WTF is wrong with people? 16-yo kid outside Houston tries to "roll coal" on cyclists, runs them over instead; walks free

C-Man

22 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah but no. It’s not my scene but:

1. It’s not designed to piss other people off

2. I don’t have to breathe shit or clean shit off my car when a low rider bounces 

3. It’s illegal to bounce on public roads but rolling coal isn’t in Texas

4. Lowriders produce no more pollution than a regular car 

One of these things is something that Mexican dudes do because they think it’s cool and bothers no one. The other is the vehicle equivalent of spitting in someone’s face and is done by rednecks. No equivalency. 

The absolute worst are the Fast & Furious fuck sticks.  Killed an elderly couple up here in Frisco a few months back.  Street racers are a scourge.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The absolute worst are the Fast & Furious fuck sticks.  Killed an elderly couple up here in Frisco a few months back.  Street racers are a scourge.  

No argument from me, street racing is highly stupid, dangerous, and super illegal. Cars with performance mods can be used at a track day or drifting events or at the drag strip where it’s legal and safe. 

Setting up your truck to roll coal is done for one singular reason: to show the world that you are a proud chode. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No argument from me, street racing is highly stupid, dangerous, and super illegal. Cars with performance mods can be used at a track day or drifting events or at the drag strip where it’s legal and safe. 

Setting up your truck to roll coal is done for one singular reason: to show the world that you are a proud chode have no dick. 

no-dick-ghostbusters.gif

3 minutes ago, Yarbr said:

Do they set it up to specifically do this or is it a byproduct of a modification? 

Well, the first necessary mod is removal of emission controls.

The second thing is to enrich (add fuel to) the mixture at low rpm.  This can be done a number of ways, one of which is specific to coal rolling.  The others (electronic "tuners" that let you mod engine settings and bigger fuel injectors) are for other purposes, but allow you to run really rich at low rpm.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The second thing is to enrich (add fuel to) the mixture at low rpm.  This can be done a number of ways, one of which is specific to coal rolling.  The others (electronic "tuners" that let you mod engine settings and bigger fuel injectors) are for other purposes, but allow you to run really rich at low rpm.

I googled it after I asked. Doing this pushes more diesel than it can process creating the black soot.

I'm new to diesels, I have a 21  Duramax and it would take a shit load of work to be able to roll coal.  I’m good with what it gives me lol.

2 hours ago, Yarbr said:

I googled it after I asked. Doing this pushes more diesel than it can process creating the black soot.

I'm new to diesels, I have a 21  Duramax and it would take a shit load of work to be able to roll coal.  I’m good with what it gives me lol.

It will also happen if your air filter gets really dirty. Or if you get a bit of water in your fuel/water separator. Or you have a glow plug issue. Oversized injectors.

But yes, actual “rolling coal” is typically in tuned trucks that have poor fuel mapping. And it’s stupid af, wastes fuel, and can wash down your cylinders where legit bad shit can happen.   You’ll see it more in cheap tunes than good custom tunes now days.  You can still grab wrong gear and “roll coal” on accident with a good one though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, I know that, the computer just runs a richer mixture when the switch is flipped.  And I stand by my proposal. A punishment for being too criminally stupid and tiny-dicked to possess an automobile. 

That goes for the coffee can mufflers too. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!   LMAO!!!

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  Origins from pulls and truck races.  Basically a fuel dump into the system.  

It's LARPing at the end of the day.  They've never pulled so much as a bass boat.  No more than the majority in pavement-princess Raptors and off-road trucks that have never seen a dirt road or rice-rockets that have never gone above 90 on the expressway.  

Edited by BabaYaga

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  Origins from pulls and truck races.  Basically a fuel dump into the system.  

It's LARPing at the end of the day.  They've never pulled so much as a bass boat.  No more than the majority in pavement-princess Raptors and off-road trucks that have never seen a dirt road or rice-rockets that have never gone above 90 on the expressway.  

i'm fairly certain every rice rocket has gone above 90 on the expressway.  while weaving through traffic.  assholes.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, fattyflattie said:

Huh, I was thinking he should be drawn and quartered. We’re talking about a whataburger here, not some fucking Saturday AM bike rider. 

If I wanted my burger to taste like car exhaust, I'd go to Burger King.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

It will also happen if your air filter gets really dirty. Or if you get a bit of water in your fuel/water separator. Or you have a glow plug issue. Oversized injectors.

But yes, actual “rolling coal” is typically in tuned trucks that have poor fuel mapping. And it’s stupid af, wastes fuel, and can wash down your cylinders where legit bad shit can happen.   You’ll see it more in cheap tunes than good custom tunes now days.  You can still grab wrong gear and “roll coal” on accident with a good one though. 

Also voids the warranty on what is a rather expensive vehicle if it's done on a new truck.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

"Vote Brisket/MIA 2024 -- because fuck you, you're a piece of shit and we're not afraid to say it!"

I might as well start picking out curtain patterns for the Lincoln bedroom.

Like you could get more votes than Fitlump.

Going back to the Waller thing

https://www.facebook.com/WallerCountyDAEltonMathis/posts/1523971751290656?comment_id=1523981164623048

I'm not stating the boy's name publicly, but his father seems to be Facebook friends with the county judge, a county commissioner, Sheriff Guidry, 2 captains with the sheriff's office, the Mayor's wife, and even yourself, DA Mathis. So far I have been impressed with your statements and with your appointment of Warren Diepraam, and you seem earnest and willing to see this through whatever the fallout, so thank you for that. 

I think that it's important for other agencies or the DAs office to collect what evidence they can, especially given the poorly executed investigation. The cell phones of the teen driver and passenger may contain relevant video, even if they believe they have deleted it.

Also, several people mentioned that the kid's dad was on the scene before the cops.

It's Waller County.  It's exactly what I expect.

13 hours ago, Captainant said:

“Murdered?”  Really?   1st or 2nd degree?  Tell us. 

The linked articles do not go into much detail about what actually happened.  Was the collision accidental or with purpose.  DPS did not charge the driver.

It is truly sad that a man lays dead. 

Shrill exploitation of his death is sad, too. 

MURDERED!!!!

You ridiculous dude. 

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/waller-county-bicyclists-juvenile-charged/285-1941e8e0-2aa2-427e-b9d4-b8b79058c18a

Teen charged with 6 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after driving into cyclists in Waller County, DA's Office says

The Waller County District Attorney's Office announced the charges on Monday, about six weeks after the "rolling coal" incident happened.
  • Hook 'Em 1