Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

12 minutes ago, wood said:

I have no idea, but looked fast af in that video. Like eye-popping speed. Combined with the vision and incredible setup moves, he's lethal in space.

He looks like Jamal Charles.  Shifty swivel hips, quick acceleration, and enough top end speed to run away from everybody.

Can't find anything on his track times.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sometimes it is. Sometimes "I fucked up and I need to do better" is OK, too, though.
Someone, imo, needs to spend the next eight months with a Jugs passing machine, some tennis balls, and a knowledgeable trainer. He has the physical ability to make a lot of money but not if he can't even hold on to the equivalent of a long handoff. Could be wrong.

Jugs machine…..

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

God this is so wrong. Great is subjective but he was damn good and did dominate on many occasions.

It’s 100% correct and I 100% think Hermanator is a moron. CJ was merely okay here. His physical attributes and hype FAR outweighed his production, which was decent for a starter but nowhere near All-Conference territory. He was never the best receiver on his team. He was anything but “great” and frankly a disappointment. That’s why his draft stock absolutely plummeted. 

He lost the fanbase a while back with selfish “me” first attitude and it’s pretty clear he’s lost the trust and respect of his teammates.  Whether he was on the fence about transferring or not, he’s not really going to have a choice now.  Hard to be on a team when your teammates don’t respect you or want you on the team.  When was the last time you saw “star” player get chewed out by a teammate publicly during a game.  That display from Sanders wasn’t bc of his drops.  It probably how they entire team feels about about him.  Dudes are busting their ass playing for one another for limited opportunities while he bitches and complains with all the targets and attention he gets.  Just even outside of football, I hate being around people like that.

Our program will be better without him.  Pretty sure he’s like top 2 or 3 in NIL earnings and was demanding more with shit production and shit attitude.  We can get an elite proven WR for less than what he’s getting.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby Burton mentioned a little bit ago that Worthy has been playing with a broken bone in his hand.

Take that and run with it however you will. Just passing along the message.

Lmao… sure.  Sounds like something someone would say when they put together a shit season and probably doesn’t have the same financial offer in the portal he was getting at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby Burton mentioned a little bit ago that Worthy has been playing with a broken bone in his hand.

Why would a wide receiver play with a broken hand? I don't believe it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Awesome.  I'm sure when the hand heals up he will be able to start making an effort on contested or slightly misplaced balls.  We gucci here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Seems irrelevant. I saw him make some catches and tough runs last night. He didn't look incapable of catching the football or being on the same page with Quinn.

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby is an idiot and simply running cover for the team he makes money off of.  Everything is skewed to drive interest for next year's team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

6 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Nah, this isn’t the attitude anymore. If this were 2012 and these guys were still getting barely paid, then sure. I’d pump the amateurism, bled for the university sunshine all day. But this is the new era. 

If you want big boy money, you better make big boy plays. You wanted the business, so here’s the business treatment. Perform or get out. Have a bad game or two, sure. Get paid and be a great spokesperson for the university by showing unfettering love for Texas, sure. But Worthy has done neither of those things this season. His performance sucked and then he did all the transfer drama. 

He’s checking zero boxes, at this point. 

I meant to attach a gif indicating my sarcasm. But, alas, I was in the cups and unable to do that apparently. 

There is no excuse at this level. It’s not like he just had a bad game. He’s been a liability all season and doesn’t have enough pride or competitiveness to help out his quarterback. I used to think it was a timing issue and that he was just out of sync w/ QE. But it turns out it’s a lack of shits given on his part and it’s infuriating. I would have killed to make his kind of money at his age. At least 5 hookers. He has zero dog in him. Now Johntay, he has that dog. I’m looking forward to that. 

61ECCF2B-946B-45A6-8980-A0D466E2805A.gif

At this point the drops are undeniably fucking with him. It happens. To get back to where he was last year and not end up a death of despair statistic or some shit in a decade, this dude needs a mental reset. He put this pressure on himself and can’t take it. Now he accepts what happened and grows, or he crumbles. I’ll be shocked if he’s here next year 

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, victory88 said:

He lost the fanbase a while back with selfish “me” first attitude and it’s pretty clear he’s lost the trust and respect of his teammates.  Whether he was on the fence about transferring or not, he’s not really going to have a choice now.  Hard to be on a team when your teammates don’t respect you or want you on the team.  When was the last time you saw “star” player get chewed out by a teammate publicly during a game.  That display from Sanders wasn’t bc of his drops.  It probably how they entire team feels about about him.  Dudes are busting their ass playing for one another for limited opportunities while he bitches and complains with all the targets and attention he gets.  Just even outside of football, I hate being around people like that.

Our program will be better without him.  Pretty sure he’s like top 2 or 3 in NIL earnings and was demanding more with shit production and shit attitude.  We can get an elite proven WR for less than what he’s getting.

That's a whole lot of conjecture. Do we really know he bitches and complains all the time? That his teammates don't respect him? That he has a shit attitude? Honesty asking.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

At this point the drops are undeniably fucking with him. It happens. To get back to where he was last year and not end up a death of despair statistic or some shit in a decade, this dude needs a mental reset. He put this pressure on himself and can’t take it. Now he accepts what happened and grows, or he crumbles. I’ll be shocked if he’s here next year 

Agreed for the reasons you mentioned. I think he'll come to the conclusion that he needs a fresh start somewhere else to get back on track. 

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

I seem to recall his performance as underwhelming. Maybe I am wrong. Or maybe I am right and he learned to deal with DBs a bit better in the league. But I’ll defer to you here.

No you were right. In his 4 seasons here his best year was about on par numbers wise to what Worthy put up this year. His other 3 were way worse

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 1

I keep seeing rumors he is already out the door to USC. Weird. That decision couldn't have been made that fast.

Anyway we have 13 games on tv of him being on the sideline with his teammates. If somebody was pissed at him we would have probably seen something on film by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

He's the offense version of BJ Foster?

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He also said that had no affect on Worthy’s lack of ability to track the ball. He wasn’t excusing the performance at all 

At this point I've seen quite enough in 2 full seasons and one bowl game to know his reputation doesn't match actual production. Seems most of his fame came on the opening play of the '21 BlowU game, and it's been pretty hit or miss since then. I mean he had a lot of TD's this year, but the vast majority were 15 yards or less...as in RedZone TD's. He seems to be ok in the short passing game yet can't consistently catch deep balls...even ones dropped in perfectly by Quinn. Sanders and JWhitt were much better in the 20 yards and under passing game.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:

At this point I've seen quite enough in 2 full seasons and one bowl game to know his reputation doesn't match actual production. Seems most of his fame came on the opening play of the '21 BlowU game, and it's been pretty hit or miss since then. I mean he had a lot of TD's this year, but the vast majority were 15 yards or less...as in RedZone TD's. He seems to be ok in the short passing game yet can't consistently catch deep balls...even ones dropped in perfectly by Quinn. Sanders and JWhitt were much better in the 20 yards and under passing game.

He wasn't bad this year outside of some very bad drops and the OKST game where he appeared to just not even want to be in the game. His numbers matched the best season Collin Johnson had in 2018 minus about 100 yds. 

But you need better from your top receiver. If he can be the number 2 guy and motion him around while having an X receiver the defense has to worry about he can have a better season. He probably would do better not having the pressure of being the top receiver too. He's not mentally strong. 

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He wasn't bad this year outside of some very bad drops and the OKST game where he appeared to just not even want to be in the game. His numbers matched the best season Collin Johnson had in 2018 minus about 100 yds. 

But you need better from your top receiver. If he can be the number 2 guy and motion him around while having an X receiver the defense has to worry about he can have a better season. He probably would do better not having the pressure of being the top receiver too. He's not mentally strong. 

I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I would bet that Colin Johnson had his best season with way fewer targets. X regularly got 12-15 targets a game (including last night).

Maybe Zay is what he is and he isn’t a down field guy. Maybe he’s best operating on drags and outs 0-15 yards downfield. Makes me wonder if he would have been better playing with Neyor who could stretch the defense and open things ups little more underneath 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Rimbo said:

because we don't have a better receiver yet

moose out front should've told you

we are just now getting our recruiting classes back to where they haven't been in decades. that coaching you're blaming is a big part of that. no sark, no Arch. Arch will bring better receivers, just like Simms did.

Are you sure about that? Or is this another case of terrible player evaluation by the coaches? 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Are you sure about that? Or is this another case of terrible player evaluation by the coaches? 

...You mean the coaches who have had only two recruiting classes so far, only one of which has been on campus for the season?

C'mon, man.

• Like 1

Maybe Zay is what he is and he isn’t a down field guy. Maybe he’s best operating on drags and outs 0-15 yards downfield. Makes me wonder if he would have been better playing with Neyor who could stretch the defense and open things ups little more underneath 

Your takes. They are hot.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

How many more wins does Texas have this year if all the Worthy targets went to other receivers/running backs?  Keep in mind every loss Texas had were 1 score loses. It’s like Sark was bending over backwards to keep Worthy happy and he either sucked or was Mr bad attitude.  
I say…

Goodbye GIF

58 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Big ego, bad hands and no ability to adjust to a ball that isn’t perfectly thrown.  

I've had a boatload of questions about his performance, or lack thereof this year. First, has he had his vision checked? I ask this for 2 reasons, first is the obvious...he can't see shit. Secondly, and I've had experience with this, is that while running his vision blurs almost vibrating if you will. Third, we're all familiar with the term "throwing the receiver open". The third would explain a lot of WTF moments when  it seemed Ewers and Worthy were not on the same page and the ball hit the ground in Worthys' general area. If Worthy does not/cannot grasp this concept it would explain a lot.  Not trying to make excuses for him, it's just part of the WTF is going on state of mind I'm going through right now. 

15 hours ago, victory88 said:

Dead on.

15 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

It’s 100% correct and I 100% think Hermanator is a moron. CJ was merely okay here. His physical attributes and hype FAR outweighed his production, which was decent for a starter but nowhere near All-Conference territory. He was never the best receiver on his team. He was anything but “great” and frankly a disappointment. That’s why his draft stock absolutely plummeted. 

CJ = J Gray

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound