Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

He got a new tattoo…   I really hope he stays and works hard in the off-season and improves his effort. Need another deep threat and use Worthy more in short and intermediate routes.  He stays the same and we throw to just to him 116 times and deep always again, it’s hurting the team.  

3661679A-0728-4355-82AE-006F5FCD8422.jpeg

On 1/6/2023 at 11:06 AM, Helobious said:

Aaron Williams & Curtis Brown remain the two worst punt returners I have ever seen at literally any level of football. And they were both our primary returners that one year. Brown in particular seemingly muffed every single punt he tried to catch /rant

Sample size of just one attempt but Craig Curry was the worst in the history of Texas football.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

He got a new tattoo…   I really hope he stays and works hard in the off-season and improves his effort. Need another deep threat and use Worthy more in short and intermediate routes.  He stays the same and we throw to just to him 116 times and deep always again, it’s hurting the team.  

Looks like a 10 of clubs

48 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

In my Kindle I can tap a word and the Webster Dictionary definition pops up.  Surly needs to implement the same thing with Urban Dictionary for all the white olds on here.

image.png

However, when you say "what's craccin cuh" it is usually a sign of aggression. In the hood we call this "getting banged on". You might say, "I was coming out of the corner store and I got banged on by this little 14 yr old". If you ever hear this phrase your response should be "I don't bang". 

51 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Couldn’t catch the river card…

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

However, when you say "what's craccin cuh" it is usually a sign of aggression. In the hood we call this "getting banged on". You might say, "I was coming out of the corner store and I got banged on by this little 14 yr old". If you ever hear this phrase your response should be "I don't bang". 

In the hood huh?

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

A straight Flush because he straight flushed the bowl game down the toilet?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3661679A-0728-4355-82AE-006F5FCD8422.thumb.jpeg.e6740ff19d3558d3d329e1eabd60b7b9.jpeg

Back in the day, most gangbangers wanted to get out the lifestyle and be a rapper or athlete, now many athletes and rappers wanna be gang-affiliated. Lol.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Please stop.

• Haha 1

Tupac was a theater kid who developed a hard edged gangster character to match his awesome voice and street poetry. Once he hooked up with Suge he was seen as legit. Dre wasnt a gangster either until he was rich enough to have his own gang.

Lotta rappers today are really about that life. King Von killed probably a dozen people before getting killed himself. Young Thug and Gunna are in jail right now for running a massive gang in Atlanta and bragging about it. And the boys in Florida are on a whole other level of thuggery

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

In the hood huh?

Yes. Sometimes we make it out. 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Please stop.

If you are ever in LA visit the corner store on 8th Ave and 60th in the afternoon. See if this exact thing doesn't happen to you. That's a regular occurrence in Los Angeles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Tupac was a theater kid who developed a hard edged gangster character to match his awesome voice and street poetry. Once he hooked up with Suge he was seen as legit. Dre wasnt a gangster either until he was rich enough to have his own gang.

Lotta rappers today are really about that life. King Von killed probably a dozen people before getting killed himself. Young Thug and Gunna are in jail right now for running a massive gang in Atlanta and bragging about it. And the boys in Florida are on a whole other level of thuggery

The difference is that though Dre really wasn't banging, he was really from Compton and therefore understood how to move and the hood politics. In LA the hood you are from protects their own. Gangsters go out of their way to protect their golden geese. Or at least they used to. If they had a bball player or musician with some promise they would steer you away from the violence.

Tupac didn't understand what he was getting into. MOB had a long time "on sight" beef with South Side and he unknowingly injected himself into it. Died for a cause he knew nothing about. He had a death wish. 

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Back in the day, most gangbangers wanted to get out the lifestyle and be a rapper or athlete, now many athletes and rappers wanna be gang-affiliated. Lol.

Yeah, it's sad. It used to be glorifying the lifestyle was just a way to sell records to suburb kids who wanted a peek behind the curtain. Now guys like Chris Brown wanna affiliate themselves with LA gangs when they are from Virginia. It's pretty rampant if you know what you are looking at. Signs getting thrown on the field. Certain sports team gear being worn. It's everywhere now. It's sad. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:34 PM, Hook1997 said:

Office job seems to be out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m assuming he bounces during next portal opening. 
Barring that I hope new WR coach can teach him to come back for/track a deep ball. This season he seemed to be good for ~5 wasted plays a game. 

Including or not including the ones Ewers bombed 10 feet over his head?
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Barring that I hope new WR coach can teach him to come back for/track a deep ball. This season he seemed to be good for ~5 wasted plays a game. 

17 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’m old fat and slow and I can tract a ball better then he did this year. Then you have the lack of effort on a lot of plays.   He lead the conference in TD’s because we only threw to him, if we do that again any smart receivers won’t be coming to Texas and some may leave.  It’s infuriating that our third leading receiver had 6 catches.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

11611359.jpeg

Imagine having issues catching the ball that had nothing to do with his “broken hand” and everything to do with his inability to adjust to balls in flight.  Then imagine lack of effort and a deva mentality contributing to subpar results if it weren’t for the fact that the team you play on threw you so many damn passes that you wound up leading the league in receptions.  Wonder what his reception percentage was.  I bet it didn’t lead the league.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:34 PM, Hook1997 said:

Kids that young getting neck tattoos that aren't in the industry always boggles my mind. We all know the negative stereotype is that anyone with a neck tattoo is a gang banger or criminal when that's far from the truth. A guy I know that owns a tattoo shop in Dallas has his throat and both sides of his neck tatted, but he's a professional tattoo artist that has been in the industry for over 20 years. Anyway, getting back on track, whenever a young kid, especially those that are 18 or 19 come into his shop wanting a neck tattoo he asks them that if they're serious about it, "are you prepared to be judged and limited in where you can work for the rest of your life?" After football, I hope Zay is prepared to be judged like that. 

On another note, it's a dope tattoo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, stork642 said:

Imagine having issues catching the ball that had nothing to do with his “broken hand” and everything to do with his inability to adjust to balls in flight.  Then imagine lack of effort and a deva mentality contributing to subpar results if it weren’t for the fact that the team you play on threw you so many damn passes that you wound up leading the league in receptions.  Wonder what his reception percentage was.  I bet it didn’t lead the league.  

Yup, the easy route would be to say that he was hurt, he had an excuse, and not work on what needs to be worked on. Hope that's not what he intends to do.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, Thatguy said:

Yes. Sometimes we make it out. 

If you are ever in LA visit the corner store on 8th Ave and 60th in the afternoon. See if this exact thing doesn't happen to you. That's a regular occurrence in Los Angeles. 

Cuz has Crip origins… just sayin’

Imagine going through life trying to impose your limiting beliefs on others, when many people who restrict themselves in that way live miserable lives. 
Brennan Marion has tats up and down his neck and he just became a D1 OC. 
If Worthy takes his work ethic in football and actually applies it to just about any other career, he’ll be fine. With or without neck tats. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound