Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

1 hour ago, Hellraiser97 said:

This may be a dumb question, but anyone have any idea how to get VY's autograph?  I have something I've been carting around and wanting to get signed for the past year or so and I have been unable to find anything like an agent or whatever that might show where he makes appearances.

Cameo might be a good bet. You could try this https://www.steinbergsports.com/en/contact-us - that was his last football agent. They might be able to point you in the right direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, shadow_operative said:

VY next to Rak makes you appreciate how massive he is. still never seen a player at any position with his combination of size, speed. strength, and open field moves. oh yeah and he was actually a damn good passer too. he's an absolute freak, and i will never ever ever forgive jeff fisher.

Absolutely, and VY is the #1 reason DTQBs are so popular now. Oh, the sad irony. Dude was way ahead of his time and never got a chance in the NFL to showcase his real abilities.

One thing is dead certain in my mind, though: VY forever and fundamentally changed the way offensive football is played at every level. He didn't have a HoF NFL career, but he left a massive mark on the game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, tx 3 putt said:

good for him, hisd has had some damn good athletes. 

freaking swindell - jr year led his high school team to a Texas Class 5A state championship going 14-0 on the mound with a 0.65 ERA

Does he want to play baseball in the SEC for a  few years ? 

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Absolutely, and VY is the #1 reason DTQBs are so popular now. Oh, the sad irony. Dude was way ahead of his time and never got a chance in the NFL to showcase his real abilities.

One thing is dead certain in my mind, though: VY forever and fundamentally changed the way offensive football is played at every level. He didn't have a HoF NFL career, but he left a massive mark on the game.

Agreed, I don’t give two shits about the NFL but am pissed he didn’t get his.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, Sawbonz said:

Fuck Jeff Fisher

Cannot be said often or loudly enough. Fuck that POS.

The top 2 people on the planet, off the top of my head, that I'd be willing to go to jail for throwing down with em: Fuck Jeff Fisher, and Fuck Bobby Epstein.

Pieces of human garbage of the highest order.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Fuck man. Somebody please hurry up and invent time travel. To go back to being a 13 year old kid and laying in the living room floor watching that championship game against USC and seeing Vince trot into the end zone.....man.

You have a couple years on me. When he did it my dad picked me up in his arms and jumped up and down. 

98.1 (I think, at the time?) Played us to sleep lying on the living room floor. To the cadence of "98.1 KVET - your home of the national champion Texas Longhorns" at every break.

Safe to say I did not attend school the following day. Neither did half my class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Fuck man. Somebody please hurry up and invent time travel. To go back to being a 13 year old kid and laying in the living room floor watching that championship game against USC and seeing Vince trot into the end zone.....man.

That walk from the stadium back to Pasadena was the highest of highs.  Those smug motherfuckers weren't saying shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you definitely want to watch this:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSVLWAeDD4Y/?utm_medium=copy_link

also if this site could re-learn how to embed IG that would be great.

Another good one from ig.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSUfhaWnPS4/?utm_medium=copy_link

@immamac what's up with the ig embed, btw?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, PointX said:

That walk from the stadium back to Pasadena was the highest of highs.  Those smug motherfuckers weren't saying shit.

Some of them had the guts to tell us congratulations, but most were too shocked to even make eye contact. I lived in SoCal at the time and made it a point to wear my Texas hoodie to school for a week straight after winter break ended.

4 minutes ago, PointX said:

Oh there was one particularly obnoxious drunk blonde SC fan, yelling “Go back to Texas you fucking hicks” at my buddy and I while we’re walking towards our car that night…but nothing could erase the smile on my face that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

You have a couple years on me. When he did it my dad picked me up in his arms and jumped up and down. 

98.1 (I think, at the time?) Played us to sleep lying on the living room floor. To the cadence of "98.1 KVET - your home of the national champion Texas Longhorns" at every break.

Safe to say I did not attend school the following day. Neither did half my class. 

Man, I lived in Oklahoma at the time so there was no celebration outside of my immediate family. But, my grandma, who never cursed, called us the next morning and God damn what a game! I graduated high school in 2010 so my junior and senior years were pretty good but nothing has ever come close to that feeling and I didn't even attend UT. It'd be nice to see Texas go on a streak like USC, Alabama and Clemson have done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Vy was one of the best leaders Texas football has ever had, his teammates respected him and feared him. If you weren't pulling your weight,  he'd fuck you up. If he got word you were out and fucking around, he'd drag you out of the club. No surprise when he went to the NFL and all of the sudden it was arrest after arrest.  Poor Mack could never handle that shit, needed more Mayberry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FigurelliPwC said:

Oh there was one particularly obnoxious drunk blonde SC fan, yelling “Go back to Texas you fucking hicks” at my buddy and I while we’re walking towards our car that night…but nothing could erase the smile on my face that night.

That’s “my buddy and me” you fucking hick. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

jcdenton used to have a webpage with all the clips, articles, etc from that game.  My favorite was the Leno show afterwards, when they had Tom Arnold going around the tailgates with a breathalyzer.  They come to some USC dork who says "yeah I'm drunk!"  They give him a test and he blows like a 0.02 or something.  Tom rips into him and says "I'm drunker than you are, and I've been sober for the past 10 years!"  Then they go over to a Texas fan who can barely stand.  Blows something crazy, and the whole audience goes nuts.  That's my csb from in front of a TV...

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, wood said:

:cough: Jamaal Charles :cough:

Over Priest for sure. 

Actually idk... Priest was better than I thought. Per touch JC was better but Priest had the better career #s.

Texas' NFL RB room is crazy deep is the main takeaway. 4 guys with 10k plus yards from scrimmage. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread