What Advice Would You Give This Horse?

Vic Mackey

18 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

When I was 13 a horse kicked me square in the chest, knocking me out cold and stopping my heart for a minute or so.  Close to home yada yada.

A family friend of ours was kicked in the face about that same age. Bunch of surgeries and whatnot later and you can still tell.  Not a place to fafo. 

When I was 5 we were staying at my grandmother's place in El Campo.  My my two older sisters were watching me and mom told them to stay out of the pasture next door.  Of course they drag me drag me over there to pet the horse.  That fucker kicked me square in the back when I wasn't looking.  I flew what felt like a hundred.  My sisters carried me back to grandma's and pretended like nothing happened.  I didn't rat them out, but  my mom saw me in the bathtub and noticed the two giant horseshow shaped bruises on my back.  They still blame me for getting them in trouble.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When I was 5 we were staying at my grandmother's place in El Campo.  My my two older sisters were watching me and mom told them to stay out of the pasture next door.  Of course they drag me drag me over there to pet the horse.  That fucker kicked me square in the back when I wasn't looking.  I flew what felt like a hundred.  My sisters carried me back to grandma's and pretended like nothing happened.  I didn't rat them out, but  my mom saw me in the bathtub and noticed the two giant horseshow shaped bruises on my back.  They still blame me for getting them in trouble.

Is this the whole story? You sure 5 year old you didn't pull his tail or throw some shit at him first?

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Is this the whole story? You sure 5 year old you didn't pull his tail or throw some shit at him first?

It was definitely my 13 yo self's fault.  I had gentle broke this little mustang filly and she was a sweetheart.  I was brushing her tail out with a curry comb and didn't notice a few tail hairs caught in comb where the handle meets the comb and as I reached up for a new upstroke jerked them out.  I don't remember getting kicked but I do remember hearing the sound.  I had an inch tall knot the shape of a horseshoe square in my chest bone for a few weeks.