2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

Shit was wild. How the fuck that bounced and stayed on the wall is befuddling to even the brightest physicists. 

Then Sepp dropped and hit 3 into the bunker, and Willie is still thinking about hitting that. 

He damn near went for it. I’m sure he’s glad he didn’t, since he finally closed one out.

7 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Then Sepp dropped and hit 3 into the bunker, and Willie is still thinking about hitting that

I have a couple of thoughts while I was watching the playoff 

1 - the playoff was very Van de Velde'ish 

2 - I really suck at golf, Straka hit in the water and a bunker and (would have) made a double; I can do that and not lose a ball or go to the beach

Lots of TV talking about players moving up/down into the top 70 and making it into this weeks event.
Here is how it all sorted out:
Lucas Glover T3 moved up to 34 from 121
Adam Scott T5 moved up to 45 from 77
Adam Putnam T5 moved up to 47 from 87
Wyndam Clark T28 moved up to 70 from 79

Anirban Lahiri 71 from 63, missed cut
John Huh 73 from 67, missed cut
Brendon Todd  74 from 68, shoots +2, with +5 75 on Sunday
Matt Jones DNP from 65 (why is he on the list as he is an LIV player)

others of note:
missed by 1 shot
Lee Hodges #73 finished T13
Gary Woodland #75, finished T51 
Beau Hossler #76, finished T57
Rickie came in at 125 and finished T64, helped by his pentuple bogey 9 on Saturday's final hole. With 2 in the water and a 3 putt

15 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Why can't I find any video from today that shows someone trying to hit Will Z's shot on the 3rd playoff hole. 
Because you know guys are going to try it.

Azinger made a comment that all the club members were going to try hitting that shot on Monday. I don't think there's anywhere for that ball to go but backwards into the water.

I don’t see how you get the face of the club anywhere near the ball, other than topping the fuck out of it. I don’t think the bottom half of the ball was getting contact. 

I bet they have to fix the rock before long from all the attempts. 😂

Putter? I dunno. Still don’t think you’re going to make much from it. Best to do exactly what he did. Listen to your caddy and take the drop.

After signing a huge deal with LIV, I'm having a difficult time understanding exactly how Reed has been impacted by the criticism.  Also, won't he have to prove he didn't cheat?  This could be somewhat interesting to see what happens.  Reed is a total and complete douche like just about everyone currently on the LIV tour.  If it weren't for his Ryder Cup history, I'd have trouble finding anything good to say about him.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Masters is great but the way that it can kind of validate someone's existence gets annoying. Part of the reason I treat the majors more equally than many others do (I also think that - situationally - Augusta is the easiest to win at). 

Reed is by all accounts a shithead of a high degree but he gets to think he's minted because of 4 days of golf he played at Augusta. 

Patrick Reed hits new low with pathetic $750M lawsuit against Golf Channel and Brandel Chamblee

AP-Travelers-Championship-Golf.jpg?w=100

Former Masters champ and current LIV Golf exhibition golfer Patrick Reed is the worst, and I’m not saying this just because of the awful shirts he wears each week or the many times he’s challenged the rules of golf while being filmed by TV cameras.

I’m saying this because last night it was reported that he’s suing Golf Channel and Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee for $750 million in damages because Reed, according to the suit, feels like Chamblee has been mean to him and has hurt his career.

For real.

This is what it says in the suit, which was filed yesterday U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas Houston Division:

“(Golf Channel and Brandel Chamblee) have conspired as joint tortfeasors for and with the PGA Tour, it’s (sic) executives and it’s Commissioner Jay Monahan, to engage in a pattern and practice of defaming Mr. Reed, misreporting information with falsity and/or reckless disregard for the truth … purposely omitting pertinent key material facts to mislead the public, and actively targeting Mr. Reed since he was 23 years old to destroy his reputation, create hate, and a hostile work environment for him … ”

The suit also hilariously claims that Chamblee’s analysis has led fans to taunt Reed:

I’m gonna take a second to go out on my porch and laugh louder than I’ve ever laughed before.

Be right back.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

OK, I’m back. Man that felt good.

So this would be like if a quarterback sued a NFL Network analyst for being critical of their play. Or if a baseball player sued a MLB Network analyst for being honest about their abilities.

Those things would be the definition of pathetic. Then throw in $750 million bucks in alleged damages and yes, you can go out on my porch and have yourself a good laugh.

This Reed lawsuit is just the lamest thing in the world but not surprising at all when you see who Reed’s attorney is: a fella by the name of Larry Klayman. This guy has sued his own mom and has been a part of many other awful lawsuits in the past. Oh, and he describes himself as a “modern day John Adams in a fight for justice.” (BRB, going outside to laugh again).

This whole thing is awful and stupid and pointless and yet also hilarious. Reed, who fell in the world rankings last week after playing in an Asian Tour event (because now he finally doesn’t have to play all the time because of the LIV schedule, LOL) has never looked worse than he does this morning.

Which is saying a lot.

By: Andy Nesbitt    August 17, 2022 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2