Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Not sure. Their first words would be “who are you?”. Recruits were 4 years old when VY won the natty.

Exactly. VY has no real pull with these kids unless they grew up in a circle that are UT fans and even then, they have no real recollection of what VY did here. These recruits now grew up in the dark era of UT football, which was this entire decade.

Exactly. VY has no real pull with these kids unless they grew up in a circle that are UT fans and even then, they have no real recollection of what VY did here. These recruits now grew up in the dark era of UT football, which was this entire decade.
They have internet, they have seen him play. They also know who Barry Sanders and troy aikman are.

Just now, markstanco said:
On 6/24/2019 at 12:51 PM, Vic Mackey said:

They have internet, they have seen him play. They also know who Barry Sanders and troy aikman are.

Not the same. I can go watch old clips of the the Longhorns in the 60s or the Cowboys in the 60s and 70s. But unless you were experiencing it live, you won't have the full grasp of the impact. Same for VY. Watching highlights of his games does not do it justice when it comes to what he was doing for UT at the time. They don't know how satisfying it was to us fans and that team when they took down USC.

I am not saying they are not aware of Vince Young. But I don't think him showing up for the recruiting process is going to make a huge difference in 2019 and moving forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 12:21 PM, markstanco said:

I bet were you to surprise recruits away from the Google on their phones, would get wrong the college Sanders and especially Aikman even went to?

"Aikman started at Oklahoma, what?

On 1/2/2019 at 12:01 AM, NowThis said:

VY needs to get involved in the recruitng process. Imagine VY shows up at your home, how can anyone say no?

recruits today were in kindergarten when VY was last relevant. i doubt any of them have a clue who VY actually is in terms of his place in the college football pantheon. i'm sure they'd be much more excited to meet a Kardashian or Cardi B than they would Vince.

Bijan idolized Reggie Bush. If he knows Bush, who payed at the same time, these kids know VY. Not to mention when kids are posting about their Texas offer on Twitter, there's always a pic of VY. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:
Who was that guy on the shag that constantly posted conspiracy theories about why VY wasn't in the NFL?

VY My Hero and a few others. But he was at the head of the charge.

and Bornahorn...

• 2 months later...

We're told items in the storage unit included Young's Maxwell Award, his MVP trophy from the 2006 Rose Bowl and a whole bunch of other one-of-a-kind items.

We're told the ball from his first-ever NFL touchdown pass was also in there ... and even helmets he used throughout his career -- including the '06 Rose Bowl game -- were in there.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, futureman said:

sure he is. 

“Hi this is Vince Young. I’d like to stop by your office and bring my team with me to discuss (whatever the fuck they’re selling). Is there a next week that works for you and your team?”

seems pretty fucking brilliant to me. You think he can’t open pretty much any door he wants to in Houston?

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“Hi this is Vince Young. I’d like to stop by your office and bring my team with me to discuss (whatever the fuck they’re selling). Is there a next week that works for you and your team?”

seems pretty fucking brilliant to me. You think he can’t open pretty much any door he wants to in Houston?

This is 2019 not 2005. The aggy half of Houston hates him, the rest that care also know he washed out of the NFL, had two DUI arrests, lost his job with UT, and now is either too poor to pay his monthly Public Storage bill or too dumb to get his irreplaceable items out before it got padlocked and auctioned to Dave Hester, Jarrod, and Brandy. 

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Probably because it’s a crime under Texas property laws

I'm sure these storage folks are all about following the law. 

If Vince did not want the school HOF to have these goods, at least pay the bill so that his kids can have or sell them. Who is the chick who bought this locker? 

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread