Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

On 12/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, TwiceHorn said:

The guy is tiny for a college football player.  And not in the Welker tiny but stout way.

So, a lot of what's perceived as "give up" is probably a combination of being bodied off routes and the ball and maybe a somewhat overcooked "sense of his own limitations."

We should probably ease up on him a little bit.

Lol. No. He’s got so much to work on as far as ball awareness. For as many bad Quinn balls thrown his way, he leaves far more catches, yards and TDs on the table with drops and either lack of awareness on where the ball is or a total lack of effort to make a play. I’d rather have him, but if he doesn’t adjust his attitude and become a complete receiver, I’m fine with his departure. He lost the game tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Lol. No. He’s got so much to work on as far as ball awareness. For as many bad Quinn balls thrown his way, he leaves far more catches, yards and TDs on the table with drops and either lack of awareness on where the ball is or a total lack of effort to make a play. I’d rather have him, but if he doesn’t adjust his attitude and become a complete receiver, I’m fine with his departure. He lost the game tonight. 

I like how I was gently suggesting that some posters eat a little crow and then you quickly go for the jugular. 

These Surly streets are rough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/26/2022 at 4:40 PM, shadow_operative said:

i'm not taking issue with it, just pointing out that it happened. someone else said, "we don't hate him, we're just disappointed", and that's just not true. that's all i'm saying.

edit: i'm taking issue with the qbs being a protected class. 

Why don’t you fucking talk about Quinn in the appropriate thread?  I’m disappointed in X and have been most of this season. I don’t hate him. He is wasting his talent. And by the way, he totally let his team and suburban white QB down tonight. I can’t believe this far in this thread you’ve been permitted to drive your own anti-Sam, anti-Quinn agenda unchecked. You’re a buffoon. 

Honestly, he's going to get torched over the next few sports news cycles on social media and I don't wish any young man that.  

He took advantage of the hype and the karmic backlash is upon him.

He won't get a 'giant portal deal' and whatever deal he has here hopefully is going to be scrutinized and cut accordingly. 

These 'young men/student athletes' are getting ready to learn, the difficult way, that all things don't 'always go up'

A market correction is coming upon this portal nonsense and he might just be the face of that in the short term and, as much as I'm angry at the drops tonight and this season, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That's gonna suck and he's going to need to be super grounded and mature to endure such a thing

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Honestly, he's going to get torched over the next few sports news cycles on social media and I don't wish any young man that.  

He took advantage of the hype and the karmic backlash is upon him.

He won't get a 'giant portal deal' and whatever deal he has here hopefully is going to be scrutinized and cut accordingly. 

These 'young men/student athletes' are getting ready to learn, the difficult way, that all things don't 'always go up'

A market correction is coming upon this portal nonsense and he might just be the face of that in the short term and, as much as I'm angry at the drops tonight and this season, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That's gonna suck and he's going to need to be super grounded and mature to endure such a thing

Nah fuck that he's worth more than I am and I have a college degree and more life experience than he does.

He can take an L and learn from it. I'm sure he's worked hard to get to this point - he can keep working hard and readjust. 

I appreciate what these kids do but they are getting some insane perks right now. Them learning how to navigate that environment doesn't seem unfair to me. 

• Hook 'Em 7

• immamac changed the title to Big Drop(s) Zay
2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah fuck that he's worth more than I am and I have a college degree and more life experience than he does.

He can take an L and learn from it. I'm sure he's worked hard to get to this point - he can keep working hard and readjust. 

I appreciate what these kids do but they are getting some insane perks right now. Them learning how to navigate that environment doesn't seem unfair to me. 

Can you really say this with a straight face. He has dropped and not attempted to try catch passes all season. NIL or no he has driven his value down. 

20 minutes ago, wood said:

That ain't no shit. Against my better judgement I unwisely ventured into the CR and got eaten alive for agreeing the wrong way. Lesson learned. Buncha bitches.

No you weren’t. Get over it. Your auto sports info is awesome, and I appreciate it, but don’t bring your CR insecurities to a thread about an under achieving WR. 

3 minutes ago, Beer Horn said:

Can you really say this with a straight face. He has dropped and not attempted to try catch passes all season. NIL or no he has driven his value down. 

Can I say what with a straight face? I believe you might be misinterpreting my comment. 

1 hour ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

some fucking around with lists for 'brainstorming puroses only'

let's see who lost the most money, individually, during Q4 2022

1. SBF

2. The dip shit from 'Shark Tank'

3 'X'

still writing in pencil here, but there's a good outline to start with. 

Missing Elon. Otherwise list checks out.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, shadow_operative said:

nah, a whole bunch of people have talked mad shit about him on these boards. when everyone thought he was leaving for USC there was no shortage of, "good, fuck his lazy ass" type of posts. plenty of personal shit talk towards him throughout the season as well. lots of people here have been openly hating the guy for months. which would be a problem if he were a former highly rated prep QB from some suburban Texas powerhouse. But he's not, so it isn't. 

Yeah, good thing no one’s talked about Ewers’ sucking on this board.

Quite the attempt to shoehorn though.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

some fucking around with lists for 'brainstorming puroses only'

let's see who lost the most money, individually, during Q4 2022

1. SBF

2. The dip shit from 'Shark Tank'

3 'X'

still writing in pencil here, but there's a good outline to start with. 

You forgot Andrew Tate

and maybe Chris beard 

Edited by MotownHorn

17 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Nah, this isn’t the attitude anymore. If this were 2012 and these guys were still getting barely paid, then sure. I’d pump the amateurism, bled for the university sunshine all day. But this is the new era. 

