Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

Since Vince is in the news again via Fischer...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22908477/jeff-fisher-got-vince-young-apology-unsure-was-real

Former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher said he did receive a letter of apology from Vince Young but he never responded because he wasn't sure it was really from his former quarterback.

"Yes, I got a letter from Vince," Fisher told PaulKuharsky.com. "And I didn't respond. My name was spelled wrong on the letter, the letter came from the University of Texas, and I had no way of knowing if it was [really] from him. It came from the athletic department. But my name was spelled incorrectly.

"I still have it. But I didn't know if it was from him so I felt no need to respond."

He added: "I thought if it was from him he would have maybe spelled my name right."

Young, 34, said he sent the letter in 2013, telling the NFL Network that during his time with the Titans he was "immature and not paying attention and not listening, and taking my frustration out on a lot of people wasn't the right thing to do."

Young, who was working at the University of Texas, his alma mater, around the time he sent his letter, said in an interview with Sports Illustrated last year that Fisher had never responded. Fisher had declined to be interviewed for Sports Illustrated's story.

The Titans selected Young No. 3 overall in the 2006 draft, but he failed to live up to lofty expectations and was released by Tennessee in 2011 and spent that season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He signed with the Buffalo Bills in 2012 and Green Bay Packers in 2013 but was cut by both teams before each season began. He signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders last year but was released by the team after suffering a hamstring injury.

Fisher, 60, was fired by the Titans after the 2010 season, his 16th year at the helm of the franchise. He was hired by the Rams in 2012 but fired in 2016.

Edited by Mole

Horseshit.  He knew or felt with reasonable certainty that it was from VY.  Just being a petty bitch by not responding.  Now since Vince disclosed that he wrote the letter and didn't get a response, Fisher's feigning ignorance.  What a piece of shit.  How did that piece of trash get entire professional football to give him the benefit of the doubt for decades.  

• Like 1

Not that it matters, but I'd add that we're all just taking Jeff Fischer's word that his name was misspelled.  While's it's definitely possible that VY added a c to Fisher, we don't actually know that it's true. Short of someone actually producing the letter for us to read, we're all taking the petty man's word for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

CBS calls VY the biggest NFL bust of the BCS era.

lol.

Vince may not have had near the career we expected, but he still had a seven year career, won OROY, was a 2x Pro-Bowler, and had a winning record as a starting QB.  Suggesting that he's the "Biggest Bust of the BCS Era" especially when JaMarcus Russell exists is asinine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skipmcgee said:

Vince may not have had near the career we expected, but he still had a seven year career, won OROY, was a 2x Pro-Bowler, and had a winning record as a starting QB.  Suggesting that he's the "Biggest Bust of the BCS Era" especially when JaMarcus Russell exists is asinine.

This. He actually did quite well considering he had a coach trying to derail his career.

12 minutes ago, skipmcgee said:

And this is why I'll always hate that fucker.  I don't watch the NFL at all, mainly because of that fucker's long time boss, may he rot in hell, but the fact that all these idiot sportswriters just blithely accept Fischer's spin on events keeps me at a level of pissed that isn't at all healthy.  Fuck Fischer and fuck Bud Adams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And this is why I'll always hate that fucker.  I don't watch the NFL at all, mainly because of that fucker's long time boss, may he rot in hell, but the fact that all these idiot sportswriters just blithely accept Fischer's spin on events keeps me at a level of pissed that isn't at all healthy.  Fuck Fischer and fuck Bud Adams.

This.

1 hour ago, skipmcgee said:

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yep. All of this ...

41 minutes ago, skipmcgee said:

Honestly, the fact that Steve McNair managed to have a successful career while playing under Jeff Fisher is supremely impressive.

In Fisher's 22 year career as a head coach, he had six winning seasons.  Four were with McNair and two were with Young.

Exactly. And McNair & VY were precisely the kind of QBs he hated. He loathed their very existence & fucked over completely the two QBs who were responsible for his only successful seasons in 22 years.

Edited by wood

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Horseshit.  He knew or felt with reasonable certainty that it was from VY.  Just being a petty bitch by not responding.  Now since Vince disclosed that he wrote the letter and didn't get a response, Fisher's feigning ignorance.  What a piece of shit.  How did that piece of trash get entire professional football to give him the benefit of the doubt for decades.  

Exactly, it's not like he wouldn't have had Vince's number and couldn't simply call him up to ask if he had sent the letter. It just shows how big of a petty bitch he is that he didn't make any sort of reasonable attempt to accept a sincere apology. 

Fuck Jeff Fisher

1 hour ago, skipmcgee said:

Honestly, the fact that Steve McNair managed to have a successful career while playing under Jeff Fisher is supremely impressive.

In Fisher's 22 year career as a head coach, he had six winning seasons.  Four were with McNair and two were with Young.

Damn, I knew Fischer sucked, but he really sucked. 6 seasons of being bailed out, and then the rest who he is. 

Fischer is such a fucking jerkoff.  He thinks he's endearing himself to readers, and that we'll all find it sooo funny that the black guy couldn't spell his name right.  Piece of shit.  He lacks just as much self-awareness as he did when he told the world he set up the LA Rams for their success.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Vince had the highest passing rating in the league at the midway point in his last starting season in Tennessee and was promptly benched by Fischer after a minor injury who refused to ever put him back in. Vince only played in one more game for Tennessee, never starting again.

And yet there are still dipshits who somehow still blame Vince for what happened in Tennnessee. 

• 7 months later...

QB Vince Young to play "Mother Ginger" on opening night of The Nutcracker, Friday, Dec. 7, at 7:30 p.m. 

We've been saving some surprises for you as we count the days to opening night of Ballet Austin's 56th annual production of The Nutcracker presented by the Georgia B. Lucas Foundation Fund. Here's a biggie! 

Former University of Texas and NFL Quarterback, the "Invincible" Vince Young, heads an all-star cast of celebrity "Mother Gingers" scheduled for Ballet Austin's opening weekend of performances, Dec. 7-9 at the Long Center.  

For more than 20 years, Ballet Austin has invited notable members of the community to play the part of "Mother Ginger," the comical matriarch of a family of young Bon Bons, who steals the show in Act II, with a big skirt, big hair, and an even bigger personality. 

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread