1. 1. Have you contracted Covid-19?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you contracted COVID-19 REDUX

• Yes, more than once
    • Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No and no. People are taking it, I was unaware of it yesterday when I popped positive, but everyone told me about it so I drove back and got it. I had to qualify for some easy BMI test. I’m 6’4” 215 and in decent shape, but apparently they’ve liberalized the BMI test; a few of my wife’s skinny tennis teammates qualified so I figured I would, I did, and we will see if my insurance covers the $1900. They appear to, but I don’t really give a shit. I just want to feel better. 

I can’t describe the uncontrollable chills with no fever. It’s fucking weird. It’s like a demon has possessed your body and is just fucking with you. 

Does it seem to be helping? Thanks for the info, it prompted me to look a bit more into it and we signed the wife up to get it tomorrow. She's late in the game as she tested positive a week ago but she still feels like shit so giving it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I have not. My daughter and granddaughter got it back in March. My son-in-law brought it home. He got it from work (hes a cop)..but I found out to day that my dad (hes 75) just tested positive. He has been in a nursing home for close to 10 years (stroke). The good news is that he is vaccinated but my stress level is about a 15 out of 10 right now. I talked to him on the phone and he sounds pretty rough but I also spoke to his nurses and they said that he is doing well. He was on O2 for a bit but he is no longer on it. Still pretty stressed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WillUSAF said:

My wife and I have not. My daughter and granddaughter got it back in March. My son-in-law brought it home. He got it from work (hes a cop)..but I found out to day that my dad (hes 75) just tested positive. He has been in a nursing home for close to 10 years (stroke). The good news is that he is vaccinated but my stress level is about a 15 out of 10 right now. I talked to him on the phone and he sounds pretty rough but I also spoke to his nurses and they said that he is doing well. He was on O2 for a bit but he is no longer on it. Still pretty stressed.

Good luck with your dad...  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, WillUSAF said:

All the best to your dad.

• Hook 'Em 1

My daughter (11 yr) had a fever on Sunday three weeks back. Got her tested, yep covid. 99.9% sure she got it at school, where nobody wears a mask. She was a little sick for a few days but nothing major. A few days later wife tested postive, and got sick. She was sick for a couple of days. That Friday night I started feeling like shit, and ended up with an off and on fever for five days. Still have this annoying as fuck cough, and still get tired easily. My doc put in for me to get the infusion, since I do have a co-morbidity, on the fourth day of having the fever. Seemed like it helped. Never lost my sense of smell or taste.

Yes, wife and I are both fully vaxxed (pfizer).

Also, didn't have to pay for the infusion because its still "experimental".

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just tested positive this morning.  Triple vaxxed so we'll see if that shit works.  Was grilling chicken and having a beer Saturday evening and all of a sudden started feeling very tired with chills.  It was 28 degrees so went inside a felt a bit better and thought nothing of it.  A couple hours later started getting a cough.  Wound up sleeping on the couch that night because my daughter has commandeered the guest bedroom, and her bed is too small for me.  Still only had a cough Sunday morning. Still felt a bit tired, but I attributed that to sharing a cough with a 90 lb dog and a puppy who can only be still in 5 minute intervals.

Cough got a bit worse last night. My throat only hurts when I cough, and the only other symptoms are occasional body aches and a temp of 99 (usual is around 97.5).  My wife made an appointment for me this morning thinking it was just what everyone up here calls "the crud" and that they'd give me something for the symptoms and on my way I'd be.  Nope.....positive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 months later...

TBH, I was upset at people who got it as I thought they were careless, non-team players, etc. I'm vaccinated, boosted and after 2.5 years, I finally got it.  I didn't know I had it at first.  I was on vacation, so drinking 10 hours a day in the sun.  I was worn down, had trouble sleeping, the chills and my body just couldn't move.  Had trouble keeping up with my family when I was walking.  Figured it was the booze and the sun.  3 days later, I lost my sense of smell and taste.  Tested positive.  

I'm clear now, it was five days.  After the first two days, other than the sense of smell and taste loss, it was no worse than a cold.  My dad is a 65 yedar old diabetic and he got it too.  No issues.  The vaccine probably helped (no CR) lessen the symptoms.

Don't want to go through that again.

Edited by closetohumping

Feel like my entire body got worked over with the rubber hose. 102 fever. Just took a Covid test and it was positive. That new omicron variant gives no shits about vaccines or boosters. The more I read about these new variants I figured it was inevitable that I got it. I was right.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 2

I made it 2.5 years. Then 3/4 of my family got it coming back from overseas a few weeks ago. I felt like I had a mild cold for about 4 day.... pretty smug bc I thought I'd avoided the bad stuff. Then one evening the high fever hit, then it changed to chills/sweats for the next several days with no fever. I haven't felt that poorly in 30+ years.  I work out - run 5 miles a day, hike 14ers in Colorado, etc. - but have been depleted of stamina. I'm trying to work out again, but it is slow going. We're in Colorado now at about 9,000' and the altitude is noticeable (and it usually doesn't even register until we get up to 12 or 13k. Ugg. This new variant is a bad mofo. And I was vaxxed and boosted. Do not want.

Cross posted.  UT Cares study showed I was COVID-free through February 2022 and vaccine antibodies from an 8/21 Pfizer booster still out of range..  I finally caught a case on 7/3/22.  Home test.  Relatively mild symptoms.  4th UT Cares draw on 7/20/22 showed vaccine antibodies still out of range and infection antibodies out of range as well. 

53 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

someone should do another one of these polls and include 'not 100% sure but think so'...i have to think between that group and the yes group we're sitting at 90+%

este

I avoided it like (as?) the plague early on because, while I wasn't really worried about my long term health, it was clearly a big deal (although I didn't expect it to be the largest mass death in US history, as it became). Also my wife was pregnant and I wasn't trying to fuck around with that.

At this point, pfft. I still haven't tested positive. 15 month old who spends mornings in daycare = i've certainly gotten my ass kicked by all manner of bugs and I bet one of them has been covid. I've tested a bunch of times as has the wife, but no positives. Wife just got over something, baby was a little snotty, now I'm feeling a little roughness in my throat. Maybe it's the vid, wife tested negative when she was feeling shittiest though.

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

este

I avoided it like (as?) the plague early on because, while I wasn't really worried about my long term health, it was clearly a big deal (although I didn't expect it to be the largest mass death in US history, as it became). Also my wife was pregnant and I wasn't trying to fuck around with that.

At this point, pfft. I still haven't tested positive. 15 month old who spends mornings in daycare = i've certainly gotten my ass kicked by all manner of bugs and I bet one of them has been covid. I've tested a bunch of times as has the wife, but no positives. Wife just got over something, baby was a little snotty, now I'm feeling a little roughness in my throat. Maybe it's the vid, wife tested negative when she was feeling shittiest though.

both times i had covid i tested negative with the anti-gen tests. those things are garbage. 

7 hours ago, closetohumping said:

The vaccine probably helped (no CR) lessen the symptoms.

lol what a dumb fucking timeline we live in that this parenthetical is even necessary.

Wife got the COVID. I did the UT CARES study and was negative for infection in late April, so I would assume this is her first time. She came home from work on Monday not feeling well, tested negative on a home test. Had a faint positive on Tuesday so she went and got a PCR, confirming the result. Started with a sort throat, proceeded to a cough, fever, chills, and fatigue. Not the constant, deathly fatigue some have described - she has still come out on walks with the dog a couple of times - but definitely lower energy. Fever's gone now and she did do some WFH today, but still feeling a little sluggish, some coughing, and her voice is pretty rough. Hoping she will really start turning the corner tomorrow. Feel really bad for her having to basically sit on the couch all week in purgatory. 

While I was surely exposed either directly to who/whatever she got it from, or through her over the weekend and into Monday, I feel fine. I took rapid NAAT tests at Walgreens, which are similar in method to PCR and supposed to be sensitive to even very small amounts of virus, both Tuesday and Wednesday and have remained negative. We've kept our distance at home since she tested positive and I started sleeping in another room on Tuesday night. I was scheduled to travel for work Wednesday-Friday but fortunately my employer was understanding and was okay with me staying home. Scheduling another test tomorrow.

Vaccinated with Pfizer in March/April 2021, boosted with Moderna in December, for reference. Wife got Moderna 3x I think, similar timing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HouTex said:

Same.  It’s wasn’t a big deal.  Like allergies.

I’m glad for you.  My temp will not go down no matter how much Gatorade I drink or Tylenol I take. My temp holding steady at 102.8.    I have severe adult onset asthma, so breathing is a bunch of fun as well.  Pulse ox is not the best, but not really ER visit material yet.    I try to stay awake and monitor my vitals.

I look forward to being done with this.

I’m sure Athens, Georgia is responsible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m glad for you.  My temp will not go down no matter how much Gatorade I drink or Tylenol I take. My temp holding steady at 102.8.    I have severe adult onset asthma, so breathing is a bunch of fun as well.  Pulse ox is not the best, but not really ER visit material yet.    I try to stay awake and monitor my vitals.

Sorry you are having a shitty time with it.  

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Have you seen your doctor and asked about paxlovid?  It really helped me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Have you seen your doctor and asked about paxlovid?  It really helped me.

Thanks.  Yeah, I texted My oncologist this morning and she called in a Paxlovid script. Love that physician. Took it about noon.

She did caution me about some Paxlovid rebound effect, but that doesn’t concern me.  I just want some relief. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Worst part for me was the fatigue and headaches/body aches. And the brain fog. Though that could just be a Nicole thing...the brain fog. Trying to work (albeit) remotely was fun...Couldn't smell or taste for a few days but then rebounded. Only had the fever for about 10 hours. That was after the two shots and was in line for a booster when I caught it. Don't think I will get a booster. Figure its just going to keep cycling through us all and what would be the point? The brain fog absolutely sucked trying to work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Thanks.  Yeah, I texted My oncologist this morning and she called in a Paxlovid script. Love that physician. Took it about noon.

She did caution me about some Paxlovid rebound effect, but that doesn’t concern me.  I just want some relief. 

I haven't had any rebound problems five days after finishing it.  For me the worst side effects were a bad metallic taste in my mouth and some dizziness toward the end.  The dizziness got kind of cool, though, when I found out that I could lean out forward a little bit and feel like I was flying.

I hope that you recover completely and rapidly from all of your maladies.

• Hook 'Em 1

We got back from Europe last Friday and wife started showing symptoms and tested positive Saturday evening.  I felt fine all week but woke up this morning drenched in sweat and achy.  Tested positive. No cough yet.  Feels like a cold.  Hope it stays mild.

Finally caught it a month ago. Vaxxed and boosted, still got me. Felt exactly like my allergy flair ups at first but when it lingered I tested and was postive af. Was honestly pretty mild, barely spiked a fever, no smell or taste loss, or body aches. Felt like a headcold that lingered. Worse of it was extreme fatigue and horrible brain fog. I'm 100% certain the vax helped me out big time. Last time I had the regular flu I thought I was going to die, 105 degree fever, head neck and back pains, shivers, nausea, just awful. If anyone was going to have a bad covid experience I thought it'd be me. It did linger though, I was positive for 3 days after I thought it would clear. I didn't know about the FDA approved meds until afterwards, should have asked my doctor.

• Hook 'Em 3

Sorry man. Hope you enjoy the taste of aspirin.

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

So that’s what I’m tasting.  Noticed it last night.  

As far as side effects go, I can live with it

I found that almond butter seems to help for a moment.  I also realized I was not drinking enough water due to the taste, so I switched to bottled water so I could keep a mental track to finish at least one per day.  

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

Finally caught it a month ago. Vaxxed and boosted, still got me. Felt exactly like my allergy flair ups at first but when it lingered I tested and was postive af. Was honestly pretty mild, barely spiked a fever, no smell or taste loss, or body aches. Felt like a headcold that lingered. Worse of it was extreme fatigue and horrible brain fog. I'm 100% certain the vax helped me out big time. Last time I had the regular flu I thought I was going to die, 105 degree fever, head neck and back pains, shivers, nausea, just awful. If anyone was going to have a bad covid experience I thought it'd be me. It did linger though, I was positive for 3 days after I thought it would clear. I didn't know about the FDA approved meds until afterwards, should have asked my doctor.

The cold I had two weeks ago was far worse.  I will say I got chills but no fever and was lethargic first two days like walking slowly and shit.  

A helpful tip. Anyone and everyone who is complaining about their allergies has covid.

They will refuse to acknowledge it for days. Finally the fever and other symptoms will lead them to test positive, where they will finally acknowledge they have it.

I’ve seen this same script play out six times with family in the last seven days. It is really a weird state of denial people will contort themselves into. 

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A helpful tip. Anyone and everyone who is complaining about their allergies has covid.

They will refuse to acknowledge it for days. Finally the fever and other symptoms will lead them to test positive, where they will finally acknowledge they have it.

I’ve seen this same script play out six times with family in the last seven days. It is really a weird state of denial people will contort themselves into. 

I mean it would be one thing if it was March or April, but who has allergies in late July (assuming we are talking TX)? Plants aren't pollenating right now, they're hanging on for dear life.

Third test negative yesterday. Thinking I am probably in the clear at this point but will probably get at least one more test tomorrow. Wife feeling much better, but still coughing/congested. Popped a positive antigen test this morning. CDC guidance says nothing about testing negative to end isolation/return to work, so she's expected back on Monday... At a non-medical role at a large Houston healthcare institution lol.

Edited by gmr548

19 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m allergic to so many things (foods, pollen, dust mites, etc.) that it’s not unusual for me to have a scratchy throat, watery eyes, and even a light fever, at anytime during the year.  I just live with it.  My symptoms were like my allergies for about 24 hours.  When it got a little worse (but still not serious) I took a PCR test and a home test and they were both positive.