Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Those assholes. You could see the resentment from everyone else when it was announced. Unreal. 

When you're trying to turn over a roster and improve talent from top to bottom giving a scholarship to a walk on instead of using that for a portal player/HS recruit is stupid. But hey it got some clicks for the video am I right?

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

Well that escalated quickly. I missed when you soured on Sark. Was it because he yelled at that Alamo Bowl staffer for touching his tits?

I'm pretty sure it was when we went 5-7, when Sark was hired without a search process because the BoR chair "how about that Sark guy," or when we blew the Tech/Oklahoma State games this year when we had no business losing either of those game but shit coaching decisions cost us, or when he lost to Kansas at home. But hey he's a recovering alcoholic and that's a feel good story that we can all be happy about. :)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When you're trying to turn over a roster and improve talent from top to bottom giving a scholarship to a walk on instead of using that for a portal player/HS recruit is stupid. But hey it got some clicks for the video am I right?

Sure, it’s stupid. Sarkisian is a dumbass who doesn’t understand scholarship numbers, how many he has, how many he’s going to use, and he’s the first to do something like this in such a situation. A clear indication he’s in over his head. Let’s just ride out what little time he has remaining and hope for someone with a clearer understanding of managing a roster and a locker room until the next guy gets here. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Arch didn't need daddy uncle or grandaddy permission to do fucking anything and he knows that. This program isn't failing, it's middling at worst, which at Texas is unacceptable Manning or not. 

People forget quickly the shit show that Sark inherited and had to dig out of. We had two bad losses this season, the other three were to top 10 teams and are at least somewhat understandable. Last year we had 5 bad losses. I think next season is the first in over a decade where 10 wins and a ccg appearance are realistic expectations. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Nahlin has mentioned this multiple times in the last few videos with Bobby that there are teammates that don’t want him back even if the coaches want him back.  He also mentioned there are guys that are frustrated they get benched and get limited opportunities for any mistake and he keeps playing regardless of how my poor routes, drops and effort he displays.  

I listen to Bobby and Nahlin's "State of the Program" every week and I've never heard him say anything like this. On top of that, I've never heard him reveal such scathing info about any player ever. They're very measured that way.

So I call bullshit on this. Post the link/timestamp where Nahlin said anything remotely close to this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

You are. Sark and everyone on earth knew it was time for Ewers to take a series or 2 off during OSU or TCU and in one of those in the post game presser Sark actually said it wouldn't have been fair to out that on Hudson. It's why card transferred. Irreperable damage and fractured trust. I don't understand why people think Sark is a good guy. He's a shit head. He's a bad head coach. He favors Xavier because he's a moron. Casey Cain proved he should have played and been targeted way more Thursday. 

I don’t think sark is a bad guy. He is just not very bright. 

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

People forget quickly the shit show that Sark inherited and had to dig out of. We had two bad losses this season, the other three were to top 10 teams and are at least somewhat understandable. Last year we had 5 bad losses. I think next season is the first in over a decade where 10 wins and a ccg appearance are realistic expectations. 

You mean other than the time we were in the CCG with Tom Herman and the Horns humiliated Georgia so much that they pretended they didn't spend a month shit-talking and disrespecting Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

People forget quickly the shit show that Sark inherited and had to dig out of.

Baylor went from 2 wins to conference Champs. TCU went from 5 wins to the national title game. This has all happened during Sark's tenure and those coaches had lesser players.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Baylor went from 2 wins to conference Champs. TCU went from 5 wins to the national title game. This has all happened during Sark's tenure and those coaches had lesser players.

Baylor went from 2 to conference champs to 6. Now what?

What’s your O/U on TCU wins next season?

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

I listen to Bobby and Nahlin's "State of the Program" every week and I've never heard him say anything like this. On top of that, I've never heard him reveal such scathing info about any player ever. They're very measured that way.

So I call bullshit on this. Post the link/timestamp where Nahlin said anything remotely close to this.

Watch the last live video with Gerry, Bobby, and Eric.  I’m not going to listen the the hour long video again to find it.  You can look for it, he said it and he also referenced it in another video prior.

