World’s Most Hated Fast Food Chains

atomheartbevo

b37756e2c330d3a2aeb6a99998e68394.png

https://thetakeout.com/worst-fast-food-chain-in-the-world-most-hated-kfc-domin-1847732132

Domino's, no surprise, although I like some of their deals, my kids will gladly eat their pizza, and so I will order from them on a Friday here and there.

Taco Bell - completely understand why it's hated in Mexico.

But Canada and Orange Fucking Julius?  It's been years since I had one, but that's odd that they would be the most hated chain in Canada.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

https://thetakeout.com/worst-fast-food-chain-in-the-world-most-hated-kfc-domin-1847732132

Domino's, no surprise, although I like some of their deals, my kids will gladly eat their pizza, and so I will order from them on a Friday here and there.

But Canada and Orange Fucking Julius?  It's been years since I had one, but that's odd that they would be the most hated chain in Canada.

Canada didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so they decided to hate a brand that no longer exists.

Perfectly on-brand for Canada.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

They still exist in Canada - they have "DQ" on their signs, but they are Orange Julius stands/whatever.

It could be that what Canada really hates is Dairy Queen.....

I know, just wanted to make the joke.  And I've actually seen OJ on the signs of some DQs here in the US as well (mostly up north, IIRC).

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know, just wanted to make the joke.  And I've actually seen OJ on the signs of some DQs here in the US as well (mostly up north, IIRC).

I was thinking they were done here in the US - a lot of the DQs in Texas don't make them any more.

And it got me in the mood, and somebody found the recipe for the OJ, and of course it's in Parade Magazine.

https://parade.com/1055747/pambeth/copycat-orange-julius-recipe/print/

56 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They still exist in Canada - they have "DQ" on their signs, but they are Orange Julius stands/whatever.

It could be that what Canada really hates is Dairy Queen.....

If you've ever been to a "real" Dairy Queen and not one of the Texas DQs, you would understand the hate.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was thinking they were done here in the US - a lot of the DQs in Texas don't make them any more.

And it got me in the mood, and somebody found the recipe for the OJ, and of course it's in Parade Magazine.

https://parade.com/1055747/pambeth/copycat-orange-julius-recipe/print/

She forgot the raw eggs

11 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I guess I didn't realize we hate dominos.  To me it's just a cheap pizza place.  I've never had an issue.  Is this food quality thing or are they notoriously bad at something I'm not aware of?  I'd roll with dominos over Arby's, Jack in the Box, or Taco Bell.

The thin crust is pretty fucking good and seems more adult than most delivery pizza. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

WTF is the hate for KFC?
It's fried chicken.  Not the greatest, but still good.

The invention of Popeyes, slow old people at their under stocked buffet. I haven’t had a piece of actual fried chicken from there in years. Most recently this their chicken sammich which is good

Also good mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

China should be Taco Bell; they hated it so much, Taco Bell pulled out of the country.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The invention of Popeyes, slow old people at their under stocked buffet. I haven’t had a piece of actual fried chicken from there in years. Most recently this their chicken sammich which is good

Also good mashed potatoes and gravy

I saw an add for the sandwich.  Maybe they are still using the name Kentucky Fried Chicken (instead of KFC), but it was the first time I'd see it in a while.

spacer.png

Edited by Don Johnson

3 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

WTF is the hate for KFC?

It's fried chicken.  Not the greatest, but still good.

I mean, it depends on the franchise. The ones I've been to in China are basically serving deep fried perfection. The one down the street from my house -- that doubles as a Taco Bell -- is managed as a front by the local meth dealer and staffed by his customers. You don't know where that chicken has been, or how long it's been under the heat lamp. And that's if you're lucky.

I don't get the hate for Domino's.  I don't really like it but it's so awesome for kids.  I've been to a hundred kids events.  Somebody hits a button, 10 pies show up, kids eat it up, everybody is happy.  They almost never fuck up the pizzas and nobody gets sick.  They're almost always on time.  For adults, it's not very good to eat but they always check the boxes when it comes to large gatherings and shit.  And after a few beers at a birthday party or something, I'll go graze a couple pieces and it hits the spot.  

How the fuck is Subway not on this list?  A 50-year empire built on using the "meats and cheeses" the local distributor couldn't pawn off on the prisons or middle schools.  And bread made from used workout mats. 

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Fuck the Arby's haters.

I'm hard-pressed to think of a fast food franchise that has fallen as far as Arby's.  It used to be terrific.  Now?  To say it's a pale shadow of its former self would be an insult to pale shadows -- that's how shitty Arby's is now compared to what it used to be.

I wish dominos didn’t take out their breadsticks from 10-15-20 years ago. Those had the perfect amount of seasoning/garlic that I’d often just order one or 2 of those on a Friday night.

Their crust change up in the past 5 years to add more garlic has been a great move.

Now just bring back the old style breadsticks. May have to get some dominos for this upcoming college football Saturday

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

China should be Taco Bell; they hated it so much, Taco Bell pulled out of the country.

China has about a dozen Taco Bell locations.

But they actually did pull out of Mexico around 2008, which begs the question "Why is a US chain that hasn't been in Mexico for 13 years listed as the most hated there?"

2 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

China has about a dozen Taco Bell locations.

But they actually did pull out of Mexico around 2008, which begs the question "Why is a US chain that hasn't been in Mexico for 13 years listed as the most hated there?"

They still remember the abomination?

Either that or "Taco Bell" is code speak for "Cartels"

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

they have Orange Julius at the DQ on North Lamar.  haven’t been able to pull the trigger though because, well, blizzards 

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm hard-pressed to think of a fast food franchise that has fallen as far as Arby's.  It used to be terrific.  Now?  To say it's a pale shadow of its former self would be an insult to pale shadows -- that's how shitty Arby's is now compared to what it used to be.

I think that’s true of most fast food joints. Other than the occasional Egg McMuffin, I don’t eat at McDonald’s, Wendy’s, or Burger King anymore. Wendy’s used to be head and shoulders above the rest.

But the way Arby’s is expanding their menu, that’s not usually a good sign. I haven’t been there in a few years. But you had to eat your “roast beef” sandwich right away. The nearest store to me is five miles away and the sandwich couldn’t survive the drive home. 

15 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

They still remember the abomination?

Either that or "Taco Bell" is code speak for "Cartels"

There weren't that many Taco Bells in Mexico in the first place. 80% of the current Mexican population has never seen or eaten at a Taco Bell in Mexico, so I'm not sure who they are polling.

It's the equivalent of a big chinese hamburger chain called "Happy Lucky USA Cheeseburger" opening and closing a few stores in the US, but still being voted "most hated chain" in the US.

21 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean, it depends on the franchise. The ones I've been to in China are basically serving deep fried perfection. The one down the street from my house -- that doubles as a Taco Bell -- is managed as a front by the local meth dealer and staffed by his customers. You don't know where that chicken has been, or how long it's been under the heat lamp. And that's if you're lucky.

I hate to break the news to you, but that Chinese (improper nomenclature) chicken was likely uh, you know, like something else.