(Discussion) how surly is too surly? where does the line get drawn?

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Go back and read the thread and see who had to sneak in their opinion on the gun issue.  It's always so coy and convenient.

and it isn't about being challenged on a topic in other threads.  It's about the people who refuse to discuss the topics in good faith and just resort to negging because someone dared to have a different POV.  That isn't to paint every poster with that brush, because there are plenty of folks who do try and have that discussion.  then you get the fuckheads who never say anything to you on any topic or any forum or even that specific post, yet they neg.

It's bullshit that ain't gonna change, so fuck it.

I guess about 98% of the folks in here I'd buy a beer for at the bar or vice-versa; but because their politics are different from mine, they turn into a helpless talking point regurgitation tool.  It's a fucking beating, and I will  talk to anyone on virtually any topic, and have done so for a long ass time.

I don’t recall negging any post you’ve ever made.  Why do you, and Moby Ric, and other people feel so put upon?  Can you not stomach  any disagreement?  What the fuck is wrong with all you whiteass middle aged fucks?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Go back and read the thread and see who had to sneak in their opinion on the gun issue.  It's always so coy and convenient.

and it isn't about being challenged on a topic in other threads.  It's about the people who refuse to discuss the topics in good faith and just resort to negging because someone dared to have a different POV.  That isn't to paint every poster with that brush, because there are plenty of folks who do try and have that discussion.  then you get the fuckheads who never say anything to you on any topic or any forum or even that specific post, yet they neg.

It's bullshit that ain't gonna change, so fuck it.

I guess about 98% of the folks in here I'd buy a beer for at the bar or vice-versa; but because their politics are different from mine, they turn into a helpless talking point regurgitation tool.  It's a fucking beating, and I will  talk to anyone on virtually any topic, and have done so for a long ass time.

I tried to steer this conversation back to the right thread by quoting you in it to ask you a question and you never responded. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You’re quite possibly the biggest pussy in the history of the internet.  Congrats, I guess.  You hate that people call you out on your factless, hideous takes on the rest of the world.  Well congrats again, Mr. Persecuted guy.   

Oh my, some delusional lib gasbag internet tough guy who lives in a fantasy world and has no idea how the real world works thinks I am factless, have bad takes, and I am a pussy.  However will I go on?

Remember when you asked me if you were being a presumptuous arrogant idiot?  Now is one of those times.  This is strike 2 for you on that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Oh my, some delusional lib gasbag internet tough guy who lives in a fantasy world and has no idea how the real world works thinks I am factless, have bad takes, and I am a pussy.  However will I go on?

Remember when you asked me if you were being a presumptuous arrogant idiot?  Now is one of those times.  This is strike 2 for you on that.

No, you called me a presumptuous cunt, for pointing out that you were crying about being mistreated on a message board.  I think we all know who is what here, just keep those pussy lips flapping, and I’ll keep clapping.  Sorry for your loss of privilege, boy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

What a fragile little pussy you are.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

You should be fine when someone negs you, given how you frequently pos rep yourself with your @Iceman sock.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You should be fine when someone negs you, given how you frequently pos rep yourself with your @Iceman sock.

Lmao

Just went and looked and you're right. That is truly fucking hysterical. I would guarantee that he isn't the only one either. Biggest crybabies about rep = worst abusers.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/24/2022 at 10:34 PM, Captainant said:

I figure this is as good as thread as any to not derail the DT thread

Genuinely, running a Texas football message board during not only a decade of dogshit football but also half a decade of remarkable polarization and radicalization has gotta be hell. I don't think there's anything wrong with just shutting surly down through memorial day. Just give everyone a break for a while.

Idk man, I get it.

i stay away from the football board and the cloak room, and the idea that this site needs to be shut down is total news to me. i hardly even come across a truly contentious discussion and i'm here every day. so uh, maybe just shut down the problem forums, and leave the rest of us who aren't out here burning shit down to continue with our discussions about basketball, baseball, movies, etc.

11 hours ago, Covri said:

Wrong forum

My favorite post so far in a sea dickassedness! 

I see you! Way to try and take this thread to a better place…honestly, you need visuals to totally derail it. I would also like to stress again the last several posts is precisely why I rarely gift any of y’all with neg rep…lol

C9A6B2EE-F337-44C1-B973-3B98D79F6A51.gif

E1D92E8D-0C29-4E34-BE26-21751C7091F6.gif

EA53B7C1-C026-4D18-ABFC-0E8BE80B13CF.gif

B31E0C52-C1BA-4614-90C2-AB8AAB464ED4.gif

35373565-5CDA-4AF1-B154-3D2293A39762.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 4

23 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don’t recall negging any post you’ve ever made.  Why do you, and Moby Ric, and other people feel so put upon?  Can you not stomach  any disagreement?  What the fuck is wrong with all you whiteass middle aged fucks?

That's the point.  Why do the lefties feel so inclined to neg just because we disagree?

Oh yeah, that's the culture these days.  Throw a fucking tantrum...

I'm willing to have the discussions any time and have done so repeatedly through the years.  I don't neg people unless they start it.  I mostly ignore the ones now.

I'm not the one who has a problem with the discussions.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That's the point.  Why do the lefties feel so inclined to neg just because we disagree?

Oh yeah, that's the culture these days.  Throw a fucking tantrum...

I'm willing to have the discussions any time and have done so repeatedly through the years.  I don't neg people unless they start it.  I mostly ignore the ones now.

I'm not the one who has a problem with the discussions.

Then stop whining like a god damn bitch about everything.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

slorch, I’m not in CR at any point. 

But do you REALLY rep yourself with the Iceman account? If so, that is incredibly, unbelievably fucking horrendous. 

Rep doesn't matter.

Until it does.  

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bro, do you really do that? 

1 neg received= Iceman rep. It's a gift from the neggers.

Sorry i didn't submit this proposal for the board's approval.  Why does it bother you?

If not negged, there is no Iceman rep.  Again, rep doesn't matter.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He does.  Do a member search on his iceman account then check out the activity section.  It’s filled with him repping his own posts.

Partially correctr.

The iceman reps are only in reposnse to negs.  

The frequency is not my issue.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Wow. 

Wow what?

That someone got sick of the ghost negs and idiot responses to normal posts within the flow of a given discussion?

Sorry...  I guess.

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If you take this shit so serious that you resort to repping your own posts, it’s probably time to step away for a bit. 

Then take a break, dude.  I'm not the one stalking other people's activities.

I am fine.

i used to respond to other people's negs by negging them.  I have tried to stop doing that.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, wait, Slorch created a sock to, checks notes, rep himself when someone negs him?!?  

Holy fucking shit.  What a cunt.

why do you care.?

you sling negs about without reason.  why do you care what happens afterwords?

Rep doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Holy shit. This is a whole new level of bitchassedness.

rep doesn't matter.

why do you care what happens afterwords?

1 minute ago, slorch said:

why do you care.?

you sling negs about without reason.  why do you care what happens afterwords?

Rep doesn't matter.

I sling negs to idiots and disingenous assholes.  And congratulations pal, you just joined that.  LOL at the guy who created a sock to give himself pos rep saying rep doesn't matter.  Again, what a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I sling negs to idiots and disingenous assholes.  And congratulations pal, you just joined that.  LOL at the guy who created a sock to give himself pos rep saying rep doesn't matter.  Again, what a cunt.

That isn't what the sock was invented for.

As for being a cunt, you take the cake.  You neg without reprisal, which is fine.  What the fuck do you care what happens afterwards?

Did you think your rep hurt me?  LOL

Rep doesn't matter.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Nah, 4doors is Immortal13 coming back from being banned.  Guy is necro-repping everyone and refusing to post.  The guy is a miserable cunt.

I don't neg rep you.

I don't engage you except on the travel threads, in which you are a very constructive and positive poster.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Irony isn't your strong suit, is it?

rep doesn't matter.

so why does my reaction to it matter to you?

Does rep matter?  If so, address ghost negs and bullshit negs.  If not, carry on...

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

rep doesn't matter.

so why does my reaction to it matter to you?

Does rep matter?  If so, address ghost negs and bullshit negs.  If not, carry on...

You may need to sit this one out if you can't comprehend the post you are replying to.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Did I accuse you of negging me?  Holy shit, did you forget how to comprehend the words you are reading?

so we can carry on a regular conversation and everything is hunky-dory.

The second politics is interjected, and we happen to disagree, it's  a neg from Penleopee.

LOLz.  Stand up shit there, sister.

Just now, royiv said:

You may need to sit this one out if you can't comprehend the post you are replying to.

I am fine.

evidently y'all are miffed that someone didn't follow your unwritten rules.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

so we can carry on a regular conversation and everything is hunky-dory.

The second politics is interjected, and we happen to disagree, it's  a neg from Penleopee.

LOLz.  Stand up shit there, sister.

Welp, the more reasonable Slorch has apparently left the fucking building.  

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Fuck You 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Welp, the more reasonable Slorch has apparently left the fucking building.  

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

and the reasonable penelope doesn't exist...

Cool.