The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Bossk and Dengar had better pop up in here somewhere. And some Twi'lek flashdance is intriguing.

Fett has been crossing paths with both of them in the comics right now, and if you'd believe it, he fucked both of them over. I'd bet the series is gonna be shades of "Tales of Jabba's Palace"

On 11/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Dutch said:

Yeah that looks incredible.  So does Ming-Na; definitely in the "Babes over 50 who still have it" category. 

CSB- I was the foreman of a jury that she was on. She just hung out and didn't leave the courthouse for lunch, so we just chatted about kids and such. Really really cool person, down to earth and with a very wry sense of humor.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:55 AM, Captainant said:

Fett has been crossing paths with both of them in the comics right now, and if you'd believe it, he fucked both of them over. I'd bet the series is gonna be shades of "Tales of Jabba's Palace"

Interesting.

Wasn't Dengar kind of a mentor to young Boba in the CW series? It's been a while since I've seen those episodes so maybe I'm remembering incorrectly...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Rodriguez basically promising us the moon in this interview : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/robert-rodriguez-interview-book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-1235062364/

I hope he can deliver. 

Boba Fett was one of Rodriguez's childhood obsessions, so here's hoping.

Some highlights for those too busy to read the article : 

- The trailers only contain footage from the first half of the first episode. RR said had he included footage from the second half of the first episode it would give away the big reveal. So something big happens in the first episode. I don't think they can top the introduction of Baby Yoda, but that seems to be their goal. 

- "Big surprises in every episode." The Star Wars podcast nerds think much of this will be adding Legends characters to Canon by introducing them in Book of Boba Fett.

“Things turn up you don’t expect, you see things we couldn’t believe we got to do,” he says. “Every episode has big surprises.”

Not a bold prediction by any means, but I think some Filoni favorites will make their first appearances in live action. Namely Cad Bane and Hondo. It is a show about bounty hunters and criminals. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I'll watch, but I don't know any characters outside the main films and The Mandalorian. If it comes from comics or the animated series', I'm sure the nerds will love it, but I hope they have sufficient explanation for those of us who haven't followed these other stories. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'll watch, but I don't know any characters outside the main films and The Mandalorian. If it comes from comics or the animated series', I'm sure the nerds will love it, but I hope they have sufficient explanation for those of us who haven't followed these other stories. 

I think it’ll be fine. 

It’ll be like Ashoka last season. You don’t need to have watched the animated series or know who Ashoka was before seeing her in the Mandalorian, but it’ll be like a special treat for the people who have watched those series.

On 12/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Some highlights for those too busy to read the article : 

- The trailers only contain footage from the first half of the first episode. RR said had he included footage from the second half of the first episode it would give away the big reveal. So something big happens in the first episode. I don't think they can top the introduction of Baby Yoda, but that seems to be their goal. 

- "Big surprises in every episode." The Star Wars podcast nerds think much of this will be adding Legends characters to Canon by introducing them in Book of Boba Fett.

“Things turn up you don’t expect, you see things we couldn’t believe we got to do,” he says. “Every episode has big surprises.”

Not a bold prediction by any means, but I think some Filoni favorites will make their first appearances in live action. Namely Cad Bane and Hondo. It is a show about bounty hunters and criminals. 

Well, this wasn't true at all. 

Who was Matt Berry voicing?  The robot?