2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

Golf Channel said it was a crazier atmosphere back in 1997 because the crowd was right on top of the players for the entire hole and the stadium is set back now.

Yes and now only the stands at the very back of the green are gen admin. All the suites are all super pricey corporate setups and while the folks in there will get noisy they aren’t crazy. Back in 97 it was pretty much all gen pop.

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’d guess they’re doing it all weekend just to try to get done before kickoff tomorrow. This thing always seems to end up and a playoff and wrap up after ko. 

This, they’ve been doing it for years because they don’t want to risk having to compete with the Super Bowl.  Makes going as a spectator so much better on Thursday/Friday.  10 hours of boozing and watching hot drunk chicks fall over > 6 hours of boozing and watching drunk hot chicks fall over.

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always understood that the hole is a fairly basic, nondescript par-3 but they've made it most awesome with the setup.  True?

Very true.  It’s a nothing par 3 but the set up is impressive.  They start the set up in October and I’ve played there a number of times after it’s fully erected.  It’s fun to walk through the arch onto the tee box, even when it’s empty.

19 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Faldo absolutely hates this crowd. What a douche

I'm fine with it because it's just one stop and that's what makes it special. If there were multiple courses that allowed it it would get annoying (not that they "allow" throwing beer onto the course).

• Hook 'Em 1

Koepka all over the yard off the tee -- but it still feels like he will be in the running at the end if folks don't get more strokes ahead of him going into the back nine.  Brooks has won this tournament twice before...  

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect