(Discussion) how surly is too surly? where does the line get drawn?

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Ok, what are we gonna discuss?  The mathematic challenge determining circumference of your giant gaping vagina?  Or the volume of sand it holds?

I have already covered in exhausting detail the mentally deranged and how they lash out exactly as you have.  You might want to look in to it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

On 5/27/2022 at 11:11 AM, Moby Ric said:

If I told you, the mods would have to kill you.  They didn't like my tone.  I knew it would get me a ban, but a week was a mod temper tantrum cause someone posted the truth. Truth is not looked at favorably by a certain group of posters that post in a certain area, about certain things.

Hopefully, one day you'll grow up and quit being such a fragile little pussy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Feel free to discuss any subject, on the appropriate board, in such a manner that mods aren’t obligated to react. Or is that too difficult? I’d consider your complaint, for one, if you can manage it. 

I’ve found the mods prefer plainly stated ideas. Reputable links that support your ideas go over well, also. 

I say this knowing you’ve chosen to pound the table, and are now likely stewing over the word “reputable.”

Edited by Willfully Horn
Phrasing
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 5/27/2022 at 5:06 PM, Moby Ric said:

I have already covered in exhausting detail the mentally deranged and how they lash out exactly as you have.  You might want to look in to it.

If you want to go to a website where you can spew all your dumb opinions without anybody pushing back, you can go to Texags and they will welcome you with open arms, and ban anyone who challenges you. Of course, then you would have to confront the reality that pretty much all of your political takes are propogated and shared by fucking morons.

People like you want a nice organized website run by intelligent people. It's why you come here. But then when they don't kow tow to your every little demand and don't blindly buy into your dumb opinions, you become a petulant little bitch. 

Prediction: your response will include some nonsense about "psychoanalysis" and "you dont know me", as if you aren't easier to read than a fucking night time story. There's nothing deep, or complicated about you, at all. Which is why you're so easily manipulated into believing the dumb things that you do.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Negged for being a whiny cunt.  Seriously, you snowflakes are something else.

Look, I’m fine drawing some fire.  I don’t know who constitutes a right wing CR’er you can’t stand. I saw a post - not in CR - and tried to objectively comment on it, saying the guy probably deserved a banning. I honestly don’t care about rep, and fully expect this one to be Penelope’d, but when you neg you’re sending a message. And I’ve never seen a more prolific negger than you. I just don’t get it. 

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Look, I’m fine drawing some fire.  I don’t know who constitutes a right wing CR’er you can’t stand. I saw a post - not in CR - and tried to objectively comment on it, saying the guy probably deserved a banning. I honestly don’t care about rep, and fully expect this one to be Penelope’d, but when you neg you’re sending a message. And I’ve never seen a more prolific negger than you. I just don’t get it. 

Moby Ric is a whiny cunt.  He is also a disngenuous troll as is evidenced by a lot of his posts in the Abortion thread and the Supremes thread.  Others engage idiots.  I choose to neg and move on rather than argue.  Disingenuous idiots are not worth my time.    

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

Here is the history of this website-

Hornfans was the dominant free website. It was moderated to hold down the cussing, the criticism of Texas players and coaches and the boobies. 
Some posters, many very creative, bristled under the moderation. ShaggyBevo was formed as an alternative, to be a largely unmoderated board. 
After the 2016 election, many insisted on political moderation (“serious posts”). That morphed into a heavily moderated political board, with the moderation largely crowdsourced. The Dems outnumbered the GOP (Trump’s unpopularity among college educated had a lot to do with that) and it became a left wing echo chamber (most message boards are echo chambers for one wing or another- the old Hornfans and Shaggy boards were fun exceptions). 
ShaggyBevo became ShaggyTexas became SurlyHorns. 
A lot of funding for this board comes from WestMall posters (to avoid the ads). They are largely Dems. They moderate hard and do not want open discussion, preferring the old “Shut up, he explained” argument. They say that conservative posters who won’t engage are pussies; really, they just want fresh meat to gang up on with negs and insults. Tahoe Horn spent a couple of years trying to have discussions; he was chased off as a Trump-adjacent intolerable. 
This has become the bird’s business model. Conservative posters see a problem here that really doesn’t exist. The bias is not a bug, but a feature. The willingness of the moderators to turn the Daily Texas Uvalde threads into overt political anti GOP screeds is a clear example. 

That’s how this board started as a protest against anti-Boobies moderation, and turned into a hard anti-GOP moderated board. 

Did I get any of that wrong?

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 10
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Moby Ric is a whiny cunt.  He is also a disngenuous troll as is evidenced by a lot of his posts in the Abortion thread.  Others engage idiots.  I choose to neg and move on rather than argue with stupidity.  Not worth my time.  But complaining is an auto neg.  

I commented. I didn’t complain. And I won’t apologize for it. Because I see you do it with SO many people. I don’t know MobyRic. Maybe point that out first next time, but, thanks. 

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

Hornfans was the dominant free website. It was moderated to hold down the cussing, the criticism of Texas players and coaches and the boobies. 
Some posters, many very creative, bristled under the moderation. ShaggyBevo was formed as an alternative, to be a largely unmoderated board. 
After the 2016 election, many insisted on political moderation (“serious posts”). That morphed into a heavily moderated political board, with the moderation largely crowdsourced. The Dems outnumbered the GOP (Trump’s unpopularity among college educated had a lot to do with that) and it became a left wing echo chamber (most message boards are echo chambers for one wing or another- the old Hornfans and Shaggy boards were fun exceptions). 
A lot of funding for this board comes from WestMall posters (to avoid the ads). They are largely Dems. They moderate hard and do not want open discussion, preferring the old “Shut up, he explained” argument. They say that conservative posters who won’t engage are pussies; really, they just want fresh meat to gang up on with negs and insults. Tahoe Horn spent a couple of years trying to have discussions; he was chased off as a Trump-adjacent intolerable. 
This has become the bird’s business model. Conservative posters see a problem here that really doesn’t exist. The bias is not a bug, but a feature. The willingness of the moderators to turn the Daily Texas Uvalde threads into overt political anti GOP screeds is a clear example. 

That’s how this board started as a protest against anti-Boobies moderation, and turned into a hard anti-GOP moderated board. 

Um, yes.  A lot of those you accuse of being part of the left wing echo chamber are former Republicans who find Trump and the current state of the GOP absolutely abhorrent, especially given what has transpired since November 2020.  So yeah, there is a lot wrong with this post.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Um, yes.  A lot of those you accuse of being part of the left wing echo chamber are former Republicans who find Trump and the current state of the GOP absolutely abhorrent, especially given what has transpired since November 2020.  So yeah, there is a lot wrong with this post.

You described me. Exactly. So why the gratuitous negs for someone who doesn’t post in CR and never has?  Honest question; again, no complaint. 

1 hour ago, statsman said:

You're whining about a Daily Texan thread being anti-GOP?

avengers seriously GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

You described me. Exactly. So why the gratuitous negs for someone who doesn’t post in CR and never has?  Honest question; again, no complaint. 

Because you're being a fragile little pussy whining about negs.  Also, you're a shitty poster in general.  Does that clear it up for you?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Tahoe was run off because he repeatedly attempted to engage the board in discussion about batshit eugenics-adjacent nonsense about black people. He would get called out on it immediately, get negged a bunch and then cry about the decorum in the CR. He/you can fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yes, you got most of it wrong, mainly because you are projecting grievance to explain your plight and ignoring a few irrefutable facts.

The same posters in the CR have been posting in the CR for the most part from Hornfans, Shaggy, and now Surly. They are not largely Democrat, or were not until Trump pretty much took the Republican Party from conservative to super racist and cruel. So yes, the large majority of college educated posters just can’t logically support that team anymore because the arguments stopped having merit or facts, or sanity, or democracy. 

The CR is not “heavily moderated”, nor is this board “heavily moderated”. A few get crowdsourced but it’s not like those trolls don’t just create a new account. The only thing that is moderated are comments, anti-lgbtq comments, and CR being out of CR, which happens because the Trump posters don’t like being challenged (or being outnumbered). For a long time, the moderators and posters created a safe space in the DT so all Trumpers could have their own unchallenged place to post. But that eventually went away during Covid. 

Hell, there are many threads outside the CR where many posters still CR shit post and are left alone. The Oil Barron Thread is one. Pretty much all of the football and recruiting boards. 

The CR welcomes open discussion. Hell, there are still posters faithfully engaging seed and I’m convinced he’s a troll at this point. I just put him on ignore. What the CR doesn’t do is validate your opinion because you have one. Which seems to be what you’re looking for. 

I don’t endorse Penelope neg style. It’s a waste of time IMO. Just put people on ignore. But if you keep being proven wrong, and keep posting the same stupid arguments, I don’t blame her.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, immamac said:

NRA style gun laws and that set of people are fucking morons who none of us give a shit if they post here anymore. 

I agree with your post, but this statement right here, or at least the descriptor is bullshit.  This is something people have made up as an overreaction to current events.  Hell, you yourself considered shutting the board down following Uvalde.  That's your prerogative, but don't say you're objective about shit and then throw out bullshit phrases like that.  Plenty of gun rights folks ain't in the corner of the NRA, nor is that particular agenda supported.

11 hours ago, statsman said:

Conservative posters see a problem here that really doesn’t exist. The bias is not a bug, but a feature. The willingness of the moderators to turn the Daily Texas Uvalde threads into overt political anti GOP screeds is a clear example. 

Oh, fuck all the way off 

It's almost like we're all fucking pissed off about kids being slaughtered by legally acquired guns. There's one primary roadblock to sensible gun laws, and we're all tired of tap dancing around it for your comfort level.

Discussing gun control without mentioning the giant literal elephant in the room is fucking pointless and impossible. No one cares anymore that your personal thoughts on gun control differ from the party you vote for. Until GOP voters start demanding change from their elected officials--and showing their resolve with their vote--ain't nothing gonna change. The time for burying your head in the sand and crying, "No politics!" on this issue is over. Own your share of the blame for Uvalde, and the inevitable next one. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I agree with your post, but this statement right here, or at least the descriptor is bullshit.  This is something people have made up as an overreaction to current events.  Hell, you yourself considered shutting the board down following Uvalde.  That's your prerogative, but don't say you're objective about shit and then throw out bullshit phrases like that.  Plenty of gun rights folks ain't in the corner of the NRA, nor is that particular agenda supported.

Like it or not slorch, but you're pulling in the same direction as the NRA. It's crazy to go back and listen and read what they said in response to Columbine two decades ago and hear the EXACT SAME talking points and argument from progun people today. Hell, it was sobering to realize that I used to repeat those arguments too.

NPR's Planet Money podcast has a crazy episode where they air a recording of the NRA's Columbine response planning call. Give it a listen if you can tolerate that you almost certainly disagree with the hosts. Primary sources of this sort of thing are crazy.

If Imma's descriptor of current gun laws as being "NRA-style" is bullshit, can you explain with more reasoning than "people are saying"? Because I can't run a NICS check myself because of the NRA, and they actively fight ANY measure, big or small. We BY LAW don't have computerized records of gun sales because of the NRA, so we have Indiana Jones-style massive warehouses of files with clerks trying to find needles in haystacks. Because of the NRA.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Rex Beeper Porterhouse isn't a troll I'll have you know. Just got tired of being told off about dipping and shooting dogs.

I don’t dip and don’t own a gun to shoot a dog. 

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Oh, fuck all the way off 

It's almost like we're all fucking pissed off about kids being slaughtered by legally acquired guns. There's one primary roadblock to sensible gun laws, and we're all tired of tap dancing around it for your comfort level.

Discussing gun control without mentioning the giant literal elephant in the room is fucking pointless and impossible. No one cares anymore that your personal thoughts on gun control differ from the party you vote for. Until GOP voters start demanding change from their elected officials--and showing their resolve with their vote--ain't nothing gonna change. The time for burying your head in the sand and crying, "No politics!" on this issue is over. Own your share of the blame for Uvalde, and the inevitable next one. 

For years, I have found you to make compelling arguments on the basketball boards, and I find you just as persuasive here. I promise from now on to vote Democratic until the blessed day comes that Dems control both houses of Congress and the White House, so they can enact the common sense laws and executive orders to stop these horrific acts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

For years, I have found you to make compelling arguments on the basketball boards, and I find you just as persuasive here. I promise from now on to vote Democratic until the blessed day comes that Dems control both houses of Congress and the White House, so they can enact the common sense laws and executive orders to stop these horrific acts. 

Please, enlighten me, how do you expect them to get the votes to get anything passed if they can't reasonably count on a single GOP member to cross the aisle? I'm all ears, man. 

I said it on the Uvalde thread that it's ALL of our faults for allowing our elected leaders to meekly accept "No" for an answer from the other side when it comes to sensible gun laws...

...but, let's be real here, the primary hindrance is blatantly obvious to anyone not being fundamentally dishonest. There's no possible way to discuss gun control without acknowledging the GOP's completely immovable stance, and their voters enabling them. Not sorry if it upsets your sensibilities.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Please, enlighten me, how do you expect them to get the votes to get anything passed if they can't reasonably count on a single GOP member to cross the aisle? I'm all ears, man. 

I said it on the Uvalde thread that it's ALL of our faults for allowing our elected leaders to meekly accept "No" for an answer from the other side when it comes to sensible gun laws...

...but, let's be real here, the primary hindrance is blatantly obvious to anyone not being fundamentally dishonest. There's no possible way to discuss gun control without acknowledging the GOP's completely immovable stance, and their voters enabling them. Not sorry if it upsets your sensibilities.

How mant citizens do R Senators represent? How many are represented by D Senators?

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

No one believes you Rex. You can change names but the personality is the same. You cannot resist going to Oil Barons no matter which name you pick. 

I’m indifferent about whether anyone believes me, except I’ll occasionally speak up. I’m beeper, not Rex. There are lots of posters in Oil Barons. Rex was/is a banker, not an oil guy. 

Edited by Porterhouse

...and there it is. "We don't believe you that you're going to stop at 'common sense' gun laws. Soon you'll be knocking down our doors to confiscate all of them!" So we'll continue to bury our heads in the sand and not budge an inch. Fuck 'dem kids.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Fuck off from this thread and post it in the CR, Tahoe.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

...and there it is. "We don't believe you that you're going to stop at 'common sense' gun laws. Soon you'll be knocking down our doors to confiscate all of them!" So we'll continue to bury our heads in the sand and not budge an inch.

Just doing their part to make the disarming of US citizens the reasonable option.

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m indifferent about whether anyone believes me, except I’ll occasionally speak up. I’m beeper, not Rex. There are lots of posters in Oil Barons. Rex was/is a banker, not an oil guy. 

Rex wasn't a banker -- he was a loan salesman.

Man, I go away on a gorgeous long weekend vacation to a tropical beach with the wife and I come back to the usual deranged posters negging me for who knows what and lying about what I have posted.  And also repeating the same lame joke over and over again like a 5 year old.  Who left the gate open to imagination land and let these mental cases roam free?  yes the bias is real, there are more posts in this thread and the Uvalde thread that deserve bans that are far more than what I posted.  But some of you chose to go through life being simple.  Bless you.

For the record, I have never posted in the CR about the Supremes or abortion so PW is as usual a liar.  But we all knew that already.  If complains was an auto neg you would have been crowd sourced ages ago.  Such a sad miserable person.

I suggest you people that have these derangement issues take some time off.  You people are on here 24 hours a day, holidays, weekends and are filled with delusional hatred for all things you do not agree with.  You need to take some time off and get out of your shitty little apartments, stop talking to your cats, and get offline for a bit to get some real world experiences.  Your little brains just can't take this everyday.  Most normal people take time away from here. I know it is difficult for you guys, but try and be normal.

Please seek help and try and not discuss me while I'm on vacation.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Senators are 2 to a state.  The House is where it's based on population.  Just fyi

Well aware. Add the population of the states with two R Senators, and compare it to the population of states with two blue Senators. Common sense gun regulations are held hostage by a sliver of the US population who live in red states. 

Edited to add: there’s more folk in DC, (zero Senators,) than Y-O-Ming, (two Senators.)

Edited by Willfully Horn

Common sense gun regulations= further restricting the liberty of folks who are not the problem today.

But fucking that chicken is a lot more popular than challenging social standards and parenting these days.  That shit's too damned hard.

Common sense says don't shoot innocent people.  Laws aren't even needed for common sense handling of weapons.  

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Man, I go away on a gorgeous long weekend vacation to a tropical beach with the wife and I come back to the usual deranged posters negging me for who knows what and lying about what I have posted.  And also repeating the same lame joke over and over again like a 5 year old.  Who left the gate open to imagination land and let these mental cases roam free?  yes the bias is real, there are more posts in this thread and the Uvalde thread that deserve bans that are far more than what I posted.  But some of you chose to go through life being simple.  Bless you.

For the record, I have never posted in the CR about the Supremes or abortion so PW is as usual a liar.  But we all knew that already.  If complains was an auto neg you would have been crowd sourced ages ago.  Such a sad miserable person.

I suggest you people that have these derangement issues take some time off.  You people are on here 24 hours a day, holidays, weekends and are filled with delusional hatred for all things you do not agree with.  You need to take some time off and get out of your shitty little apartments, stop talking to your cats, and get offline for a bit to get some real world experiences.  Your little brains just can't take this everyday.  Most normal people take time away from here. I know it is difficult for you guys, but try and be normal.

Please seek help and try and not discuss me while I'm on vacation.  

oh-my-god-just-shut-the-fuck-up.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2