Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

3:28 he had no idea where that ball was, 5:05 there was nothing more for him to do there and that was a very poor throw. If your expectation is he should be able to make a play on that ball then I’m going to assume you’ve never had to run and catch a football in your life.

3:28 you're correct, he didn't track the ball (which is a separate issue).

5:05 you're wrong, you can't stay on the ground and try to basket catch it at your chest on a competitive ball. That was a very bad receiver play. 

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

3:28 you're correct, he didn't track the ball (which is a separate issue).

5:05 you're wrong, you can't stay on the ground and try to basket catch it at your chest on a competitive ball. That was a very bad receiver play. 

I was commenting on the play that ended around the 5:05 mark. The play you are referring to I generally agree, I’d prefer to see Worthy attack the ball, but I wouldn’t say it was poor effort.

Also after the play at 3:28 Worthy lays out for the next two targets (drops one) and catches the other while also having his face mask pulled. But yeah the kid lacks effort. Also Worthy basket catches a bit too much for my liking. 

Edited by SarkAfterDark

On 12/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, immamac said:

Why would he spend what looks like we'll into the 6 figures on a jewelry piece only to change his number less than 1 month after delivery? Maybe I'm just the dumb one here. 

Gets full credit for money spent on #8 jewelry, when he upgrades it #1 ??

Jewelry stores do this a lot, and I'm often reminded about this around anniversaries, birthdays and Christmas... 🙄

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gets full credit for money spent on #8 jewelry, when he upgrades it #1 ??

Jewelry stores do this a lot, and I'm often reminded about this around anniversaries, birthdays and Christmas... 🙄

I guess once they’ve gotten you to purchase the diamonds, complimentary rearranging of said jewels is a no brainer.

The guy is tiny for a college football player.  And not in the Welker tiny but stout way.

So, a lot of what's perceived as "give up" is probably a combination of being bodied off routes and the ball and maybe a somewhat overcooked "sense of his own limitations."

We should probably ease up on him a little bit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:27 AM, Sock Monkey said:

I guess once they’ve gotten you to purchase the diamonds, complimentary rearranging of said jewels is a no brainer.

The stones aren’t diamonds.

they are Moissanites  or hi end Swarovski cz’s

the money is in the metal.

Easy to remelt and remake

hopefully like #1 next year…

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/21/2022 at 3:29 PM, Nivek said:

It isn't hate.  It is disappointment.   

nah, a whole bunch of people have talked mad shit about him on these boards. when everyone thought he was leaving for USC there was no shortage of, "good, fuck his lazy ass" type of posts. plenty of personal shit talk towards him throughout the season as well. lots of people here have been openly hating the guy for months. which would be a problem if he were a former highly rated prep QB from some suburban Texas powerhouse. But he's not, so it isn't. 

Edited by shadow_operative

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

nah, a whole bunch of people have talked mad shit about him on these boards. when everyone thought he was leaving for USC there was no shortage of, "good, fuck his lazy ass" type of posts. plenty of personal shit talk towards him throughout the season as well. lots of people here have been openly hating the guy for months. which would be a problem if he were a former highly rated prep QB from some suburban Texas powerhouse. But he's not, so it isn't. 

That is entirely possible.   I tend to filter out a bit of noise.   From what I saw, it was mostly disappointment because we have seen him play brilliantly, and when the QB needed more effort it wasn't there at times.   Some of that is on Sark for putting him into positions where he couldn't succeed.  Some of that was on Quinn for a poor throw.  Some of that is on the o-line for a hurried QB.   Which is on Sark as well. 

You seem to have this binary thinking about the situation and a strange disdain for Ewers or some high schools.   I can understand how that might matter to some kids in high school but beyond that?  I don't know, I am just different I guess.  

Anyway, Merry Christmas.  I hope it was good for you.  

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

There is a longer thread of people talking shit about the QB. What are you talking about?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

There is a longer thread of people talking shit about the QB. What are you talking about?

seriously? you're aware of the other thread(s) so i'm not sure why you need this explained, but ok: nobody ever cares whenever people shit-talk the likes of xavier worthy. when people talk shit about guys like ehlinger and ewers, ir in many cases are even just critical of them, then suddenly half the board takes issue. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

seriously? you're aware of the other thread(s) so i'm not sure why you need this explained, but ok: nobody ever cares whenever people shit-talk the likes of xavier worthy. when people talk shit about guys like ehlinger and ewers, ir in many cases are even just critical of them, then suddenly half the board takes issue. 

But you're taking issue with people talking shit about Worthy right now. 

And there has been plenty of back and forth on X. I think a lot if it is rooted in frustration because we know how good he can be. 

No one on the team is above criticism on this site. Sometimes it's justified and sometimes it isn't. Worthy has perhaps unjustifiably caught quite a bit of criticism here but a lot of it has to do with the way he carries himself. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I was one of them. The guy was clearly dogging it out there. We know that by simply comparing his effort level from last year to this year. Secondly, he came back at the same weight, which tells you everything you need to know about his offseason workout effort. 10-15lbs of muscle would've helped. He did absolutely NOTHING to address his biggest weakness. I am disappointed in him for not playing hard or coming into the season better than last year. He is a first round talent if he had J-Whitt's effort level. . 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

But you're taking issue with people talking shit about Worthy right now. 

i'm not taking issue with it, just pointing out that it happened. someone else said, "we don't hate him, we're just disappointed", and that's just not true. that's all i'm saying.

edit: i'm taking issue with the qbs being a protected class. 

Edited by shadow_operative

He is a small fast guy that gets bumped off of routes pretty easily but was incredibly misused because we really only had 2 WRs and one just completed his first healthy season. He is lightning quick and the moves he pulled on a few of those TDs were jaw dropping.

We need him on this team for his experience in the system and consistency. He is excellent as a 2 or 3 WR but not the go to guy. I really hope JWhitt comes back because we need his seniority in that room.

I was just curious what the reaction to his switch to 1 was. He’s always been 8 right? Johntay seems like the type to brush that off. But I seriously have to question the motivation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jinx said:

I was just curious what the reaction to his switch to 1 was. He’s always been 8 right? Johntay seems like the type to brush that off. But I seriously have to question the motivation. 

Some players want either zero or #1 for the notoriety that comes with those numbers.   

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm not taking issue with it, just pointing out that it happened. someone else said, "we don't hate him, we're just disappointed", and that's just not true. that's all i'm saying.
edit: i'm taking issue with the qbs being a protected class. 

So you moved on to just making things up. ThatGuy has been plenty critical of Ewers. You just seem to be one of those “it’s always the QBs fault” types. He should have hit Worthy in the palms of the hands not the fingers.

So many posters in here need to eat a bunch of crow. A lot of us have been highlighting the concerns with this dude for weeks if not months now yet there's always some "but he's so talented he makes the team better" bullshit getting posted. 

Wide receiver is so replaceable these days. We don't need this dude on the team. He can't catch a deep ball. His focus and effort is consistently questionable. The way he carries himself off the field is concerning. 

Give me a fucking break with the narrative that Texas would miss this guy. Texas should be able to drive down the street and get an equally impactful WR on campus. If Texas isn't able to do that it's an indictment on the coaching staff and not a point of favor for someone like Worthy. 

This is never going to be a winning program with guys like him in prominent positions. Anyone that can't see that needs a fucking reality check. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

So many posters in here need to eat a bunch of crow. A lot of us have been highlighting the concerns with this dude for weeks if not months now yet there's always some "but he's so talented he makes the team better" bullshit getting posted. 

Wide receiver is so replaceable these days. We don't need this dude on the team. He can't catch a deep ball. His focus and effort is consistently questionable. The way he carries himself off the field is concerning. 

Give me a fucking break with the narrative that Texas would miss this guy. Texas should be able to drive down the street and get an equally impactful WR on campus. If Texas isn't able to do that it's an indictment on the coaching staff and not a point of favor for someone like Worthy. 

This is never going to be a winning program with guys like him in prominent positions. Anyone that can't see that needs a fucking reality check. 

Yeah the best thing i heard all night was Sanders getting on his ass about the drop. At least Sanders has accountability. Worthy isn’t needed here. He can go and we can use that NIL on someone else. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That MacMillan guy for UW looked about 5x better than Worthy. He was selling out and catching all of Penix’s shitty passes.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is there a transfer portal declaration deadline?

Sark just signed a bunch of guys this week with Worthy's size and skillset. Even if Worthy stays, I won't be shocked if he's beaten out in fall camp for the starting wide receiver spot. Getting open doesn't mean shit if you can't catch or adjust to the ball

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Big Drop(s) Zay
  • immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound