way to fix it was to pressure the university into giving her one even though she didn't complete the program.

3 hours ago, Ridingtosunset said:

Yeah...I don't know where you get that from what I wrote. But that's reality. 

Past performance is not predicative of future outcomes. Flat acceptance is the bootlicker response. As a counterpoint, I offer:

Ukrainian lawmakers pass law on oligarchs after assassination attempt

Spoiler

KYIV, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament passed a law on Thursday to order "oligarchs" to register and stay out of politics, a day after an attempt to kill a top aide to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, which officials said could have been a response to the reform.

The law provides a definition for an oligarch and gives a body headed by the president, the National Security and Defence Council, the power to determine who meets the criteria.

Oligarchs would be forbidden from financing political parties or taking part in privatisations. Top officials, including the president, prime minister and head of the central bank, would be required to declare dealings they had with them.

Zelenskiy says it is necessary to protect the country from powerful businessmen who have corrupted its political system for decades. His opponents say they fear it will be applied selectively to concentrate more power in the president's hands.

"Thanks to the anti-oligarch law, Ukraine gets a historic chance to build a civilized and clean relationship between big business and the state," Zelenskiy said in a statement.

"Yes, many politicians do not like it. Yes, they want to live as before, working for the oligarchs. Yes, there was a lot of pressure on our deputies, a lot of intrigue and even blackmail. But the law was passed."

Edited by Willfully Horn
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-parliament-passes-law-oligarchs-final-reading-2021-09-23/