Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn't know a hand made you half ass routes and give half ass effort

My bigger issue is that if he had some form of soft tissue injury that they were numbing up to get him out there to be used as a decoy, wtf was QE throwing bombs to him knowing his hand was borked?

I get wanting to get him on the field, and even him shying away from some things and even showing less than max effort on some things if he thinks he is out there as a decoy. But if that is the case, why is QE trying to throw to him all the damn time?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

My bigger issue is that if he had some form of soft tissue injury that they were numbing up to get him out there to be used as a decoy, wtf was QE throwing bombs to him knowing his hand was borked?

I get wanting to get him on the field, and even him shying away from some things and even showing less than max effort on some things if he thinks he is out there as a decoy. But if that is the case, why is QE trying to throw to him all the damn time?

Who else are you going to throw to down the field from last year's team? Unless they decided to dust off Brennan Thompson and let him run go routes, there isn't another dude in that room that would break 4.6 in the 40. It was the only way to keep the safeties from crowding the box for Bijan. 

Edited by Vertigo

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Who else are you going to throw to down the field from last year's team? Unless they decided to dust off Brennan Thompson and let him run go routes, there isn't another dude in that room that would break 4.6 in the 40. It was the only way to keep the safeties from crowding the box for Bijan. 

There’s no way that’s right?  I was on a high school football team that was terrible because the oline was averaging 190lbs maybe but five of us ran in the 4.6’s or better.  I’m counting the 4.68’s but we also had three or so that were sub 4.6.  

Edited by Hook1997

46 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Essentially? Broken or not, decoy or not, if you’re going to put receivers out in routes and call passing plays, you have to have a dude that is out there capable of making a catch when wide fucking open. The ill-advised bombs are probably on Ewers. The dropped TDs against UW are on coach. 

20 hours ago, hornbri said:

WTF - that makes the decision to keep throwing to him even fucking worse. 

Yup

We could all see his hands were broken but  knowingly playing him injured and watching drops due to injury is insane. 

What the fuck was Sark thinking? No backup plan at all once Neyor went out. 

At least we've recruited well enough to be pretty stacked at skill positions now, play the guys who can fucking perform. 

Show me the (Kai) Money!

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

What the fuck was Sark thinking? No backup plan at all once Neyor went out. 

Not sure what sark could have done in the middle of August when he went down.  He had both Neyor and Zay and not a person on this site thought that was a bad duo going in to the season.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Not sure what sark could have done in the middle of August when he went down.  He had both Neyor and Zay and not a person on this site thought that was a bad duo going in to the season.  

Well maybe the problem will be solved with a new WR coach, but he wasn't playing anybody else. I know we hated Herman always playing a million different WRs instead of the best but when we played the starters they weren't giving the QBs much help.

Maybe they didn't trust Red... Thompson, Hall, Davis, or really anybody except Whittington Xay and Sanders. In that case we should've had two RBs in almost always, and once Xay was injured KR in the slot or something.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:17 AM, Gucci_Suit said:

Essentially? Broken or not, decoy or not, if you’re going to put receivers out in routes and call passing plays, you have to have a dude that is out there capable of making a catch when wide fucking open. The ill-advised bombs are probably on Ewers. The dropped TDs against UW are on coach. 

I think it’s an indictment of our wr room more than Coach or QE.  If QE and coach think our best chance of catching a pass is throwing to a guy with a broken hand rather than someone off the bench, then there ya go.  That problem should be solved by this year. It still baffles me we struggle so much to start 3 menaces at WR every year!

5 hours ago, Majorcholas said:

I think it’s an indictment of our wr room more than Coach or QE.  If QE and coach think our best chance of catching a pass is throwing to a guy with a broken hand rather than someone off the bench, then there ya go.  That problem should be solved by this year. It still baffles me we struggle so much to start 3 menaces at WR every year!

Texas has wasted WR talent for years with sub standard QB play. Meanwhile our biggest rival has been shitting out heisman QBs… last years starting receivers + TE + RBs were probably our best pass catching group on paper in a decade or longer

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, B00M said:

Texas has wasted WR talent for years with sub standard QB play. Meanwhile our biggest rival has been shitting out heisman QBs… last years starting receivers + TE + RBs were probably our best pass catching group on paper in a decade or longer

I don't know about that one, chief.

image.png.2981182d97e373eb1c0ec360e682fb65.png

Lets see OU without Lincoln Riley and his stat padding offense before we use them as example. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I wish the media would have asked what "broken hand essentially" meant

I’m old but I guess broken hand is some sorta slang meaning can’t see shit. Anyway last year is in the past and I’m still a fan and hope he kills it this year.  Might I suggest an Optometrist.  

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Yet another reason for him not to return punts.
Poor coaching decision.

Except for the fact that he was fine catching punts, which makes this whole story even more confusing. All we know it that Worthy did not have a broken hand, but he had some kind of injury. It seems nobody knows what that injury actually was or if it had a major affect on Worthy's play

Worthy is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.  Nothing about him over the last season makes any sense.  The only thing more vexing is a freshman DL, who has the opportunity to go to the all you can eat steak buffet every night, spontaneously losing 40 pounds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

I’m old but I guess broken hand is some sorta slang meaning can’t see shit. Anyway last year is in the past and I’m still a fan and hope he kills it this year.  Might I suggest an Optometrist.  

I think I mentioned this last season. Trip to the opto did good things for Squints, can't think of reason it would hurt X to give it a shot. A lot of the misses/drops I saw seemed like he never saw the ball at all, had no idea wheree it was until it hit him in the mask. It couldn't hoit.

Did he have surgery after the season? Only things I can think of that he could play with are hamate fracture, scapholunate injury, or some type of scaphoid injury that wasn’t a scaphoid fracture. These are all wrist not hand injuries though. 

also after that huge med mal case in Philly on the ex NFL player where they didn’t repair his meniscus don’t expect many athletes to be cleared to play w injuries until completely healed going forward 

• Hook 'Em 1

It is unusual to play receiver with a hand fracture. I guess it could have been something like an incomplete diaphyseal fracture of a non-border metacarpal. As long as surveillance continues to show no completion/displacement over time, I guess one could defend waiting to treat it definitively until after the season. For a hamate hook fracture in a receiver, early surgery would be expected. Scapholunate normally won’t keep either. Maybe a non-displaced sesamoid with an intact tendon. Certainly an outlier whatever it was.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It is unusual to play receiver with a hand fracture. I guess it could have been something like an incomplete diaphyseal fracture of a non-border metacarpal. As long as surveillance continues to show no completion/displacement over time, I guess one could defend waiting to treat it definitively until after the season. For a hamate hook fracture in a receiver, early surgery would be expected. Scapholunate normally won’t keep either. Maybe a non-displaced sesamoid with an intact tendon. Certainly an outlier whatever it was.

English, motherfucker.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

giphy.gif

With a "Hammer" 😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474ztf6906svbgd3ehcl

25 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Sorry for the jargon. It was really more of a reply to Sawbonz (who I expected to speak mumbo jumbo well enough to get my drift). Bottom line it is unusual, especially in today's medicolegal environment, for a doc to clear someone to play receiver with a broken hand.

I guess this explains the effort we saw from him and why he wasn't willing to go after the ball.   Sark is an idiot.  

36 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Sorry for the jargon. It was really more of a reply to Sawbonz (who I expected to speak mumbo jumbo well enough to get my drift). Bottom line it is unusual, especially in today's medicolegal environment, for a doc to clear someone to play receiver with a broken hand.

Not for Doctor Bombay…

9A329A3A-ED90-4441-AA2D-CAE4EDBDBE5A.webp

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I concur. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, stork642 said:

Charlie_Sheen_Major_League.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Never apologize for being smarter than Surly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, Hook1997 said:

There’s no way that’s right?  I was on a high school football team that was terrible because the oline was averaging 190lbs maybe but five of us ran in the 4.6’s or better.  I’m counting the 4.68’s but we also had three or so that were sub 4.6.  

High school?  In high school, I once ran a 4.49.  We ran two guys side by side, individually timed.  My timer was a buddy of mine who was not running that day due to a sprained ankle.  The other timer was one of our asst coaches, typical crusty old hs coach who had timed probably 1000 guys before.  I lost the race.  The other guy was timed at 4.65.  The whole team cracked up but damn if I didn't brag about that time all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound