233 members have voted

1. 1. Have you contracted Covid-19?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you contracted COVID-19 REDUX

• Yes, more than once
    • Yes
    • No

I tested positive in January but never had any symptoms. Only tested because my whole household had it. 

Got sick this past Wednesday while on vacation in Colorado. Thought it was strep at first. We drove home and I tested positive on Friday. It's been pretty miserable to say the least. Last night I felt so cold that I didn't want to leave from under the covers just to pee or get more Tylenol. My body feels like I got ran over by a truck. 

My symptoms are all very mild but I tend to cycle through them continuously. I’ll have a cough, sore throat or chills for 20 minutes and then it all goes away for a few hours and I feel normal only to have one or more come back. Very strange. 

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Got sick this past Wednesday while on vacation in Colorado. Thought it was strep at first. We drove home and I tested positive on Friday. It's been pretty miserable to say the least. Last night I felt so cold that I didn't want to leave from under the covers just to pee or get more Tylenol. My body feels like I got ran over by a truck. 

Paxlovid my friend.  Give it a go. Feel better soon. 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, gmr548 said:

I mean it would be one thing if it was March or April, but who has allergies in late July (assuming we are talking TX)? Plants aren't pollenating right now, they're hanging on for dear life.

Third test negative yesterday. Thinking I am probably in the clear at this point but will probably get at least one more test tomorrow. Wife feeling much better, but still coughing/congested. Popped a positive antigen test this morning. CDC guidance says nothing about testing negative to end isolation/return to work, so she's expected back on Monday... At a non-medical role at a large Houston healthcare institution lol.

FWIW, some folks are as allergic to grass pollen as they are to tree pollen.  Summer can be brutal for allergies.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, dcbc said:

Cross posted.  UT Cares study showed I was COVID-free through February 2022 and vaccine antibodies from an 8/21 Pfizer booster still out of range..  I finally caught a case on 7/3/22.  Home test.  Relatively mild symptoms.  4th UT Cares draw on 7/20/22 showed vaccine antibodies still out of range and infection antibodies out of range as well. 

You did another UT draw?  I thought they were doing just three for some reason, and never got a notice for the fourth.

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You did another UT draw?  I thought they were doing just three for some reason, and never got a notice for the fourth.

I got a text saying they'd reopened it and would I sign up for a fourth draw. 

On 7/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, NorthLoop said:

I tested positive in January but never had any symptoms. Only tested because my whole household had it. 

Yes.  When I got it I could barely walk the first couple of days.  I chalked it up to being in the sun, alcohol and kayaking but something didn’t feel right. 

Got popped positive yesterday. 1st timer. Vaxxed and boosted.

Woke up in a pile of wet sheets. Cough and mild sore throat. Got the paxlovid and started that yesterday.

Wife had it 3 weeks ago and 15 year old complaining
of sweats and sore throat this am. Good times.

Been abroad and got home last night feeling crappy. Thought it might have been jet lag and just sitting in planes, buses, trains. Nope first time COVID. Been vaxxed and boosted. Just called the nurse practitioner for my PCP. Will see if she has a plan or tells me to ride it out. Glad I’m home and not in London tho 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, squib said:

Been abroad and got home last night feeling crappy. Thought it might have been jet lag and just sitting in planes, buses, trains. Nope first time COVID. Been vaxxed and boosted. Just called the nurse practitioner for my PCP. Will see if she has a plan or tells me to ride it out. Glad I’m home and not in London tho 

Yep, if this happened 6 weeks ago, I'd still be in Mexico

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Never got it. 

But then again,  I wore, and continue to wear a mask when cases get up over 70 in the 7 day report...

I know I should privacy say I didn't get it because I pray it away,  but no... I'm fairly certain it was the masks

6 hours ago, SKJ said:

Never got it. 

But then again,  I wore, and continue to wear a mask when cases get up over 70 in the 7 day report...

I know I should privacy say I didn't get it because I pray it away,  but no... I'm fairly certain it was the masks

We’re still in the never caught it at my house. I’ve been exposed to it a bunch so masks and vac plus booster seemed to do it for me.  I naturally like to keep away from crowded places so that helped too.  At this point if I catch it I’m not going to be upset (hopefully) but I love not being sick for so long.

10 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

We’re still in the never caught it at my house. I’ve been exposed to it a bunch so masks and vac plus booster seemed to do it for me.  I naturally like to keep away from crowded places so that helped too.  At this point if I catch it I’m not going to be upset (hopefully) but I love not being sick for so long.

Yeah,  I work in a restaurant so I can't really avoid being in a crowd in a lot of cases.  I'm still in the consideration phase of getting another vaccine because the last one sucked for me,  but I'm on the fence,  so we'll see what comes around

• Hook 'Em 1

Called my PCP about getting a prescription for Paxlovid.  Never got a call back after leaving a message. Tried online doctor on demand, but was told they don't do Paxlovid. Called a local clinic; they said I had to come in. I replied "You want me to come into a clinic for a prescription when I know I have COVID and might infect other people?" Yes.

So went in, got the prescription and started it last night. I already feel better. My aches and chills are gone for now. Just a sore throat and runny nose. But I also just woke up, so maybe it hits me hard again today. I felt pretty shitty all day yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, Armybrat said:

My granddaughter has it - tested positive two days in a row.- felt bad Tuesday & Wednesday working from home.

Probably caught it at her brother’s funeral service & reception a week ago yesterday.

Granddaughter is over it, back at the office yesterday. Regained her sense of smell….only two days of feeling down like flu.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:00 PM, Gatorubet said:

Back at work.  7 days fever. Tired as hell and semi-useless, but here.,

fyi, still so wiped that as soon as I got home yesterday at 5:30 - i hit the couch and slept till 8:45 pm.    I am fine - but weak as a kitten

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife and 1 son are positive each for the 1st time. Both feel like shit. Son 2 and I are OK so far but are back to washing our hands like surgeons again and masking pretty frequently. Son 2 and I are both insulin dependent juvenile onset diabetics putting us in the high risk category so fingers crossed. All 4 of us are vaxed with 1 booster. May have to get booster 2 now

• Hook 'Em 2

My update. Maybe someone will find the info useful. 

Had first symptoms Monday morning.

Tuesday morning was feeling flu-like. Tested positive. By Tuesday afternoon had full-blown symptoms: coughing, runny nose, fatigue, fever, aches, chills. Started Paxlovid that evening. 

Wednesday morning woke up to no fever, aches, chills. Have had no more fatigue. Cough is terrible and my throat hurts in a way it has never hurt before. Feels like I am trying to cough up a ball of barbed wire. 

Thursday morning (today) still no other symptoms at this point other than runny nose and awful cough and sore throat. 

Not sure if the Paxlovid diminished my symptoms or not as was unable to clone myself for a control. As it stands though, I feel I am doing better than friends who didn't get the Paxlovid and just rode it out. The only side effect I have experienced with Paxlovid is I have a strong metallic taste in my mouth about 2-4 hours after taking the pills. About to take my morning dosage now. Looking forward to feeling like I have a mouth full of pocket change. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Well shit, here I am.

Just returned from a trip to Hawaii on Tuesday morning.  Last night I had sinus pressure and sore throat from drainage.  Figured it had to be allergies, of course; welcome back to Texas. This morning I took Sudafed and advil which, combined with being upright, made me feel 100% better although I still felt like a I had a head cold.  Took a rapid test as I was heading out the door for to meet a client and the test line materialized instantly.  So far, wife and 7 year old daughter haven’t popped positive, and aside from a mild sore throat, I feel fine.  Hoping it stays this way.  Vaxed and boosted 3 times (the last right before the trip).  

Wearing a kn-95 indoors but considering just bugging out to a hotel for the week.  Don’t really want to spend the money, but I’m thinking it may be worth it instead of quarantining here.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m guessing I was exposed Sunday so this would be day 4. Symptoms better than day 3 in terms of I don’t have a minor headache like yesterday and my fever subsided from 100-101-my first fever in years- down to 98.5 today. Random cough. Took a pseudoephed last night to clear up my head.

Wife is a different story. Nausea, headache, period. Chills come and go.

My 7y/o daughter tested positive this morning as well, but with very mild symptoms. Hopefully we both stay this way. Wife tested negative so that’s a plus.  

So far, the kiddo thinks it’s great that we’re both positive together (she’s seeing it as an opportunity for us to play Roblox and Minecraft) but got quite offended when jokingly I suggested that she gave it to me.  “How dare you, Sir!”, lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

Symptoms including sore throat were gone by yesterday (Day 6 after first feeling bad). Finished my Paxlovid regimen this morning. Just tested negative with at-home kit. I know the recomendation is to keep masking now for some days, but I can find no definitive answer on whether I am still contagious or not. Ready to get back into my own damn bed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Contracted at Disney World last Thurs. Home kit was positive Friday with no symptoms but brief fever. Saturday severe sore throat, 101° fever, mild coughing, slept 16 hours. Sunday sore throat, no fever, few coughs, 12 hours sleep. Monday no symptoms. Made it this far through 3 5-day Vegas trips and other travel, this is my first infection. Not vaccinated.

Had it but didn't know I had it.  Office started handing out tests, took one, popped hot.  Worked at home for a week, drank by the pool, then came back a week later.  

Felt a little like bad allergies and/or hangover.  Head was a little foggy, little tired, nothing much more.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Spent time around family last week for my nephews birthday. One of their adult kids was there complaing about the worst sore throat of his life. Took that as a cue to get the fuck out. Felt like shit on Thursday. Headache, sore throat, diarrhea. Felt crappy on Friday. Saturday morning went fishing and after 10 minutes was so exhausted I had to lay down on the ground for 20 minutes. Had a weird, nagging cough until yesterday with complete exhaustion if I was on my feet for any length of time. Been testing for six straight days without a positive test.  Everyone else at the gathering is positive. Not sure what to think. 

Two shots and two boosters here. Maybe the viral load was never enough to pop on the test, or maybe the tests the post office sent were crap. Or maybe I had something else. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Deej said:

Spent time around family last week for my nephews birthday. One of their adult kids was there complaing about the worst sore throat of his life. Took that as a cue to get the fuck out. Felt like shit on Thursday. Headache, sore throat, diarrhea. Felt crappy on Friday. Saturday morning went fishing and after 10 minutes was so exhausted I had to lay down on the ground for 20 minutes. Had a weird, nagging cough until yesterday with complete exhaustion if I was on my feet for any length of time. Been testing for six straight days without a positive test.  Everyone else at the gathering is positive. Not sure what to think. 

Two shots and two boosters here. Maybe the viral load was never enough to pop on the test, or maybe the tests the post office sent were crap. Or maybe I had something else. 

Could be that it is like 115 degrees out there.

Returned home from my first business trip since Covid was a thing on Friday night.  Singapore.

Saturday woke up slightly congested and one cough every 45 minutes.  Wife insisted I take a test.  Positive.

Saturday and Sunday weren't too bad.  Slightly congested, slight cough, but mainly just fatigue.

Monday, Tues, and today are a different story.  Totally congested, fever, bad fatigue.  Luckily cough is still relatively minor.

The left side of my head feels completely congested, and my left ear is ringing.  I wonder if I have an ear infection coming on.

• Hook 'Em 1

Update: 7y/0 and I tested positive last Thursday with sore throat and no fever. Kiddo was asymptomatic throughout. Wife tests negative so far.

Friday/Saturday: Felt slightly nauseous Friday morning and felt pretty exhausted all day.  Not really any other symptoms.  Took DayQuil/NyQuil pretty consistently, though.  On those meds, I felt pretty damn good, except for the fatigue. Easily slept 12-14 hours each day.

Sunday & Monday: I had stopped the cold meds but developed a mild cough and still blowing my nose a bit. Neither were bad enough to take anything.  Energy level returned to normal by Monday. 

Tuesday/Today daughter tested negative. I still tested positive with slight cough. Feel fine otherwise. I’ll try testing again Friday if the cough is gone.

Been masking in the house when around others and sleeping apart, which sucks. Daughter seems to have co-opted my space in the bed and I’ve been contemplating what posters I’d like to hang in my room.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Chewy's Hairy Horn said:

Update: 7y/0 and I tested positive last Thursday with sore throat and no fever. Kiddo was asymptomatic throughout. Wife tests negative so far.

Friday/Saturday: Felt slightly nauseous Friday morning and felt pretty exhausted all day.  Not really any other symptoms.  Took DayQuil/NyQuil pretty consistently, though.  On those meds, I felt pretty damn good, except for the fatigue. Easily slept 12-14 hours each day.

Sunday & Monday: I had stopped the cold meds but developed a mild cough and still blowing my nose a bit. Neither were bad enough to take anything.  Energy level returned to normal by Monday. 

Tuesday/Today daughter tested negative. I still tested positive with slight cough. Feel fine otherwise. I’ll try testing again Friday if the cough is gone.

Been masking in the house when around others and sleeping apart, which sucks. Daughter seems to have co-opted my space in the bed and I’ve been contemplating what posters I’d like to hang in my room.  

I was the same when banished to 16-year-old daughter's room. Now I feel like I need to hang up in my room her trippy LED lights and her Stevie Nicks poster. 

• Haha 1