Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

57 minutes ago, victory88 said:

For those that love to speculate, Worthy had a picture of him in a Texas jersey pinned on his Instagram page as of yesterday.  He’s deleted it and again removed all Texas content from his social media.  He did this previously after the season ended when there was speculation he was transferring.

The first time the hot girl loses it it's captivating. Then it starts to get annoying. Then it pisses you off. Then you just stop paying attention.

What stage are we at with this?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

For those that love to speculate, Worthy had a picture of him in a Texas jersey pinned on his Instagram page as of yesterday.  He’s deleted it and again removed all Texas content from his social media.  He did this previously after the season ended when there was speculation he was transferring.

Look at me!! Look at me!!!

His mentors must be Terrell owens and Chad Johnson.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d rather have slower guys like Humphrey and Collin Johnson that can actually catch the ball and be reliable 

This. If you re-watch some of those games, Colin was worth about 10 points added to Ehlinger’s completion percentage resulting from amazing efforts on throws that were not really that good at all.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, scottsins said:

This. If you re-watch some of those games, Colin was worth about 10 points added to Ehlinger’s completion percentage resulting from amazing efforts on throws that were not really that good at all.

And Devin Duvernay 

And "little" Jordan Humphrey

In fact Ewers only has had Sanders and Whittington. Who the fuck else shows up big?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Get in the motherfucker X.  Your dumb bitchass doesn't even realize you're probably taking a paycut at this point.  After the other night I was indifferent on whether or not he came back but I'm going to be be pissed if he doesn't leave at this point.  He's not worth it.

9 minutes ago, scottsins said:

During a post-game interview earlier this season, X was discussing how many thousand balls he caught from a juggs machine every week. It just doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Juggs machine dont lob overhead deep balls.  Dude really needs to stick to crossing routes. 

Edited by 52-80
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

That gives him 16 drops in two years. Does this now put him in 2nd place in FBS?

I'm curious about this as well.  When ESPN posted that dropped passes stat for Worthy during the Alamo Bowl, that was the first time that remember seeing that...  pretty damaging stat for Worthy.

Mercenary prima donna receivers that can’t catch a football loose all of their bargaining power so the only thing they can do if scrub their social platforms to try to create some sense of urgency.  I saw more receivers aggressively go after footballs in last night’s Clemson game than X has done all year. 

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I saw more receivers aggressively go after footballs in last night’s Clemson game than X has done all year. 

I saw better WR play by Tech in their bowl game vs Ole Miss.

Coach Marion needs to do a much better job with his WR group in 2023 -- this past season the WR development and results were really disappointing...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

During a post-game interview earlier this season, X was discussing how many thousand balls he caught from a juggs machine every week. It just doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Did he mention how many he dropped?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

Get in the motherfucker X.  Your dumb bitchass doesn't even realize you're probably taking a paycut at this point.  After the other night I was indifferent on whether or not he came back but I'm going to be be pissed if he doesn't leave at this point.  He's not worth it.

Despite the accuracy of your point, he is still our #1 receiver. Replacing him depends on hope - whether we can portal someone, whether a freshman produces, and whether Neyor returns to form. And regardless of those unknowns, we still need second and third receivers.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Despite the accuracy of your point, he is still our #1 receiver. Replacing him depends on hope - whether we can portal someone, whether a freshman produces, and whether Neyor returns to form. And regardless of those unknowns, we still need second and third receivers.

Acknowledged.  I don't have the formula to quantify how good he has to be to justify his bullshit.  But based off his current production and the magnitude of his bitchassness, I don't see how you can keep him in the program.  JT going off on his ass illustrates that it's not just us message board nerds tired of his bull shit.  After the drops, there was a stretch where 4-5 passing plays were obviously called with the purpose of the ball going somewhere other than X, three of them to Casey fucking Cain.  It just sends a bad message to the team at this point if you keep him without him taking huge steps to be better / bought into the team.  Which yeah... him scrubbing all UT stuff of his social media account AGAIN isn't that step.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Not sure JT should be the one chastising anyone for dropping balls. A case can be made he cost us the OSU game with his drop as we were driving down to tie (maybe win) and he had 1-2 drops against TCU that were painful. 

Does anyone actually know the story about the argument? I had heard it was Brooks and JT. Just interested if anything has been reported on it and not just wild ass speculation

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

JT patiently waited his turn last season and despite mentioned drops, has stepped up and balled out when given the opportunity. 

Someone correct me if my memory is off here but-  X waited until the last minute of portal window and threated to leave unless we upped his deal.  Has given sorry ass effort all season which is well documented.  And today, for the second time in last three months, has scrubbed all UT related references from his social media either to drum up suspense and/or because he's a little dramatic bitchass.

It's not just about the dropped balls.  It's not just about him regressing this season.  It's about him being a shitty, one foot out the door teammate for well over a year now.  

Oh, I agree 100% about taking JT’s attitude/effort over Worthy’s bitchassedness, but this (potentially fictitious) sideline ruckus was about JT supposedly getting into Worthy’s face about dropped balls.  

Edited by EZ$

Just now, EZ$ said:

Oh, I agree 100% about taking JT’s attitude/effort over Worthy’s bitchassedness, but this (potentially fictitious) sideline ruckus was about supposedly JT getting into Worthy’s face about dropped balls.  

My point is I don't think JT is getting in Roschon or Bijan or even Gunnar fucking Helm's face if they drop the exact same two balls.  Obviously 100% speculation on my part but I see this as frustration boiling over from Xavier never being fully bought into the team.  Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:58 AM, hookem17 said:

Can someone paraphrase what was said in this post? I’m presuming it’s a Worthy social media entry.

And what’s the basis behind the “Sanders ripped Worthy on the sidelines” take? Something the bald fuck sideline reporter said during the broadcast? I tuned him out after he commented that You know, Ewers really isn’t that bad a kid once you meet him, this perception we had that he’s a total dickhead didn’t match the person we met. All I’ve ever seen from QE is a humble kid with shit for styling, but maybe they just read aggy sites, being the SEC crew. (But that’s another thread…)

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

Can someone go comment "Get in the mutha-fucka!" on his page. 

Don't know if he is actually a locker room cancer, but he has to be a distraction by now. At the pre game presser he really came across as a lot less focused than the other guys.

Looks like he is either unhappy here for some reason or out looking for the best cash offer. Either way he seems to have turned himself into an "addition by subtraction" kind of guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Whether it’s destroying Lendy Holmes, putting the dagger in Ohio State, the 3d down catch and facemask penalty against USC, or whatever else, one can’t overstate how much ass Quan F Cosby kicked. 

Pretty sure he fumbled the ball that game and had the presence of mind to swat it out of bounds before anyone could get to it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound