World’s Most Hated Fast Food Chains

atomheartbevo

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Bragging about never eating at Taco Bell is like bragging about never getting laid until you were 23. 

For the last 20 years or so, I have refused to eat at a “Mexican” restaurant that has their salsa in a ketchup packet.  Life is short, no reason to make it shorter by voluntarily eating that filth.

I declared a fatwa against Dominos in the mid 00s when they were routing all their orders through call centers. I lived in a "duplex" but the door faced a different street than what the address said. I called in an order like a half hour before a football game and told the lady about how the door was on Montclaire and not Ann Arbor and she gave me some spiel about how she was in Dallas but she was sure the driver would find it, and that was a negative. I think we finally got a pizza well after the game was over and some more calls were made.

Anyways, that was early Colt McCoy era. I tried it again and it's fine, the app is better than the Pizza Hut app. I still go for the local place but sometimes the convenience/delivery aspect is crucial and it works. I'm still salty about that fucking pizza though.

• Rage+1 1

For the last 20 years or so, I have refused to eat at a “Mexican” restaurant that has their salsa in a ketchup packet.  Life is short, no reason to make it shorter by voluntarily eating that filth.

When you realize that it’s not Mexican food, but rather is “cheap food for poor/drunk people,” it all makes sense and works out fine. And I can drink their hot taco sauce. I don’t know what it is, exactly…but I like it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When you realize that it’s not Mexican food, but rather is “cheap food for poor/drunk people,” it all makes sense and works out fine. And I can drink their hot taco sauce. I don’t know what it is, exactly…but I like it.

When the best thing you have going for you is hot sauce in ketchup packets, I’m just gonna pass.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

That’s not the best thing they have going for them. The best thing they have food for them is that you can get 5 items to put it on for less than $5

For your son, that’s probably true.  I used to get the 10-pack of tacos in high school.  High metabolism and all that.  You would be better off getting 2 good tacos from somewhere good that actually makes good tacos and salsa.

For your son, that’s probably true.  I used to get the 10-pack of tacos in high school.  High metabolism and all that.  You would be better off getting 2 good tacos from somewhere good that actually makes good tacos and salsa.

Oh, would I be better off? Absolutely. And that’s typically my call.

But if the boy is grabbing a bag o food and asks me if he should grab me something, the answer is “yes.”

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I bet you’re anti Waffle House too

That's actually a running joke in our family, because I've never been to one. I have nothing against them, and would gladly go, I have just never eaten there... and now it's a thing. 

Domino’s is fucking gross. I kept hearing how they had improved, and when I gave them a shot, I was very disappointed. Glad I didn’t pay for it.

I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell since about 2004. No intention nor desire to eat it again in my life. If you want good and relatively cheap tacos, just go to Laredo Taco at 7-11.

I don’t recall ever seeing a Wendy’s in Brazil. They do love them some McDonald’s though. I will say it is better there than here. But I still prefer going to Bob’s or Habib’s if I am eating fast food in Brazil.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell since about 2004. No intention nor desire to eat it again in my life. If you want good and relatively cheap tacos, just go to Laredo Taco at 7-11.

I have some great and had some not so great experiences at LT.  The first time I went to one at the Grand Parkway and Birnham Woods and it was fantastic. Everything there was fresh. The one closest to my house never seems to have anything fresh.  I've been several times and their stuff for breakfast tacos is always old.  Their carne guisada is actually pretty good though and I do like their salsa. 

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s not the best thing they have going for them. The best thing they have food for them is that you can get 5 items to put it on for less than $5

Today I learned that Taco Bell jacks their individual item prices on Door Dash and Uber Eats. I wondered when the hell a hard shell taco went to to $2.09. Turns out, it didn't. 

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Today I learned that Taco Bell jacks their individual item prices on Door Dash and Uber Eats. I wondered when the hell a hard shell taco went to to $2.09. Turns out, it didn't. 

My son did Door Dash for a while.  He could never get over how many people would pay $10 for a taco, or $24 for a single slice of cheesecake, to be delivered to them.  "Get in your fucking car and pick it up yourself!"   If you're gonna order Door Dash, order a bunch of stuff to make the delivery charge worth it, AND don't order things that are marked up just because they're on Door Dash.

^

Precisely, I thought that was kind of the tacit understanding, "I'm shitfaced drunk and/or really fucked up on drugs and need to eat.  So your 20% surcharge plus 15% tip plus $3 service fee sounds reasonable at this point.  I'm just ordering myself food so the economies of scale don't apply.  If I was sensibly ordering for a family of 4...would I be trying to get a pizza, bloody mary, and cookie at fucking 6:30am?"  No!  Also text me when you close, I got a crisp $20 if you stop off and pick me up a sixer of miller lite to take the edge off.  

36 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

Precisely, I thought that was kind of the tacit understanding, "I'm shitfaced drunk and/or really fucked up on drugs and need to eat.  So your 20% surcharge plus 15% tip plus $3 service fee sounds reasonable at this point.  I'm just ordering myself food so the economies of scale don't apply.  If I was sensibly ordering for a family of 4...would I be trying to get a pizza, bloody mary, and cookie at fucking 6:30am?"  No!  Also text me when you close, I got a crisp $20 if you stop off and pick me up a sixer of miller lite to take the edge off.  

You do dumb shit when you’re drunk.  I’ve had a favor driver bring me a can of Copenhagen.

That's gonna be baked into their fundraising deck somewhere.  I'm sure they see "surge pricing" spikes on their revenue reports in a given area after some major game/event/festival in that area.  All the way up through the following afternoon.  I'd like to hear those pitches, "We can't guarantee these spikes will occur every Sunday in October and November, but we feel confident that people in Austin will continue to be fucked up on those mornings and pay our upcharges."  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

^

Bingo.

But that's what bugged me out today when I was reading this thread. I have the dash pass. So I pretty much thought I was paying market prices plus an absurd tip (gotta do it if you want your order picked up). I'm reading brisket's post and thinking 'this dude must not have been to Taco Bell in awhile because I can't get out of there for less than $23 and 4 items'. So I looked it up. Menu price is $1.39 on the TB site and $2.09 on DD and UE. Never dawned on me that they were putting a surcharge on the actual menu items, as well. Of course if I'm drunk enough to order taco bell I'm also definitely drunk enough to pay an extra 30 cents on the dollar for my mega gordita crunchwrap. Fuck if they told me they could make me a Mexican Pizza I'd probably sign over my 401k.

Edited by Baboontyme

On 10/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, Baboontyme said:

So I looked it up. Menu price is $1.39 on the TB site and $2.09 on DD and UE.

They didn't always do this but started doing it recently. It's hard to find a restaurant that they don't upcharge now.

It's a fucking sham like every service has become in this country. 

"Oh well we gave you a free delivery fee but that doesn't include the service fee. There's also a large order fee. Also you need to tip"

I enjoy Taco Bell sometimes because it's like stepping back into 1978 to get a hard-shelled Ortega ground beef taco. It's not Mexican, it's High School.

But ever so often I'll be in there when a bunch of Guatemalan-type dudes who just shingled a roof will come in there to eat. I wonder what's going on then. Is Taco Bell so non-authentic that they see it as just another US fast food joint? That'd be fairly accurate. Did the lady who always brings a truck full of real food right to where they are working, did she call in sick? Maybe. Es un misterio.

The whackadoodle menu at Taco Bell confuses me. I go there for cheap burritos or tacos... Why do they try to impress me with creativity? I'm not there for creativity, I'm there for cheap knockoffs of Mexican-ish fast food. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite places to drop 5 bucks, but I don't understand their marketing even a little bit.

23 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I enjoy Taco Bell sometimes because it's like stepping back into 1978 to get a hard-shelled Ortega ground beef taco. It's not Mexican, it's High School.

But ever so often I'll be in there when a bunch of Guatemalan-type dudes who just shingled a roof will come in there to eat. I wonder what's going on then. Is Taco Bell so non-authentic that they see it as just another US fast food joint? That'd be fairly accurate. Did the lady who always brings a truck full of real food right to where they are working, did she call in sick? Maybe. Es un misterio.

I don't think it's that confounding. I like taco bell from time to time. I also like authentic Mexican food. They are different things. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think it's that confounding. I like taco bell from time to time. I also like authentic Mexican food. They are different things. 

I guess the part that makes me chuckle isn't that Taco Bell is its own non-Mexican world, we all know that. It's when I see anything, or in this case anybody-- authentic inside a Taco Bell.

Kind of like if you saw actual Somali pirates on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I guess the part that makes me chuckle isn't that Taco Bell is its own non-Mexican world, we all know that. It's when I see anything, or in this case anybody-- authentic inside a Taco Bell.

Kind of like if you saw actual Somali pirates on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

It is a funny image. 

Don't they know there are better Taco places???

Edited by ztejas
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

That spicy nacho cheese Doritos taco slams.  If they still have that even. 

Edited by Hook1997

My kids are obsessed with waffle house waffles. I'm pretty sure my 12 year old could take down that fantasy football challenge/bet a lot easier than that clown on Twitter did. I don't think I've ever had one, either to be honest. But they each order like 4 of them whenever we go. 

ahem

Taco Bell gives instant thermonuclear grease fire dooreha. It's evil, makes my digestive tract burst in pain. It's evil.  I won't even go inside the place if others of my party go inside. 

I used to enjoy the BK chicken sandwich about 10 years ago  but the quality has dropped off somehow.  BK whopper isn't bad, will kill you with cholesterol but tastes good and is filling. 

Just avoid fast food completely guys.  Much on softer fruit like peaches and roma tomatoes, with a touch of salt it's really good and tasty - your tastebuds will adapt away from potato chips / fast food quickly and your doctor will be pleased. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

ahem

Taco Bell gives instant thermonuclear grease fire dooreha. It's evil, makes my digestive tract burst in pain. It's evil.  I won't even go inside the place if others of my party go inside. 

I used to enjoy the BK chicken sandwich about 10 years ago  but the quality has dropped off somehow.  BK whopper isn't bad, will kill you with cholesterol but tastes good and is filling. 

Just avoid fast food completely guys.  Much on softer fruit like peaches and roma tomatoes, with a touch of salt it's really good and tasty - your tastebuds will adapt away from potato chips / fast food quickly and your doctor will be pleased. 

username does not check out

• 1 year later...