What is going on with the UT game threads?

Handcruser

I don’t understand the purpose of locking it until kickoff. I also don’t understand the purpose of a goofy message with yet more solicitation of players not worthy of money. The fact that that goofy message / solicitation was locked and pinned is irritating and laughable. 

Add to that the fact that tapa doesn’t load the latest post….it just takes us back to the first post. Immamac is pinning or sticky-ing the thread or whatever. Like it’s not going to be at the top of the board or nobody will be able to find it if he doesn’t.

I PM’d him about it and…….silence.

I made another alternative game thread last week and the pancho police came around and shut it down.

Why can’t we just have a regular fucking game thread that works for everyone?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 5:29 PM, Handcruser said:

First, they dont work with tapa.

Second, they’re locked until Katie opens them.

Third, they have some “uplifting message” in them that’s supposed to get us all riled up or something.

Why can’t we just have a game thread that’s just a game thread?

Because it's 2021 and if you're still using Tapa you're flat out stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, Handcruser said:

Add to that the fact that tapa doesn’t load the latest post….it just takes us back to the first post. Immamac is pinning or sticky-ing the thread or whatever. Like it’s not going to be at the top of the board or nobody will be able to find it if he doesn’t.

I PM’d him about it and…….silence.

I made another alternative game thread last week and the pancho police came around and shut it down.

Why can’t we just have a regular fucking game thread that works for everyone?

dude you're literally using tapa in 2021.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I use tapa during game to follow thread. There's a workaround, but it's odd we have to this. You have to pull up the thread in your browser and have it ask you to open in tapatalk and stay in the thread.

But this pinning/locking is annoying and serves no purpose I can think of. The game thead's going to be at the top no matter what. And locking until gametime serves what purpose?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Literally surly mobile website >>>> tapa 

It's not...especially when you're on a bunch of apps simultaneously.

Imagine dedicating the Texas football game for multitasking instead of full attention. You gen z’ers are the worst. 

On 9/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, Yuk said:

I use tapa during game to follow thread. There's a workaround, but it's odd we have to this. You have to pull up the thread in your browser and have it ask you to open in tapatalk and stay in the thread.

But this pinning/locking is annoying and serves no purpose I can think of. The game thead's going to be at the top no matter what. And locking until gametime serves what purpose?

Agreed with all of this.  

• 1 month later...