233 members have voted

1. 1. Have you contracted Covid-19?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you contracted COVID-19 REDUX

• Yes, more than once
    • Yes
    • No

Yes.  Got it a month after being vaxxed. It only lasted a few days, and the only reason I knew I had it was because we were on vacation staying in the guesthouse of a NICU nurse who was 7 months into a high-risk pregnancy who insisted we test upon landing before interacting with her family.

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not sure should be an option. I had every symptom very early on when there were no tests and so did my daughter. Still have days where I just feel like crap for no reason. 

Same. Early March of 2020. Dry cough, chills, body aches, extreme fatigue. Never ran a high fever, and back then they were saying “if you don’t have a fever, it’s not COVID”. Since then I think most of the people I know that had it (confirmed by test) only had a mild fever. The two weeks prior to being sick I had been in LA and stayed at the LAX Weston with all the international flight crews, and then Denver the week after. Both were early hot spots. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I had it in March 2020. Most likely exposed at a party on 3/7. Didn’t think about cough or anything shortly after, starting feeling cruddy on 3/17 (dull to moderate hangover symptoms) through the end of the month. Couldn’t get tested because I never had a fever. Confirmed with antibodies test at the end of April 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't ever been tested, but a couple of days after I started working from home in late March 2020, I noticed that my temp spiked to about 103 and stayed above 101 for about a day.  Then for the next week or so, my temp was always higher than normal, which is about 97.5 for me, but I rarely went above 100.4.  I woke up on day 8 or 9 and it was back to normal and has been ever since.  I still check almost daily.  My whole life, I've been virus resistant.  To the best of my knowledge, I've never had the flu and I rarely get any other stomach viruses either.  When I do, it's usually mild and passes quickly.  I've read that there is a small group of people who posses a kind of natural immunity to viruses.  I've often wondered if I'm in that group.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Biped said:

I haven't ever been tested, but a couple of days after I started working from home in late March 2020, I noticed that my temp spiked to about 103 and stayed above 101 for about a day.  Then for the next week or so, my temp was always higher than normal, which is about 97.5 for me, but I rarely went above 100.4.  I woke up on day 8 or 9 and it was back to normal and has been ever since.  I still check almost daily.  My whole life, I've been virus resistant.  To the best of my knowledge, I've never had the flu and I rarely get any other stomach viruses either.  When I do, it's usually mild and passes quickly.  I've read that there is a small group of people who posses a kind of natural immunity to viruses.  I've often wondered if I'm in that group.

Username checks out. Here is the best known image. 

image.thumb.png.a09daafe749b9cf6829bb0245a0e0681.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tested negative in May 2020 when I needed a test before my vasectomy.

Tested negative for antibodies in June 2020 when those tests first hit the general public, because I thought I might have gotten COVID in mid-March just days after it hit Travis County and just days before we all started locking down. I had horrible flu symptoms that hit for about 48 hours. I read since then that the early antibody tests were not as reliable and produced a fair amount of false negatives.

Then tested negative in December when I got a test after a couple days of debilitating fatigue, but no fever or other flu-like symptoms. (The person who tested me said another patient described the exact same symptoms and tested positive.)

Haven’t tested since, and was fully vaccinated in early March. 

So I say that I’ve never had COVID, but it’s possible that I could’ve had an asymptomatic breakthrough infection and just didn’t know it. Or I could’ve had it in March 2020 and that early antibody test produced a false negative.

Never had it... and although took decent precautions last year post vax I have just been living my life. Poll seems a bit high. Texas has 30M people and just over 3M total cases so would expect it to be only about 10% that have on here. Especially since I would expect most poster here to be the ones getting the Vax and taking proper measures.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

Wife tested positive Dec 26, 2020, youngest son (home for the holidays) tested Dec 28, 2020.
I tested negative Dec 28, 2020 (and about 5-6 times earlier in the year for various reasons)
I never tested positive, however after my early Feb 2021 blood donation I was notified I was positive for antibodies.

So I'd say I had it around New Years, as a present from my wife and/or son. Never really had any symptoms, other than what a mild cold/flu would be.
Was vaxxed (J&J) around Mid-March.

Poll is faulty without an "I don't know" option.  Because, honestly, with this, it's entirely possible to have had it at some point in your life and you not have a clue.

I've been tested 3 times, all negative.  I've also had 3 blood draws since October 2020, and all have not shown antibodies.  However, I took four flights in mid-late January 2020, and after the last of those, I had something like a cold.  I've never gotten ill from flying up until then.  It was mild, lasted about a week, and that was that.  I didn't start thinking this may have been Covid until sometime last fall when it was announced that it was in our country earlier than originally thought.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

Pretty much all my friends have had it. I’ve never been tested. My wife and I think we had it in late Feb 2020. She’s never sick and she got the worst flu she’s ever had. But after three days she was fine. I had a lighter case right after her. We were vaxxed by early April.

12 minutes ago, XYZ said:

If you think you might have had it but you don’t know, you can do the “Texas cares” thing and get tested for antibodies. Then you would know for sure. It’s free.

Not any longer. Their enrollment goal has been met. 

https://sph.uth.edu/projects/texascares/join

Edited by Deej

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

This thread must either violate HIPPA or be collecting data for someones research paper. Or perhaps like the "wisdom teeth removal for free" ads in the Daily Texan. Nothing on the Surl is for free right? 

30+ years ago i got my wisdom teeth removed for free by responding to one of those ads.

not sure.. I felt like crap for 2 weeks in late August of this year, but never had a fever, loss of taste, or any real fatigue.

but was congested, sneezy, runny nose, acid reflux (could have been allergies)

i want to believe i had it and Moderna kicked it's ass.

Edited by yoladu

Not sure. Was in Portland and Seattle in mid February of last year. Was sick with what was in between a cold and the flu for about 4 days a week later.  

Had multiple known exposures until I got vaccinated in mid May. Never got sick.... at least never had symptoms. Vax made me sicker than I've been in years for about 2 days. Have read the reaction is stronger to the Vax if you've had the rona but no clue if that's accurate. 

Never been tested for infection or antibodies. 

Before I had my breakthrough case, I thought loss of smell with COVID just meant how you lose your sense of smell and taste when you're really congested -- normal stuff. When I had COVID, I had pretty much zero nasal congestion but couldn't smell or taste a thing. It was the weirdest experience.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No and no. People are taking it, I was unaware of it yesterday when I popped positive, but everyone told me about it so I drove back and got it. I had to qualify for some easy BMI test. I’m 6’4” 215 and in decent shape, but apparently they’ve liberalized the BMI test; a few of my wife’s skinny tennis teammates qualified so I figured I would, I did, and we will see if my insurance covers the $1900. They appear to, but I don’t really give a shit. I just want to feel better. 

I can’t describe the uncontrollable chills with no fever. It’s fucking weird. It’s like a demon has possessed your body and is just fucking with you. 

Yea, I had chills so bad I thought I must have had a high fever, but never got over 99.8

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I can’t describe the uncontrollable chills with no fever. It’s fucking weird. It’s like a demon has possessed your body and is just fucking with you. 

I went positive on Sunday (Moderna/April/1600 last month on Texas Cares) after getting it from school-age kid. Not uncontrollable chills, but definitely bad chills without a bad fever. Pretty good cough. Mornings after the medicine wore off overnight were very hard. Incredible fatigue, and I've never been so hungry.

Feeling better as of Wednesday, but the cough is still around and sense of smell is completely gone.

Yes, contracted The Vid in July 2020. 

PCP told me to return home and if I couldn't breathe, then visit the ER.  Good-bye and good luck.

Three weeks between the bed and the shitter.  Now fully recovered, I have never felt better.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

This is probably purely coincidental, but there was a study published earlier this month that screened the national blood supply (about 1.5 million people) for infection and vaccination antibodies and it was determined about 20% of the population had COVID as of May 2021, which is about what the survey reflects at the time of me writing this post. 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2784013

• Hook 'Em 1