Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

2 really good performances and 1 absolute awful performance in the non conference. 
Now it’s time for (hopefully) the last ride in the Big 12. 
It looks like we have a QB1

Running Back room is stacked. 
OL line still a work in progress. 
Defense?  Who knows, Rice did nothing to threaten us on that side of the ball. 
Tech is terrible, we should win convincingly. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, Burt said:

Anyone know what network this will be on? If its ABC I'm gonna have to get Sling so I can get the Great Falls affiliate. The one out of Bismarck now carries the ND St games. 😡 

Nope, just checked.  ND St is off next week.  I'm sure I'll have to do it for the ou game, though

Just now, ztejas said:

I'd just strap an antennae to a moose and hope for the best. 

Let us know if you need provisions for next calendar's snow.

Fuck, it his 34 degrees here yesterday (Friday) morning.  I better start worrying about THIS calendar's snow.  Hit 99 degrees this afternoon, though, so maybe I have a few weeks to gather supplies.

Also, I have a 2 free months of Sling offer via Verizon that I've been sitting on just for such an occasion.  

2 hours ago, Burt said:

Anyone know what network this will be on? If its ABC I'm gonna have to get Sling so I can get the Great Falls affiliate. The one out of Bismarck now carries the ND St games. 😡 

Is ESPN+ possibly an option instead of SLING to get the Tech game up there ??  (Pretty sure you have to have a regular ESPN subscription to add ESPN+ though... )

ESPN schedule for TEXAS shows ABC

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2021

Sat, 9/25
vsTTUTTU
11:00 AM

espn-abc@2x.png

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

2 really good performances and 1 absolute awful performance in the non conference. 

OL line still a work in progress. 

But... But... But...   Tech is undefeated and 3-0 WulawHorn ??? 

/s

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

OL line is pure shit. 

fify

gagree w/ everything else

The OL is a work in the progress in the same sense that a manned mission to Mars is a work in progress.

I haven’t watched them so I don’t know too much beyond the Oregon transfer QB, but Tech does not appear to start games well. Down 21-7 to UH at half, 13-7 at half to SFA, and fucked around with FIU for the first third or so of their game yesterday. One would think Texas should be able to build a comfortable lead early and put the game on cruise control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

One would think Texas should _______________________

no $9.95 at all

no speculation

parcells

right now we are 2 and 10 until we are either 3 and 9 or remain 2 and 10

show me 10 wins

no koolaid until then

no banana in the tailpipe ever again

i was told all gas no brakes

our sword was not swung and remained sheathed when we could have spilled blood in the 4th quarter

fuck civility

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

The OL is a work in the progress in the same sense that a manned mission to Mars is a work in progress.

I haven’t watched them so I don’t know too much beyond the Oregon transfer QB, but Tech does not appear to start games well. Down 21-7 to UH at half, 13-7 at half to SFA, and fucked around with FIU for the first third or so of their game yesterday. One would think Texas should be able to build a comfortable lead early and put the game on cruise control.

What if I told you these 3 simpld tricks could fix (patch) the OL

Start the evil Eastern European at left tackle.
Have Jones and the fish duke it for the left guard spot

run predominantly outside zone. 

All 3 of those looked to be on the table in the late game against rice. The blocking and scheme magically got better the same way it did when the Herm stumbled into it late last season. Do those 3 things and I believe that the line will be good enough in this defensive line optional conference where nobody will be good enough to hurt/exploit us. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

All 3 of those looked to be on the table in the late game against rice. The blocking and scheme magically got better the same way it did when the Herm stumbled into it late last season. Do those 3 things and I believe that the line will be good enough in this defensive line optional conference where nobody will be good enough to hurt/exploit us. 

Sure, I’ve basically posted this word for word in the OL thread. But Flood appears just as infatuated with Jones at LT as the last staff and Sark, like Herman, has really never been much of a wide zone guy. I wouldn’t hold my breath on these things.
  • Rage+1 2

I remember Mack always loved early games. "You don't have to sit around all day worrying about what was gonna happen". Agree with others, I hope Sark has the team properly on notice that Tech, TCU, oSu, and all the rest of the Big 12 are going to pull out all the stops for you. Early kick + motivated opponent + disinterested fan base could be a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, a night game would be much better for Tech in terms of fan energy. Hard to get liquored up by 11am, but I’ll try my damnedest. 

11 AM games are great. It gives me the opportunity to visit your mother in the evening. I can celebrate a Horns win with her or she can uplift my spirits (and something else) if the Horns happen to lose.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Burt said:

Get the Locast app and choose a city that carries it. It’s free, but you can send them a free will offering. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

OZ takes away a big chunk of what you can do with RPOs. That's why they are so stubborn with IZ.

Edited by Thatguy

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Then scrap the RPO’s. A competent OL is more important than any concept. 

WuLaw, you are a smart guy. A competent O line isn't a one dimensional one. You have to be able to do multiple things well or the good teams will shut you down. If you want Sark to be who he is we have to figure out IZ. Sure, we can run OZ frequently, but IZ is the stepping stone we need to be special.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Burt said:

This remains my go-to source for the national schedule and how to watch. It's been around for years. I wish I could find a way to at least thank the person who sets it up.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

That’s funny. Under Herman NONE of our games were mudholes.

Believe me, no person was more frustrated with every game being a shit fight whether it was Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, or New Mexico State. Games like OU or a good OOC game are meant to be close.

Herman was doing just enough to be kept on at most places. I thought it was bold and wise to let him go.

Also, I don't have any reason to expect all of our games with Sark to be mudholes. I think the Arkansas game revealed things to him that he won't ignore. As I've said other places, I'm an optimistic fan, but not so much to bathe in koolaid. I was excited heading into Arkansas, demoralized afterward, and now guardedly optimistic after Rice.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1