If you want big boy money, you better make big boy plays. You wanted the business, so here’s the business treatment. Perform or get out. Have a bad game or two, sure. Get paid and be a great spokesperson for the university by showing unfettering love for Texas, sure. But Worthy has done neither of those things this season. His performance sucked and then he did all the transfer drama. 

He’s checking zero boxes, at this point. 

That's just the drama you see. It's a toxic cancer to the rest of the locker room. He's not treated special even though he feels like he's a cut above and entitled. 

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

That's just the drama you see. It's a toxic cancer to the rest of the locker room. He's not treated special even though he feels like he's a cut above and entitled. 

Well, shit, if that’s the case, is there any money left in the wreath fund to buy him a suitcase? We could put up a poll in the Southwest Airlines thread about which one is the best to buy for him and get a neutral color so he can slap whatever sticker of the team he’s going to on it. 

32 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Nah, this isn’t the attitude anymore. If this were 2012 and these guys were still getting barely paid, then sure. I’d pump the amateurism, bled for the university sunshine all day. But this is the new era. 

If you want big boy money, you better make big boy plays. You wanted the business, so here’s the business treatment. Perform or get out. Have a bad game or two, sure. Get paid and be a great spokesperson for the university by showing unfettering love for Texas, sure. But Worthy has done neither of those things this season. His performance sucked and then he did all the transfer drama. 

He’s checking zero boxes, at this point. 

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

B20B401F-5444-4029-8B7F-0A0EA65546E2.jpeg

Step 1 is getting this kid's eyes checked the way he reacts and fails to adjust to deep balls. I can't decide if it's his vision or courage. Probably both.

He either shapes up, or we can ship him out. Right now, he's not delivering on his supposed strength. 

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I like how he made a big deal about how he “finally feels like himself” after changing his number to 1 and then proceeded to have the worst game of his career. Karma is biting him in the ass big time for all that he’s been about since getting here. 

Oklahoma State was the worst game of his career. You guys just weren't seeing it clearly then. 

He even fucked up the best game of his career (OU ‘21) with a critical drop and a boneheaded KO return fumble that gifted them a TD during their comeback

Seems like he also muffed a critical punt trying to make a hero catch later in the season too….his fuckups are so frequent I might just be making that up

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I wouldn't go so far as to claim he lost the game, the lines getting their ass kicked/held killed the run game and made the game more difficult and Sark is a poor evaluator of talent on the team.   He seems to have some loyalty towards KRob, when he should be playing the best player, or maybe he was worried about turnovers and decided to go with the experienced back.   

Worthy,  I don't know.  Dude is just too small/weak to do the job and lacks the hands or heart.   Their WRs pick the ball up inches from the turf or leap up into the air to make the catch, and our guys cannot seem to reliably catch balls that hit them in the hands.  

I hope like hell he puts it together but damn, did he even practice?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

I’d rather have slower guys like Humphrey and Collin Johnson that can actually catch the ball and be reliable 

This is a big part of the problem. JWhitt and Worthy are not guys that excel at going to get the ball or making contested catches. WR corp doesn’t have that guy currently or nobody has shown that ability yet. Sark/Marion need to find that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This is a big part of the problem. JWhitt and Worthy are not guys that excel at going to get the ball or making contested catches. WR corp doesn’t have that guy currently or nobody has shown that ability yet. Sark/Marion need to find that guy. 

Contested catches?  Worthy can't catch uncontested balls.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Oklahoma State was the worst game of his career. You guys just weren't seeing it clearly then. 

I was at that game and it was even worse seeing it in person. He put in almost no effort on those deep balls. I feel bad for shitting on Quinn for that game because X was a big reason why his completion % was dog shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know what sark sees, but I see a receiver that needs to be running 7s, 9s, screens, and crosses. He still drops some of those, had one last night, but he’s much better with those routes where he is essentially facing the ball coming at him. He doesn’t do well with anything overhead or close to it like posts, seams, gos. 

any vertical routes for him should be called such that he is field side and deep, to create the most angle possible for him to receive the ball, and ask Quinn to flatten the throws.  Puts a lot of pressure on his arm that way. 

but it’s like his neck isn’t flexible enough to turn far enough around to pick the ball up in time to go to it. Or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

LJ and Collin were unafraid to use their size and go get balls. I also remember J Whitt high-pointing some contested balls in his career.... The problem I have with Worthy is really that he's our #1 guy and Quinn/Sark insist on feeding him like he's Roy Williams. 

He doesn't seem to run many routes, so I'm curious what happens if he's with us next year when Neyor takes his place as the guy who can go and get a deep ball. 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know what sark sees, but I see a receiver that needs to be running 7s, 9s, screens, and crosses. He still drops some of those, had one last night, but he’s much better with those routes where he is essentially facing the ball coming at him. He doesn’t do well with anything overhead or close to it like posts, seams, gos

any vertical routes for him should be called such that he is field side and deep, to create the most angle possible for him to receive the ball, and ask Quinn to flatten the throws.  Puts a lot of pressure on his arm that way. 

but it’s like his neck isn’t flexible enough to turn far enough around to pick the ball up in time to go to it. Or something. 

This made me laugh out loud. Good job man

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I remember when this site collectively pooled $10k last year to give to him as a reward for playing well through a shitty season, and he wouldn't pick up the phone. In hindsight that was a pretty big red flag. I am glad J Brooks got that money instead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound