Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

14 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Lol, but we’re not. We are hated and despised across the board.

Agree. Texas is one of those blue blood, iconic teams that fires up the opponents/fans like almost no other. Same with Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Bama, and a few others. Plus, like California, Texas is a giant mythic state and the Longhorns symbolize that no matter what.

Add on iconic helmet and burnt orange, iconic Bevo, and a general winning tradition/legacy with titles (despite the current desert).

When UT heads to SEC and shows up on Saturday in the Deep South, every stadium will be packed, jacked, and rocking. The city/campus will be rocking for a few days before. Opposing coaches/players will be fired up massively. It will not be just another game. Big, bad, arrogant Texas is in town and the locals will be in a frenzy to break off Bevo's horns and mount them on their goal posts. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Honestly it sucks that he drops balls but I’ve seen so many receivers drop passes the past few days in every game it doesn’t really seem to be a reason to get rid of him.  He just can’t be your number one receiver. And even with drops as of right now he is still our best receiver.  

I don’t care that he tries to get the most NIL money he can get.  That’s what he is supposed to do.  

I think it’s silly that he scrubs his instagram but I’m not a kid and I don’t follow players stalking their every e-move.  

What does bother me are the reports that he gets preferential treatment from the staff.  Now that will sour team chemistry.  NIL status shouldn’t bleed into team activities.   Don’t know if the rumors are true or not since I only saw them after he had the bad game so we know how that goes.  I wouldn’t doubt them though as it seems the staff does play favorites.  

We can yell and scream at Worthy or any other player all we want but it’s the staff that enables them to do what they do.  

Edited by GTJ1982

47 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

the reports that he gets preferential treatment from the staff.  Now that will sour team chemistry.

Are there reports of such? I very likely may have missed them, can you tell me the origin of the report?

If not, then this isn't much more valuable than a rumor begun with "I have a buddy close to the tu program."

Also, I think you separate the various aspects of the fans turn against Worthy and don't consider them together.

If Worthy's only issue were that he is a great receiving threat who drops or can't find catchable balls, then he'd certainly be worth holding onto.

If his only issue were that he wanted the NIL deal, same thing.

If his only issue were that he wasn't a good teammate and selfish, again, same thing.

He is a great receiving threat who misses too many catchable balls, believes he worth more money than we think he is, and seems to be a very poor teammate. Add that he threatens to leave hoping for even more money, and you have a player that thinks he can deliver an ultimatum (pay me more or I'm gone) and get what he wants.

Fuck him if he wants to go. Bye.

If there is team sentiment against him, push him out the door.

If he drops the ultimatum and becomes a team guy (yea, that happens all the time with prima donnas), sure, Xay, stay and let's work on your skills.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/3/2023 at 9:40 AM, RomaVicta said:

Are there reports of such? I very likely may have missed them, can you tell me the origin of the report?

If not, then this isn't much more valuable than a rumor begun with "I have a buddy close to the tu program."

Also, I think you separate the various aspects of the fans turn against Worthy and don't consider them together.

If Worthy's only issue were that he is a great receiving threat who drops or can't find catchable balls, then he'd certainly be worth holding onto.

If his only issue were that he wanted the NIL deal, same thing.

If his only issue were that he wasn't a good teammate and selfish, again, same thing.

He is a great receiving threat who misses too many catchable balls, believes he worth more money than we think he is, and seems to be a very poor teammate. Add that he threatens to leave hoping for even more money, and you have a player that thinks he can deliver an ultimatum (pay me more or I'm gone) and get what he wants.

Fuck him if he wants to go. Bye.

If there is team sentiment against him, push him out the door.

If he drops the ultimatum and becomes a team guy (yea, that happens all the time with prima donnas), sure, Xay, stay and let's work on your skills.

Just read on it hear but apparently the source is Brennan Thompson's mom on a twitter spaces.  

Another thing that bothered the hell out of me was the insistence on him returning punts - when did he prove better than D'shawn Jamieson? He's never shown the daredevil spirit of the best returners, much less as a receiver. What about giving Red, Thompson or K-rob a shot? even Jwhitt seems more a return man. I don't recall once holding my breath thinking he'd break one. I could only rationalize that it was a personal stats chase or Sark promise to help get him here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Boogie Chillen said:

Another thing that bothered the hell out of me was the insistence on him returning punts - when did he prove better than D'shawn Jamieson? He's never shown the daredevil spirit of the best returners, much less as a receiver. What about giving Red, Thompson or K-rob a shot? even Jwhitt seems more a return man. I don't recall once holding my breath thinking he'd break one. I could only rationalize that it was a personal stats chase or Sark promise to help get him here.

Wondered about this too. I guess he had better “hands” than Jamison (funny, I know), but Jamison was a dynamic returner who should have been back there on KR as well. I guess his injuries kept him off ST and then never got back in there???

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

They probably got tired of Jamison’s dumb shit returning punts.

Maybe so, but you stopped what you were doing that moment to watch (for the bad and potentially good TBH).  Zay, meh.  You watched to see if he was going to get blasted to outer space.  

Agree. Texas is one of those blue blood, iconic teams that fires up the opponents/fans like almost no other. Same with Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Bama, and a few others. Plus, like California, Texas is a giant mythic state and the Longhorns symbolize that no matter what.
Add on iconic helmet and burnt orange, iconic Bevo, and a general winning tradition/legacy with titles (despite the current desert).
When UT heads to SEC and shows up on Saturday in the Deep South, every stadium will be packed, jacked, and rocking. The city/campus will be rocking for a few days before. Opposing coaches/players will be fired up massively. It will not be just another game. Big, bad, arrogant Texas is in town and the locals will be in a frenzy to break off Bevo's horns and mount them on their goal posts. 
True dat, delusional aggy thinks we will get the same "meh, whatever" welcome they received.

Jamison was better at returning, Zay (ironically) was better at tracking and actually catching the ball. I understand the thinking behind the switch and would much rather not turn over the ball deep in our own territory than have a homerun threat that rarely makes the homerun.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

X is a good punt returner. We don't need to start reaching in here. 

Reaching, huh?  Thought the point of the thread is his drops. Does he have the most reliable hands for returning? We don't know because nobody else got a chance. It just makes one wonder how open the competition they claim really is open. 

According to Fox:

Worthy - 15 returns, 9.7 yd avg. Nothing close to TD, red zone or momentum-changing that I recall.

K Robinson - 1; 19 yds

T Milton - 1; 15 yd

Jameison - 2; 5 yd avg

You might be on to something about reaching though, cuz Zay didn't do much of that either.  I'll drop this topic now.

1 hour ago, Boogie Chillen said:

Reaching, huh?  Thought the point of the thread is his drops. Does he have the most reliable hands for returning? We don't know because nobody else got a chance. It just makes one wonder how open the competition they claim really is open. 

According to Fox:

Worthy - 15 returns, 9.7 yd avg. Nothing close to TD, red zone or momentum-changing that I recall.

K Robinson - 1; 19 yds

T Milton - 1; 15 yd

Jameison - 2; 5 yd avg

You might be on to something about reaching though, cuz Zay didn't do much of that either.  I'll drop this topic now.

Dude you have 11 fucking posts and you're coming on here talking shit to me like you have an amazing point to stand on. 

Yes he does have very reliable hands for returning. I can't recall Worthy muffing a punt or fucking up a return by fumbling the ball away. Where as Jamison off the top of my head I can recall multiple fuck ups when it comes to either dropping the ball or catching it when he shouldn't or not catching it when he should. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Dude you have 11 fucking posts and you're coming on here talking shit to me like you have an amazing point to stand on. 

Yes he does have very reliable hands for returning. I can't recall Worthy muffing a punt or fucking up a return by fumbling the ball away. Where as Jamison off the top of my head I can recall multiple fuck ups when it comes to either dropping the ball or catching it when he shouldn't or not catching it when he should. 

Mr 45k posts out here post shaming........bwhahahahaa

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Mr 45k posts out here post shaming........bwhahahahaa

Sorry, I'm looking for legitimate critiques of Worthy's punt returning capabilities. You can discuss my post count in a thread titled "no one gives a shit".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

No amazing point - just an observation that there might have been some better options than just being satisfied that he catches the punts. My number of posts has nothing to do with giving an opinion regarding on-field performance and how the Horns might get a competitive edge in an area that can turn a game around instantly.

Aaron Williams & Curtis Brown remain the two worst punt returners I have ever seen at literally any level of football. And they were both our primary returners that one year. Brown in particular seemingly muffed every single punt he tried to catch /rant

That was some really bad returning that year. It’s like they weren’t coached to do anything.

Was that the same year or was it a different year where it seemed like they never even tried to field a punt and would let it rolle 10-20 yards every time?

Can’t remember now. I think it was Curtis Browns sr year. They would just catch the ball no matter how close to the damn end zone it was too.

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sorry, I'm looking for legitimate critiques of Worthy's punt returning capabilities. You can discuss my post count in a thread titled "no one gives a shit".

No matter what ole buddy said to you, you were going to drag his ass regardless. It's kinda your thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

can someone explain to me what the hell cuhh is (so I can determine whether to be upset or not)?  

In my Kindle I can tap a word and the Webster Dictionary definition pops up.  Surly needs to implement the same thing with Urban Dictionary for all the white olds on here.

image.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound