Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching the Chiefs beat the Texans in Houston in OT today brought this memory back pretty quickly. Incredible. I decided late to drive down from Austin and only caught the 2nd half and OT, but it was so worth it. I'll never forget seeing Texans fans decked out in Texans gear jumping up and down, going crazy and giving VY a standing ovation. Oh, what could have been. I'll also never forget Fuckface looking pissed off immediately and never even cracking a smile. Fuck that POS forever, with sandpaper. Oh, and that run always stood out to me as the only time I ever saw VY looking like he was running as hard as he possibly could.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

That useless bitch would rather lose than be wrong about VY and he was willing to tank it all to be “right.” DIAF. 

Imagine being the dipshit that wouldn't let the best zone read QB of all time run the zone read, and forcing him under center 90% of the time.

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

17 fucking years ago. 

Yep. Time flies...

And yeah, here we are now with mediocre-running NFL QBs running the zone read left and right because, you know, it actually CAN work in the NFL. Hmm. Who knew?

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

That's a bit revisionist thinking there...

We could all see that Greg Davis was calling shit plays, and trying to make Vince more of a thrower, instead of playing to his strengths.  Took them 2 seasons to pull their heads out of their asses on that one.

and I thought Sark did take Quinn out of a series or two late in the season.  Probably should have done it again during a few more games. 

But now I'm getting ragey thinking about non-VY things in a VY thread.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, LTtxfan said:

Just saw this on another site... 

The Horns Sound - Texas Longhorns 2005 Football Championship Highlights

What a got damn team, and what a got damn season. Just filthy throughout the lineup. Team full of aliens. That video is a pretty damn good way to spend 15 minutes. Thanks for posting.

Also loved seeing a lot of A. Ross clips I haven't seen in a long time. Dude was a fucking baller.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

Those throwback unis they were wearing against ULL in that highlight reel are the best

I wish those were our current uniforms 

Every uni they wore that season was fantastic. Love, love, love the black shoes, too.

11 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Bijan was pretty close to that. 

Bijan is a badass and apparently an awesome guy. Very cool that he’s a Horn.

A guy that makes 4th and 18, 4th and 33, 4th and 9, pump fakes an 80 yard TD run, hits Sweed on a perfect pass to finish the Ohio State win, hits Jeffrey on a perfect TD to beat KU, single-handedly gang-bangs Michigan in the Rose Bowl, and so on is on an entirely differently level than the rest of humanity. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

A guy that makes 4th and 18, 4th and 33, 4th and 9, pump fakes an 80 yard TD run, hits Sweed on a perfect pass to finish the Ohio State win, hits Jeffrey on a perfect TD to beat KU, single-handedly gang-bangs Michigan in the Rose Bowl, and so on is on an entirely differently level than the rest of humanity. 

Bijan got 20-30 touches a game. We can’t quite expect the same as Superman with 60-70 touches. Not to mention Superman himself was surrounded by bad MFs.

I’m not putting Bijan on VY’s level. I was referring mostly to the “you never knew what he was going to pull off next” part. 

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Bijan got 20-30 touches a game. We can’t quite expect the same as Superman with 60-70 touches. Not to mention Superman himself was surrounded by bad MFs.

I’m not putting Bijan on VY’s level. I was referring mostly to the “you never knew what he was going to pull off next” part. 

I’d put Jamaal Charles higher on the list than Bijan. That was a pretty long time ago, too, though.

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’d put Jamaal Charles higher on the list than Bijan. That was a pretty long time ago, too, though.

I don’t know about that. JC had truly elite speed that Bijan lacks, but Bijan makes moves that JC simply couldn’t. Ricky, likewise, possessed qualities of his own that made him better than either BR or JC, but Bijan has moves that RW didn’t. When it comes to “WOW, did I just see that?” plays, Bijan has the edge on those two guys. That doesn’t mean I think he’s better overall, it’s just elusiveness versus power or speed (both of which Bijan also has, just not at the same level).

/splitting hairs

Meanwhile, VY is awesome, like GOAT!

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Go on.

Words really fail to convey just how amazing that '05 team was. What adjective is best for a quarterback so unstoppable that the #1 ranked team refuses to punt out of fear of him with the ball one more time. Watching the Horns Sound video reminds me of what that season felt like. THANK YOU VY!

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/3/2022 at 8:07 AM, Blotto said:

This game was part of my 40th birthday party. What a great day that was.

And yeah, fuck the Texans. They would have changed the trajectory of their franchise had they drafted VY and let him do his thing. Dumbasses.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

This game was part of my 40th birthday party. What a great day that was.

And yeah, fuck the Texans. They would have changed the trajectory of their franchise had they drafted VY and let him do his thing. Dumbasses.

That pump fake was more or less right in front of where the LHF tickets were that season. A lot of people were low key, and not so low key, stressed and the Cowboy fans were yapping after every damned thing had gone their way in the first half. Cowboy fans started leaving after that run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

That pump fake was more or less right in front of where the LHF tickets were that season. A lot of people were low key, and not so low key, stressed and the Cowboy fans were yapping after every damned thing had gone their way in the first half. Cowboy fans started leaving after that run. 

Love the guy on the 30 yd line pulling a hammie' chasing VY.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The Texans not drafting Vince might well be the dumbest decision in the history of all sports in the state of Texas. And there have been a lot of stupid decisions (see, Jerry Jones and others). The city of Houston would have been electric with VY at QB. That's why I will never, ever be a Texans fan.

Hell, does Vince turn pro if the Texans do not have the top pick? Perhaps, but with Vince playing his senior year, that's another BCS title for UT. No one was beating that team. Would have been a 33-game winning streak, too.......

Grrrr..... 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

The Texans not drafting Vince might well be the dumbest decision in the history of all sports in the state of Texas. And there have been a lot of stupid decisions (see, Jerry Jones and others). The city of Houston would have been electric with VY at QB. That's why I will never, ever be a Texans fan.

Hell, does Vince turn pro if the Texa12ns do not have the top pick? Perhaps, but with Vince playing his senior year, that's another BCS title for UT. No one was beating that team. Would have been a 33-game winning streak, too.......

Grrrr..... 

Yeah, him going pro was also, um, not well thought out. He says right up there on that magazine cover he was put on earth to qb Texas. Should have stayed put. Oh well.

And btw, fuck that puto jeff fisher too.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:
Bijan was pretty close to that. 

All due respect to Bijan….but not even the same universe. Starting with, Vince touched the ball first every play, and literally, on every single play, everyone at least subconsciously, in not overtly, at least for a split second, thought….yeah, this could be a touchdown, as the ball was being snapped

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1