2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

9 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Wow. Damon and Eamon talking about LIV right now, with Rex Hoggard opining, and revealing a ridiculous loophole that exists for the LIV jumpers.

The DP World Tour, aka European Tour.

Right now they are unable to enforce suspensions of players like the PGA can. So defectors to LIV can still play the euro tour at will, get WGR points, and RYDER CUP points.

It looks like this loophole may be closed, but it has to wait until February. (edit: to allow for some type of trial/hearing or something euro goofy. /edit)

Damon made the comment that the guys announcing their jump since the start aren't jumping over with their chest held high, and everybody is just slinking away, including world #2.

Interesting little tidbit, and one that may be making some things a lot more difficult for the PGA for a bit.

Yeah. remember these guys all wanted to play less golf. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Shadow event this week on the DP (fka Eurotour), like the Open Championship it means morning golf broadcasts. Golf Channel 7a-1p Thur/Fri, 7a-12;30p Sat/Sun (all times Eastern time zone)

Tee times/pairings are up - I didn't notice anything interesting (like putting LIV players with Rory)
https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/bmw-pga-championship-2022/tee-times?round=1

Hope those LIV guys can adapt to playing 4 rounds over 4 days, and starting one the first tee every round.

Shadow event this week on the DP (fka Eurotour), like the Open Championship it means morning golf broadcasts. Golf Channel 7a-1p Thur/Fri, 7a-12;30p Sat/Sun (all times Eastern time zone)
Tee times/pairings are up - I didn't notice anything interesting (like putting LIV players with Rory)
https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/bmw-pga-championship-2022/tee-times?round=1
Hope those LIV guys can adapt to playing 4 rounds over 4 days, and starting one the first tee every round.

I hope every one of them misses the cut. There has been a lot of backlash against the LIV guys this week…and I like it a lot!
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I hope every one of them misses the cut. There has been a lot of backlash against the LIV guys this week…and I like it a lot!

Yeah some DP players are getting bumped out of the BMW PGA Championship because the LIV guys playing.  One that got bumped out was a good friend of Rahm's -- these lower end DP Tour players hoping to have a shot at more money and points are getting screwed.

The LIV players that really haven't supported the European Tour in the past are the ones that should really be heckled all week.  Btw, Rahm said he has no problem with the longtime former European guys from LIV (like Sergio, Poulter, and Westwood) playing at the BMW.  

Fuck LIV golfers. They are disruptive to the PGA and DP tour. If they had their way, there would be no PGA or DP tour. But when it suits them, they want to play PGA and DP events. FUCK THAT. 

They are fucking CUNTS. The whole fucking lot of them. 

I hope they get booed on every hole.

I aint watching any of their LIV shit. Not gonna give those CUNTs the time of day.

• Hook 'Em 2

DP Tour BMW is underway on Golf Channel

List of LIV Golf players who are on the entry list for the 2023 BMW PGA Championship:

• Abraham Ancer
  • Talor Gooch
  • Patrick Reed
  • Lee Westwood
  • Sergio Garcia
  • Bernd Wiesberger
  • Sam Horsfield
  • Pablo Larrazabal
  • Richard Bland
  • Graeme McDowell
  • Justin Harding
  • Shaun Norris