Then Gerry said something along the lines of “if you want more NIL, catch some more balls”.  

Edited by victory88

7 hours ago, rungeflash said:

Serious question….but does the kid need glasses? Ya the drops on tosses right in the bread basket are infuriating…but the more peculiar ones are seeing him gain some separation, ball is airborne….then falls harmlessly to the ground within 30 inches of him and he’s made exactly zero effort to adjust the route. Like…..he never saw it. Maybe he needs corrective lenses and is too proud to wear them 

These are the plays where I want hit him with the vaunted steel folding chair!

And the announcers will say “Another overthrow from Quinn Ewers.” and I’m thinking…

BITCH! What the fuck are you talking about? That is not an “overthrow”. That is a shitting fucking wide receiver who is either lazy as fuck or literally fucking regarded!!

That shit is much worse than the drops because he could pick up 2 to 3 Pass Interference calls against the defense every week if he weren’t so fucking regarded.

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Insta now gone.

His IG seems to still be functioning…

10867F3A-0886-4509-A30F-FA69A94A0456.thumb.png.03f1c3919344dfbcb7d6db705d4b20e7.png

…as is my feed of important posts upon going to the IG homepage.

14878416-1064-46C3-BD7E-9C815D475B17.thumb.jpeg.ccee03c5db7fefab436b25f57390b800.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

Just now, JFKFC said:

No idea. Regardless, if they go winless, they are still ahead of us. Sark could be a coach for 5 lifetimes and he isn't taking us to a national title game.

I don’t agree that one year of lightning in a bottle is a worthwhile goal. 

You, apparently, think 2 wins to conference title and back to 6 wins is some kind of defensible path. I don’t think it is. 

Whatever you think of Sarkisian, your idea of “still ahead” isn’t the same as mine. 

We’ll see if you’re right about Sarkisian but I think you’re definitely wrong about desirable trajectories. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/31/2022 at 6:05 PM, Doc Daneeka said:

Whether it’s destroying Lendy Holmes, putting the dagger in Ohio State, the 3d down catch and facemask penalty against USC, or whatever else, one can’t overstate how much ass Quan F Cosby kicked. 

He's a super nice dude too.  Shows up to a lot of Texas Exes functions and will talk football and drink beer afterward every time.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

I’ll take Texas reg season win total vs TCU reg season win total next season for any amount of money you are willing to wager.  

As a Yankee fan I cant believe some of the takes here. Give me a conference title or CFP appearance sandwiched between 2 losing seasons over 3 straight winning seasons with no hardware every single time. The Yankees are the winningest team in the MLB over the past decade. No one knows or cares because they haven’t won shit. The Sox have had a bunch of losing seasons in that time frame but 2 World Series titles as well. Banners hang forever. No one gives a shit that you won a lot of games if you don’t have anything to show for it.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Arch didn't need daddy uncle or grandaddy permission to do fucking anything and he knows that. This program isn't failing, it's middling at worst, which at Texas is unacceptable Manning or not. 

Sounds like more of that loser talk.

Of course you didn’t answer the question. 

There is nothing “loser” about it. The money just goes to other NIL projects instead. No harm or loss to Texas. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm pretty sure it was when we went 5-7, when Sark was hired without a search process because the BoR chair "how about that Sark guy," or when we blew the Tech/Oklahoma State games this year when we had no business losing either of those game but shit coaching decisions cost us, or when he lost to Kansas at home. But hey he's a recovering alcoholic and that's a feel good story that we can all be happy about. :)

...and that's fair, and agreed upon by many.

Baylor went from 2 to conference champs to 6. Now what?

What’s your O/U on TCU wins next season?

Both Baylor and TCU had senior laden rosters full of guys that got or will get drafted. Baylor fell off a cliff the next season. Jumping up and having a single great season is one thing. Building a consistent juggernaut is another. If TCU wins more than 8 next year I will be surprised.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You mean other than the time we were in the CCG with Tom Herman and the Horns humiliated Georgia so much that they pretended they didn't spend a month shit-talking and disrespecting Texas.  

Can we discuss where the program would be today had the refs not been very pro-OU that day?

Damn we should have had 11 wins.

8 hours ago, rungeflash said:

Serious question….but does the kid need glasses? Ya the drops on tosses right in the bread basket are infuriating…but the more peculiar ones are seeing him gain some separation, ball is airborne….then falls harmlessly to the ground within 30 inches of him and he’s made exactly zero effort to adjust the route. Like…..he never saw it. Maybe he needs corrective lenses and is too proud to wear them 

I don't think it's that important.

wild thing.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Our roster and TCU/Baylor isn't remotely comparable and "lesser players" is highly debatable.

Example, The average age of TCUs oline is twenty three. Baylor's experience level two years ago was the same anomaly of old ass fucking players.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Watched the game again this afternoon, X would have had a pretty nice game without his 3 drops. One was a sure TD, another had good odds to be one. Can't blame the loss on a single player, but if he catches just two of those drops we most likely win the game and go into the off season with a positive buzz.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

As a Yankee fan I cant believe some of the takes here. Give me a conference title or CFP appearance sandwiched between 2 losing seasons over 3 straight winning seasons with no hardware every single time. The Yankees are the winningest team in the MLB over the past decade. No one knows or cares because they haven’t won shit. The Sox have had a bunch of losing seasons in that time frame but 2 World Series titles as well. Banners hang forever. No one gives a shit that you won a lot of games if you don’t have anything to show for it.

The real reason no one cares is because it’s baseball

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Both Baylor and TCU had senior laden rosters full of guys that got or will get drafted. Baylor fell off a cliff the next season. Jumping up and having a single great season is one thing. Building a consistent juggernaut is another. If TCU wins more than 8 next year I will be surprised.

Which was exactly my point. These are bad examples by someone who would be furious if Texas had two losing seasons out of three. He makes people who cherry pick blush. 

9 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I don’t agree that one year of lightning in a bottle is a worthwhile goal. 

We’ll see if you’re right about Sarkisian but I think you’re definitely wrong about desirable trajectories. 

You seem to value process over results. I don't. 

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

If TCU doesn't win it all they will have no hardware either....

It’s worth noting that you think this guy with this record is going to kill it every year but Sarkisian is a dead man walking. 

For any coach that stays with Texas for 3+ years, if they can win 1 national title, I would call that a success. If they can get to a national title game, I am whelmed. If Sark accomplishes what Dykes has accomplished at TCU, I will tip my cap and admit I was wrong. Unfortunately, I am more likely to win the Mega Millions than for Sark to get to a title game, process be damned. 

For any coach that stays with Texas for 3+ years, if they can win 1 national title, I would call that a success. If they can get to a national title game, I am whelmed. If Sark accomplishes what Dykes has accomplished at TCU, I will tip my cap and admit I was wrong. Unfortunately, I am more likely to win the Mega Millions than for Sark to get to a title game, process be damned. 

If those are your standards, you’re certainly welcome to them.

How much crow are you going to eat when Sark gets fired finally? Or are you just going to pretend you never made these posts or quit the website. 

None. The odds are pretty high that he will eventually be fired rather than retire on the job.

I won’t pretend I didn’t make posts after his second season saying that it looks like he’s building a team and roster that can succeed.

Maybe it will all implode and all the talent he’s stacking will go to waste. I doubt it. I think he’ll have Texas competing for conference titles and playoffs spots pretty regularly. If I’m wrong, it won’t be the first time.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

This whole past performance is not indicative of future results shtick is really annoying me. That is true in gambling not in actual things that require skill and are measurable. 

Past results are absolutely an indication of future success and Sark has nothing pointing in the direction of future success, yet here you are saying we are going to be playoff contenders and competing for conference titles. Lmao. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

How much crow are you going to eat when Sark gets fired finally? Or are you just going to pretend you never made these posts or quit the website. 

He doesn't care about results. He cares about the process. He is like an aggie. In his mind, our signing-day victories mean more than Baylor winning the conference or TCU playing for a national title. 

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound