Gary Patterson is a huge fat sweaty gaping pussy

Beau Vine

TCU coach Gary Patterson criticized SMU for its role in the scuffle that followed Saturday's game in Fort Worth, Texas, and for using one of Patterson's country songs to mock his team.

Patterson on Tuesday said SMU orchestrated an attempt to plant its flag at midfield at Amon G. Carter Stadium if the Mustangs won. After SMU's 42-34 victory, several players tried to plant the flag at midfield. TCU players responded to the attempt, and Horned Frogs assistant coach Jerry Kill suffered a concussion after being knocked down twice on the field. Kill, the former Minnesota and Northern Illinois head coach, suffers from epilepsy but is OK and has returned to work, Patterson said.

Kill, 60, was initially knocked down by a TCU player during the fracas. Patterson said he wasn't sure if a TCU or SMU player knocked him down the second time.

"You don't think it was planned?" Patterson said of the flag-planting attempt, according to the Fort Worth Star Telegram. "They had a media person from their office that was out filming the flag getting set in the middle of the field. ... A guy [Kill] got hurt. He got pushed down by our kids once on film in the middle of it and he got hit because I've got the proof to show it.

"At the end of the day, whether it's SMU, TCU, I can't substantiate it. But at the end of the day it wouldn't have happened if we didn't have the flag situation."

EDITOR'S PICKS

SMU's Dykes apologizes to TCU over flag scuffle
2d
SMU athletic director Rick Hart, in a statement Tuesday, said the school had reviewed all video of the incident and found "no evidence of anyone associated with SMU" striking Kill on the field after the game. Hart said that he had spoken with TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati, who agreed that there was no evidence and told Hart that Patterson's initial claims would be "walked back."

Mustangs coach Sonny Dykes declined to comment, saying he deferred to Hart's statement.

"While Coach Patterson acknowledged that his postgame claim cannot be substantiated, he accused our program, multiple times, of planning to plant our flag on the field following our win. This is a complete fabrication," Hart said in his statement. "I can state unequivocally that there was no such plan."

Hart said SMU had multiple members of its "creative staff" on the field after the game to collect footage for the team's ESPN+ series, The Hilltop. Dykes apologized to SMU for the incident after the game, saying he would discuss the incident with players and that "there's nobody in the world that has more respect for TCU or for [coach] Gary Patterson ... than I do."

Dykes spent the 2017 season as an offensive analyst for Patterson at TCU before landing the SMU head-coaching job.

"This activity was spontaneous and borne out of emotion," Hart said in his statement. "To suggest otherwise is irresponsible and offensive. I will not allow Coach Dykes, our program or our student-athletes to be unjustifiably attacked. Sonny is a tremendous leader and a man of great integrity."

Patterson also took issue with SMU using a song he recorded after the COVID-19 pandemic struck, entitled "Take a step back," to chide TCU following the game. SMU's Twitter account tweeted the video for Patterson's song, but superimposed Dykes' face over Patterson's, and then included shots of SMU fans and players. The tweet read "THEY TOOK A STEP BACK."

Patterson has written songs for many years and released two tracks on streaming services in 2020, including "Take a step back."

"They hate you 'cause they take a song that you wrote about COVID and getting back to families and they make fun of you," Patterson said Tuesday. "If I had the time, I'd go out and get all the copyright laws and I'd get after their ass, but I've got Longhorns on my mind right now. Not them. I'm glad they keep substantiating our existence of where we're at and how we do things."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

• Beau Vine changed the title to Gary Patterson is a huge fat sweaty gaping pussy
This feels like the kind of "let's create dumb drama to distract from how shitty the performance of our football program is" situation you'd see from a sun belt or mountain west team.

So, pretty on brand for fat Pat and tcu.
Exactly. Patterson said the planned flag planting is what started it, but fails to recognize the loss is what started it. Win the fucking game and you don't have to worry about what the other team does or doesn't do.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This feels like the kind of "let's create dumb drama to distract from how shitty the performance of our football program is" situation you'd see from a sun belt or mountain west team.

That's exactly what it is.  He's doing Chapter 17 of the Fightin' Texas A&M Aggy Moral Victory Playbook: sure, we ran out of time, but at least we're the classy ones.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

For those who haven't heard this masterpiece, which I assume is 99% of us...

I had no idea he was a musician. It's no wonder he sweats so much. He oozes liquid passion. Good on SMU for trolling him with the song. They went into that game knowing they were going to win.

We should plant a dickbutt flag at midfield win or lose.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

How is this not pop country? Because it isn’t popular?

lol

But seriously I despise pop country it's entirely a fake.

These are extra pop "stars" who put a fake accent and sing songs manufactured by the same pop producers targeting a different audience. 

image.thumb.png.a47b4201bae5d154c1517ee154c43db9.png

SMU has whipped TCU's ass two consecutive times and would have beat them by 25+ last year had they played. Gary just whines and whines every time about something.

He's literally creates scenarios in his head in hopes of firing up his team. When in reality, it may do the opposite this time around. That team sucks and Duggan can't hit a receiver down field to save his life.

• Hook 'Em 2

2011: After SMU won in 2011 in Fort Worth, Gary went on to claim that they "will never help SMU again"...simply because he got his ass beat. https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/patterson-tcu-never-going-help-smu-ever-again-000100263.html

2019: SMU whips TCU

2020: Gary says this year that SMU never returned a phone call and TCU 'wanted to play SMU'. When in reality, SMU said they would even play the game in Fort Worth (game was supposed to be in Dallas) on a date of their choosing...even at the end of the year after conference play. Hence why Rashee Rice said TCU was scared to play SMU last year.

2021: SMU whips TCU. Gary says a SMU player took a helmet and literally bashed his 60 year old Assistant Coach in the head knocking him down and giving him a concussion. Utterly ridiculous and video proof has totally proved that was a false scenario by a mile. In reality, his own team knocked over the coach. He also claims the flag plant was a stunt that was coordinated well before the game, simply because a camera guy was following Rashee Rice to midfield. 

Dude has been a complainer his whole career. . Hope the Horns send GP packing once and for all.The dude is a washed up pansy.

Can't wait to see what Gary comes up with next year after SMU punks TCU in Dallas for a third straight time. They will be even better next year.

Edited by Doak
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Patterson has been known to show up in bars in Fort Worth with his guitar and start playing without being asked.
He really thinks he is a good musician.

I dont frequent places he would show up to play and have never witnessed it, but this is the local legend.

Patterson originally said an SMU player hit Kill with a helmet. Although video evidence proves otherwise, he hasn’t walked that back. 

Kill simply had another seizure trying to keep TCU players from starting a fight..doesnt remember anything so fat Gare makes up this outlandish scenario.

Just now, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:
Patterson originally said an SMU player hit Kill with a helmet. Although video evidence proves otherwise, he hasn’t walked that back. 

Kill simply had another seizure trying to keep TCU players from starting a fight..doesnt remember anything so fat Gare makes up this outlandish scenario.

What an ironic last name lol

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:
Patterson has been known to show up in bars in Fort Worth with his guitar and start playing without being asked.
He really thinks he is a good musician.

I dont frequent places he would show up to play and have never witnessed it, but this is the local legend.

A friend of mine was at Studio 80 when it was on University when he showed up and did it.  He's a TCU alum and thought it was weird as hell.