233 members have voted

1. 1. Have you contracted Covid-19?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you contracted COVID-19 REDUX

• Yes, more than once
    • Yes
    • No

Got the new strain, which was inevitable because everyone around me was getting it also. Day three of symptoms and I am beat. Everything hurts, back, legs, shoulders, head, face, hell even my knuckles. Fever is around 101. Barely slept last night. Just going to continue taking aspirin and the Quils until I get through it I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Felt like shit yesterday but much better today, coughing periodically and blowing nose... 

wife: you’re going through the Kleenex. 

Me: 91AD3BBA-9F86-46AB-BBEB-2D5321AEA028.jpeg.7c0b0256930012a160d7516357eaa874.jpeg

any of you doing covid medication, besides bleach and horse paste, or just riding it out.  Have debated calling the Doc for a covid RX but hopefully yesterday was the worst of it. 

I’m pretty much over it after testing positive last Wednesday. Lost my taste for a few days but I think I’m regaining it for the most part. That was weird. Lingering effects is a regular old cough and a random sneeze. Curiously tested last night and my + line was very fainted but could still tell there was one.

Didn’t get laid out like some of you.

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m pretty much over it after testing positive last Wednesday. Lost my taste for a few days but I think I’m regaining it for the most part. That was weird. Lingering effects is a regular old cough and a random sneeze. Curiously tested last night and my + line was very fainted but could still tell there was one.

Didn’t get laid out like some of you.

Pretty much this but first couple of days was chronic fatigue.  

Apparently this thing has different fighting forms. The fever broke yesterday and I felt alright except for a leaky nose and a mild cough. Outta nowhere, last night I developed an insane fiery sore throat and a deep productive cough. Didn't sleep well for a second night, for a different reason. No real fever anymore, though, so that's something. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had covid in mid July when it seemed like north Texas was getting hit by a massive spike of the new strain.

I’m in my mid 30’s and it was my first time to ever get the virus. 99% sure it was BA.5 Omicron. I woke up one day just very tired and it felt like I had a block of congestion in my throat. Very sore throat. I coughed and sneezed a lot on day one. I had mild chills on day one as well. For some reason, I was spared when it came to having a fever. I never had one. 

days 1-4 were pretty miserable and I stayed in bed all day while sleeping as much as possible. Day 5 is when the congestion finally started to clear. Days 1-12 my energy levels were pretty much shot.  I still have a sore throat sometimes even after having the virus about a month ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, Underdog said:

Felt like shit yesterday but much better today, coughing periodically and blowing nose... 

wife: you’re going through the Kleenex. 

Me: 91AD3BBA-9F86-46AB-BBEB-2D5321AEA028.jpeg.7c0b0256930012a160d7516357eaa874.jpeg

any of you doing covid medication, besides bleach and horse paste, or just riding it out.  Have debated calling the Doc for a covid RX but hopefully yesterday was the worst of it. 

I didn’t bother with the paxlovid. Figured I could just handle it the old fashioned way with sleep and cold medicines.

Four trips since early June, all unmasked in airports and packed planes. Several in-person court hearings, depositions, and mediations, also unmasked. Going back to the office much more, only a couple folks in my firm wearing masks. Lots of restaurants.

Still nothing. Not even a throat tickle. Haven’t been boosted since late November.

Wish I had signed up for CARES to see if I have any infection antibodies. Seems like there’s a decent chance I got an asymptomatic or extremely mild case (I had about 2-3 days earlier in the year that felt like season allergies, but no energy issues or anything that knocked me down). But maybe I’ve just managed to dodge OG COVID and it’s variants altogether.  I am on the healthier side (lots of exercise and supplements), so I guess that’s helped.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

My neighbors just got their first round of the 'rona. Tested positive on Tuesday.  On Monday, I was in an enclosed space with my neighbors when checking out how their bathroom remodel was going.  My 9 YO and her best friend are both sick with just a fever today but have tested negative.  I took them to Pinballz on Wednesday after school.  Knock on wood, so far my COVID armor, from having it in June, has worked so far this week.  We will see. Some other neighbors all got COVID twice in 6 weeks.

Finally got us. I was totally unaware that stomach cramping and diarrhea were early symptoms of Covid, so I managed to spread it around my house. Fuck me. I had a fever around 100 for two days and this head fog that is hard to explain. The symptoms would come and go, which is different than anything I’ve had before. The third day I felt great but started to cough up some mucus and lost my taste and smell. 

I’m feeling really good but I’m worried about my taste. Everything tastes like it has onion or garlic in it. Hope it comes back eventually. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Everything tastes like it has onion or garlic in it. Hope it comes back eventually. 

Yeah, I experienced that too. I remember thinking "why does everything taste like it's seasoned with onion powder?" It went away after a couple of days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had mild symptoms starting a week ago, they resolved in 36 hours.  About then my wife got a sore throat.  She tested positive a day later, and was fatigued, feverish, and nauseous.

She's getting better, I finally tested yesterday -- positive.  Either I gave it to her and I'm in the clear (almost 7 days since symptoms) or she gave it to me and the hammer might still drop.  At any rate, I'm isolating.  I feel 100% fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Had mild symptoms starting a week ago, they resolved in 36 hours.  About then my wife got a sore throat.  She tested positive a day later, and was fatigued, feverish, and nauseous.

She's getting better, I finally tested yesterday -- positive.  Either I gave it to her and I'm in the clear (almost 7 days since symptoms) or she gave it to me and the hammer might still drop.  At any rate, I'm isolating.  I feel 100% fine.

Can't never tell.  I walked through the wrong fart at the grocery store and gave it to my wife, whose symptoms were about 48 hours delayed from mine.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

For the record, cross me off.  Turns out I don't have anti-COVID super powers. @South Austin, you're up.

Sorry, man.  Hope your case is mild.

My daughter was actually home from school on Tuesday.  Came home on Monday and immediately went to bed, and was completely zapped the next morning.  She's usually a tough soldier.  But no fever, tested negative on two home tests, and felt much better Tuesday evening and ate a full dinner.  She was back to about 90% on Wednesday morning and returned to school.

Coincidentally, my girlfriend's daughter missed school on Monday and Tuesday, but also tested negative.

Maybe it's the Omicron bitch evading the home tests, or maybe this is another garden-variety cold-type virus, one that's getting passed around now that all of the kids are packed into schools and unmasked.  Their bodies had a nice break from all the shit that typically went around pre-pandemic, which is now throwing their immune systems a welcome-back party.

46 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Sorry, man.  Hope your case is mild.

My daughter was actually home from school on Tuesday.  Came home on Monday and immediately went to bed, and was completely zapped the next morning.  She's usually a tough soldier.  But no fever, tested negative on two home tests, and felt much better Tuesday evening and ate a full dinner.  She was back to about 90% on Wednesday morning and returned to school.

Coincidentally, my girlfriend's daughter missed school on Monday and Tuesday, but also tested negative.

Maybe it's the Omicron bitch evading the home tests, or maybe this is another garden-variety cold-type virus, one that's getting passed around now that all of the kids are packed into schools and unmasked.  Their bodies had a nice break from all the shit that typically went around pre-pandemic, which is now throwing their immune systems a welcome-back party.

There's been plenty of this sort of thing over the last year.  My wife had truly one of the worst colds of her life -- made her varying degrees of miserable for 10 days, but nope, not COVID (tested negative, and since then, antibody tests confirm no prior infection).

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

There's been plenty of this sort of thing over the last year.  My wife had truly one of the worst colds of her life -- made her varying degrees of miserable for 10 days, but nope, not COVID (tested negative, and since then, antibody tests confirm no prior infection).

The weather change with lots of rain always hits some of our house hard.  My younger son (only one in our house who hasn't had COVID), had a pretty bad sinus infection last week, but he tested negative. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The wife is having a rougher go of it than I did back around Christmas. Turns out her neighborhood ladies wine night last Tuesday was a mini spreader event. Fucking up a lot of dudes’ long weekend. Inconsiderate bitches!

8 hours ago, maninblack said:

How many shots have you taken?

None today but I’m thinking about starting. 

Boostered last December. Had symptoms Monday night, followed by aches, chills and sore throat. Wednesday I took the home test- the two dark lines appeared 20 seconds in. Felt a ton better Friday. 

Wife and child had congestion the week before, but nothing since. I wonder if they had it, but milder (they had Pfizer and I had Moderna; would that make a difference?)

17 hours ago, 6th Street said:

CVS has the 4th Moderna shot available 

Is this the one updated for the most recent strain(s)? 

I'm on the fence for this one.  I got the first booster in November 2021, but held off on a second as all the data came back in early to mid-2022 about boosted folks still catching COVID.  If this has truly evolved into a milder virus like a bad cold, I'm not sure I want to feel like shit for two days after getting a booster that might not even be all that effective.

And I still haven't gotten COVID as far as I can tell (a mixture of PCR and home tests over the past couple years and all negative).

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I'm on the fence for this one.  I got the first booster in November 2021, but held off on a second as all the data came back in early to mid-2022 about boosted folks still catching COVID.  If this has truly evolved into a milder virus like a bad cold, I'm not sure I want to feel like shit for two days after getting a booster that might not even be all that effective.

And I still haven't gotten COVID as far as I can tell (a mixture of PCR and home tests over the past couple years and all negative).

This is where I am, although I got Covid this past June.  Very mild case.   My last booster was late November 2021.  

10 hours ago, South Austin said:

Just got the new Moderna bi-valent booster.  CVS person told me it might have more severe symptoms. We'll see. But happy to get protection against both the orginal COVID strain and the BA.5

• Hook 'Em 2

I first had symptoms on the night of the 29th (last Monday), felt much better Friday (2nd), but haven’t taken another home test until today, because I’ve heard so many stories of people testing positive well after it had run its course (and I still have a small hacking cough). Well, tested negative this morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

dunno how to change my vote...but the 'rona finally got me 😝

fully vaxed and boosted, symptoms more mild than a bad cold...dry tickling cough, occasional sneeze, and just sleepy sleepy sleepy 😴 can handle this easy... biggest worry is losing taste or smell as that always sounded like it would suck.

anyway... i'm on the board finally 😜

ETA oh...pretty sure it was the NIN at Red Rocks Saturday night...2/5 of our party started symptoms/tested positive Sunday evening (they had gone to Friday show too), two more of us started feeling shitty Tuesday night. so yeah, probably.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1