Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

I hope USC or whoever pays handsomely for his services.  
He needs to get his shit together and decide if he’s serious about playing WR in the NFL.  I don’t think he’s gonna like the outcome if he doesn’t make some drastic changes in the way he plays.  I know. Ice cold take.    

7 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I hope USC or whoever pays handsomely for his services.  
He needs to get his shit together and decide if he’s serious about playing WR in the NFL.  I don’t think he’s gonna like the outcome if he doesn’t make some drastic changes in the way he plays.  I know. Ice cold take.    

Main problem is that he is a

P.U.N.K.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So does everyone hate on the kid because they know he is a cancer/difficult in practice/not a great team player because they have first hand knowledge of that stuff or is it just the fact that the kid upped his NIL offer  using USC last year and drops too many passes?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, deech said:

So does everyone hate on the kid because they know he is a cancer/difficult in practice/not a great team player because they have first hand knowledge of that stuff or is it just the fact that the kid upped his NIL offer  using USC last year and drops too many passes?

See the source image

43 minutes ago, deech said:

For me it started when X came back for a second campaign weighing the amount he did last year. I was like Uh Oh. Showed he didn't feel the need to work on his body, which shows you exactly who/what he is. Imagine thinking 160lbs is good enough to play at this level when you are 6'0. Devonta Smith, the kid who sold X on Sark, was exactly the same 160lbs X was coming out of high school. By the start of his freshman year he was 165lbs, a weight X still has yet to get to. Smith then gained another 7lbs by his soph yr, and finished at 175lbs by the time he left. 

My second issue that shows a lack of work ethic is that X came in basket/cradle catching the football, and in year two he is still uncomfortable/unwilling to catch with his hands. By now you should've worked on your hands so much with the Jugs machine that catching with your hands is muscle memory. That shows an unwillingness to change as well as not being coachable. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I'm curious about this as well.  When ESPN posted that dropped passes stat for Worthy during the Alamo Bowl, that was the first time that remember seeing that...  pretty damaging stat for Worthy.

Very happy and hope to see drops in the stats, kickers have to deal with that number of misses, it’s about reality. Like YAC. 

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

- Is he a locker room cancer?

Don't know and, if it doesn't manifest in front of me via public discontent or poor on-field performance from the team or sideline bullshit, I don't care. That's why Sark is paid many millions. He can manage that shit.

- Is he "using USC" to up his NIL.

Again, I don't care as long as I don't see it. If he handles all that behind the scenes and keeps the normal "I LOVE TEXAS!" facade up, we don't care. In fact, we clamor for our money men to write him his check.

But this kid thinks the people who comment on his corny Insta posts matter more in terms of money and longevity than maintaining the love of the wider fanbase. He should talk to Earl and Vince and Ricky about that.

- Is it because he drops too many passes?

Bijan fumbles away the Tech game, and we don't hold it against him.
Xavier drops some passes, and we hold it against him.

Why? It's pretty simple.

Bijan Insta
Xavier Insta

If you love me, I'll love you back. If you don't, I won't. And you can only violate that if you're irreplaceable. And Worthy, baby, you are not anywhere close to irreplaceable.

Trust me, we can get another goofy-ass duckfooted kid to stand in front of a yellow Corvette and flash fake gang signs at a gas pump and also drop clutch passes. That isn't hard to find.

I WANT to love Worthy, trust me, I do. But he's got to give me something in return, either production or loyalty. Give me neither and what reason do I have?

I could’ve done without seeing X’s insta

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- Is he a locker room cancer?

Don't know and, if it doesn't manifest in front of me via public discontent or poor on-field performance from the team or sideline bullshit, I don't care. That's why Sark is paid many millions. He can manage that shit.

- Is he "using USC" to up his NIL.

Again, I don't care as long as I don't see it. If he handles all that behind the scenes and keeps the normal "I LOVE TEXAS!" facade up, we don't care. In fact, we clamor for our money men to write him his check.

But this kid thinks the people who comment on his corny Insta posts matter more in terms of money and longevity than maintaining the love of the wider fanbase. He should talk to Earl and Vince and Ricky about that.

- Is it because he drops too many passes?

Bijan fumbles away the Tech game, and we don't hold it against him.
Xavier drops some passes, and we hold it against him.

Why? It's pretty simple.

Bijan Insta
Xavier Insta

If you love me, I'll love you back. If you don't, I won't. And you can only violate that if you're irreplaceable. And Worthy, baby, you are not anywhere close to irreplaceable.

Trust me, we can get another goofy-ass duckfooted kid to stand in front of a yellow Corvette and flash fake gang signs at a gas pump and also drop clutch passes. That isn't hard to find.

I WANT to love Worthy, trust me, I do. But he's got to give me something in return, either production or loyalty. Give me neither and what reason do I have?

Username. Spot on! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Worthy is just very immature. He needs tough love, not coddling. Maybe he should transfer to Colorado and Deon can whip him into shape mentally or he won’t sniff the NFL.

I don't know about that.  I think he needs to get the DBs and Ewers out there to work on catching the damn ball and catching the ball when someone blows him up or is in a position to fight for it.   All the yelling or praise in the world won't mean shit if he doesn't work on catching the fucking ball.   

Serious question….but does the kid need glasses? Ya the drops on tosses right in the bread basket are infuriating…but the more peculiar ones are seeing him gain some separation, ball is airborne….then falls harmlessly to the ground within 30 inches of him and he’s made exactly zero effort to adjust the route. Like…..he never saw it. Maybe he needs corrective lenses and is too proud to wear them 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, rungeflash said:

Serious question….but does the kid need glasses? Ya the drops on tosses right in the bread basket are infuriating…but the more peculiar ones are seeing him gain some separation, ball is airborne….then falls harmlessly to the ground within 30 inches of him and he’s made exactly zero effort to adjust the route. Like…..he never saw it. Maybe he needs corrective lenses and is too proud to wear them 

You'd think the coaches would make them have eye exams as part of the process. In Worthy's case I'd add an ENT, a Psychiatrist, and possibly a Oncologist for Brian Piccolo disease.

12 minutes ago, rungeflash said:

According to his jock-sniffers this is a figment of your imagination.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand why people are frustrated with him, but how about we stop shitting on him until he’s actually gone. If I had to guess, I’d assume the coaches are giving him through spring practice to shape up. If he doesn’t, he’s cut off. Perhaps we give him the same timeline. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know about that.  I think he needs to get the DBs and Ewers out there to work on catching the damn ball and catching the ball when someone blows him up or is in a position to fight for it.   All the yelling or praise in the world won't mean shit if he doesn't work on catching the fucking ball.   

Maybe he’s already doing that but if not, sounds like a maturity issue.

11 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

I understand why people are frustrated with him, but how about we stop shitting on him until he’s actually gone. If I had to guess, I’d assume the coaches are giving him through spring practice to shape up. If he doesn’t, he’s cut off. Perhaps we give him the same timeline. 

Kobe Bryant What GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

This. Seriously. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

4 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

This. Seriously. 

Wait, y'all think that Xavier Worthy cares about the fans? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Wait, y'all think that Xavier Worthy cares about the fans? 

Athletes don’t give a flying fuck what message board posters think I’m so unsure what this question is trying to prove. The point here is that sentiment on this thread has reached Bru McCoy levels and X is still on  the team. Bunch of miserable fucks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Athletes don’t give a flying fuck what message board posters think I’m so unsure what this question is trying to prove. The point here is that sentiment on this thread has reached Bru McCoy levels and X is still on  the team. Bunch of miserable fucks.

So the point is that you want people to stop doing something that doesn't matter to anyone? You sure you're not the miserable one? 

• Haha 1

I'd rather he play somewhere else because our staff appears unwilling to bench him and I imagine that frustrates the hell out of the rest of the WR room. I know it frustrates me and I'm not the one getting fucked out of some playing time because of some promise made a player who, on top of lacking production and skill at his position, is somewhat of a pain in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

I'd rather he play somewhere else because our staff appears unwilling to bench him and I imagine that frustrates the hell out of the rest of the WR room. I know it frustrates me and I'm not the one getting fucked out of some playing time because of some promise made a player who, on top of lacking production and skill at his position, is somewhat of a pain in the ass.

Nahlin has mentioned this multiple times in the last few videos with Bobby that there are teammates that don’t want him back even if the coaches want him back.  He also mentioned there are guys that are frustrated they get benched and get limited opportunities for any mistake and he keeps playing regardless of how my poor routes, drops and effort he displays.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

You'd think the coaches would make them have eye exams as part of the process. In Worthy's case I'd add an ENT, a Psychiatrist, and possibly a Oncologist for Brian Piccolo disease.

You neglected to mention a gynecologist for his sandy vag.

Nahlin has mentioned this multiple times in the last few videos with Bobby that there are teammates that don’t want him back even if the coaches want him back.  He also mentioned there are guys that are frustrated they get benched and get limited opportunities for any mistake and he keeps playing regardless of how my poor routes, drops and effort he displays.  
This has been one of my biggest issues with Sark and company. No accountability for guys like Worthy. Eventually that shit will poison the team and it won't matter who you recruit in.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't buy the idea that better players don't play because of "promises made". I think the coaches genuinely believe the guys that they put out there are the best options for winning. For better or worse.

Am I naive?

If my generational wealth paycheck rides on winning, I do my best to win. 

I suspect, though I am not in the room when the decision is made, that the decision would be something like “Worthy with questionable hands gives us a better chance to win over the course of game than the alternative.”

Then again, I didn’t believe Brown promised that Simms would start, so maybe I also am naive. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't buy the idea that better players don't play because of "promises made". I think the coaches genuinely believe the guys that they put out there are the best options for winning. For better or worse.

Am I naive?

You are. Sark and everyone on earth knew it was time for Ewers to take a series or 2 off during OSU or TCU and in one of those in the post game presser Sark actually said it wouldn't have been fair to out that on Hudson. It's why card transferred. Irreperable damage and fractured trust. I don't understand why people think Sark is a good guy. He's a shit head. He's a bad head coach. He favors Xavier because he's a moron. Casey Cain proved he should have played and been targeted way more Thursday. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are. Sark and everyone on earth knew it was time for Ewers to take a series or 2 off during OSU or TCU and in one of those in the post game presser Sark actually said it wouldn't have been fair to out that on Hudson. It's why card transferred. Irreperable damage and fractured trust. I don't understand why people think Sark is a good guy. He's a shit head. He's a bad head coach. He favors Xavier because he's a moron. Casey Cain proved he should have played and been targeted way more Thursday. 

Your argument is that it’s simple incompetence. That’s different from knowing the right answer and ignoring it for some external reason. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Your argument is that it’s simple incompetence. That’s different from knowing the right answer and ignoring it for some external reason. 

Oh like knowing Jett Bush sucks balls and should never see the field or that taafe isnt a fucking scholarship player? 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would think he favors Worthy because he is one of the better players on our entire team, and no doubt the best WR on the roster. He was bad in the bowl game, no doubt about that, but the kid didn't have a terrible season, and had one of the most stellar freshman seasons at WR that we have seen in some time. We see sophomore slumps in college football all the time, not sure why some of you are ready to write Worthy off as a finished product. I hope he comes back and both him and Ewers have a monster year next year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Oh like knowing Jett Bush sucks balls and should never see the field or that taafe isnt a fucking scholarship player? 

I get it. You think he’s too stupid to run a high school team. I guess you’ll just have to buckle down and ride it out until the recruits gain this knowledge and stop coming so that the team implodes and he’s inevitably run out of town as a failure. 

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I get it. You think he’s too stupid to run a high school team. I guess you’ll just have to buckle down and ride it out until the recruits gain this knowledge and stop coming so that the team implodes and he’s inevitably run out of town as a failure. 

They will keep coming as long as there is significant NIL flowing. I'd love to see how much shit you all talk without burnt ends, horns with heart, Clark field, Pinkertons and a few other key programs/donors that have actually been the difference makers in keeping the team and recruiting from imploding. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I would think he favors Worthy because he is one of the better players on our entire team, and no doubt the best WR on the roster. He was bad in the bowl game, no doubt about that, but the kid didn't have a terrible season, and had one of the most stellar freshman seasons at WR that we have seen in some time. We see sophomore slumps in college football all the time, not sure why some of you are ready to write Worthy off as a finished product. I hope he comes back and both him and Ewers have a monster year next year. 

I agree with all of this.

For all his drops on the field, he's electric. He gets open. His potential is really high and he's my #1 choice for guy catching easy passes and then tasked with making yards after the catch. A dream scenario is Ewers balling out with a Heisman and Worthy balling out with a Biletnikoff. Records broken. A yellow C8 Z07. A national championship won on a long ball caught in traffic by Worthy who then holds up a sign in the endzone that says, "bad_teammate is a ho".

Please! Make it happen!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

They will keep coming as long as there is significant NIL flowing. I'd love to see how much shit you all talk without burnt ends, horns with heart, Clark field, Pinkertons and a few other key programs/donors that have actually been the difference makers in keeping the team and recruiting from imploding. 

What am I talking shit about?

I contribute to some of that. Frankly, the only thing that’s stopped me from contributing to Burnt Ends is you and your superior attitude related to it. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Manning’s still signed off on Texas and Sark, or are they idiots now too? Don’t think they would send their kid to a failing program

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Manning’s still signed off on Texas and Sark, or are they idiots now too? Don’t think they would send their kid to a failing program

Arch didn't need daddy uncle or grandaddy permission to do fucking anything and he knows that. This program isn't failing, it's middling at worst, which at Texas is unacceptable Manning or not. 

19 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

What am I talking shit about?

I contribute to some of that. Frankly, the only thing that’s stopped me from contributing to Burnt Ends is you and your superior attitude related to it. 

Sounds like more of that loser talk.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Well that escalated quickly. I missed when you soured on Sark. Was it because he yelled at that Alamo Bowl staffer for touching his tits?

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound