The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

what am i missing?

Spoiler

Harrison Ford was allegedly credited for episode 7.  But take that with a grain of salt, because IMDB does not have a stringent review policy for people who post that stuff. 

BOBF is watchable but obviously not as good as Mando.  Naboo fighter was stupid to me.  Hoping this series puts Boba Fett to bed because at this point he’s just not a good character.  Same for Shand imho.  Optimistic about Kenobi, Ashoka, and Mando S3.

Mando has mostly just made me depressed that the sequel trilogy (especially episode 9) could have been so much better.  What a wasted opportunity.

Rosario Dawson gives me a lot of confidence that Ahsoka will kick absolute ass. I thought her portrayal was spot on and met my expectations of where I thought Ahsoka would be as a character.

Mando just has a better cast throughout. Hands down. As I stated before: Incredible talent shines no matter how much latex and armor you put on it.

Just like my penis.

Right. Script issues could have something to do with the fact that Obi Wan should be landlocked to Tatooine and keeping a low profile since that was the whole f'ing point of him staying there to safeguard Luke from the Emperor to begin with. Supposedly the script was basically an Obi Wan version of the Mandalorian. 

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL it's basically a fanboy meme at this point. 

Anything fanboys don't like = "must be Kathleen Kennedy's fault"

The sequels happened with her full blessing and approval.  We can bitch about JJ Abrams fucking up and trying to give us IV again, and bitch about Johnson, but she should have held JJ's feet to the fire and had an actual outline for the three sequels, and she's the one who signed off on the scripts and films.  It's not like LucasFilm was producing a bunch of movies on their own either - it was basically just the sequels.

Also, that shit with Palps should never have happened.

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The sequels happened with her full blessing and approval.  We can bitch about JJ Abrams fucking up and trying to give us IV again, and bitch about Johnson, but she should have held JJ's feet to the fire and had an actual outline for the three sequels, and she's the one who signed off on the scripts and films.  It's not like LucasFilm was producing a bunch of movies on their own either - it was basically just the sequels.

The Mandalorian, Rogue One, The Clone Wars and Rebels also happened with her "full blessing and approval."  Literally everything that has happened at LucasFilm since 2012 has her "full blessing and approval", as she's been the President since then.

That's my point.

If, as the president of LucasFilm, she gets "blamed" for the sequel trilogy, then she she also should get credit for the "good stuff." 

And note that I'm not saying she *doesn't* deserve some blame for the sequel trilogy, because she does. I just think it's entirely ridiculous that all of the whiney fanboys on the internet want to blame her for literally anything they don't like Star Wars related without giving her an ounce of credit for the things they *do* like. 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As I’m sure you’re well aware, just the tip of the iceberg. 

- Ordered reshoots of Rogue One because “it was too much of a dark, wartime movie.”

- Hired an acting coach for Alden Ehrenreich in the middle of filming Solo. 

Haha, let’s laugh at the Star Wars fanboys about their Kathleen Kennedy bogeyman theories. She’s not the bogeyman, she’s the President of Lucasfilm. She’s the boss. 

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

The Mandalorian, Rogue One, The Clone Wars and Rebels also happened with her "full blessing and approval."  Literally everything that has happened at LucasFilm since 2012 has her "full blessing and approval", as she's been the President since then.

That's my point.

If, as the president of LucasFilm, she gets "blamed" for the sequel trilogy, then she she also should get credit for the "good stuff." 

And note that I'm not saying she *doesn't* deserve some blame for the sequel trilogy, because she does. I just think it's entirely ridiculous that all of the whiney fanboys on the internet want to blame her for literally anything they don't like Star Wars related without giving her an ounce of credit for the things they *do* like. 

Fair. Kennedy seems to have a good working relationship with Filoni and Favreau. 

I think Kennedy cares more about the films, specifically the sequels; thusly she’s more involved in their creation. She thinks she’s protecting George Lucas’ legacy, but is actually stunting the creative process. She’s not a bad person or out to ruin Star Wars. She’s a clueless executive who doesn’t know how to run her own company. Examples of this are too numerous to list. 

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As I’m sure you’re well aware, just the tip of the iceberg. 

- Ordered reshoots of Rogue One because “it was too much of a dark, wartime movie.”

- Hired an acting coach for Alden Ehrenreich in the middle of filming Solo. 

Haha, let’s laugh at the Star Wars fanboys about their Kathleen Kennedy bogeyman theories. She’s not the bogeyman, she’s the President of Lucasfilm. She’s the boss. 

- Fired the directors of Solo, again in the middle of filming, and replaced them with her friend Ron Howard.

Ok so yeah.

Obviously spoilers but I can't figure how to on mobile.

Luke wasn't as creepy cgi this time. Voice was good.
Grogu doing Yoda flips.
Grogu in Yoda backpack worn by Luke
While Luke flips through trees.

JFC Filloni we get it. Also, loved to see it

Force crush

Chainmail

Rosario Dawson can get it

Cobb mfinh Vanth. Love the western style. And that guy at the end. CB. cannot wait for him to fuck shit up more. Voice was on point there too.

Hi my name is deputy and I'm a new character bam bam bam ded. Fodder. He was new.

Din always acts like he has no clue he's in a star wars Skywalker Epic tale universe. I love it.
"hi friend" to r2 "I'm looking for.... Skywalker?" oh you mean the legendary jedi you witnessed first hand do godly things and then handed your child over too? Yeah. That guy. With a question mark? Cause you're not sure?

Rosario Dawson. That's the tweet.

[/spoilers]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 4

Goddamn Filoni has to be grinning ear to ear with what he gets to do here. He's writing the story of Luke healing and undoing the damage Anakin did. Like, in a literal sense with Grogu's flashback

And also, if you would have told me a few years ago that we would see Luke and Ahsoka talking in a live action series titled "Book of Boba Fett" I would've told you to lay off the fanfiction lol. We are so goddamn lucky as star wars fans

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going back and reading some of the earlier pages in this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of people don't understand how Filoni (and now Favreau) works. Episodes that seem slow or filler are him carefully moving his pieces on the chess board so that when it comes time to go on attack every piece has a role to play and it all comes together beautifully in the end. It's kinda like GRRM in game of thrones, except for the end part.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Going back and reading some of the earlier pages in this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of people don't understand how Filoni (and now Favreau) works. Episodes that seem slow or filler are him carefully moving his pieces on the chess board so that when it comes time to go on attack every piece has a role to play and it all comes together beautifully in the end. It's kinda like GRRM in game of thrones, except for the end part.

Episodes 1-3 of BOBF could have been condensed to 1 or 1.5 episodes, and save more time for shit like this. Here we are, eternally teased by not knowing what Ahsoka told Luke about his father, mother, Obi Wan, the various Sith, her encounters with Vader, or the events of Rebels. Or if Luke told her how Obi Wan died or what went down on Death Star 2. Glad we had 3+ episodes dedicated to Tusken culture and Boba dealing with local tavern owners and town mayors though!

10 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Episodes 1-3 of BOBF could have been condensed to 1 or 1.5 episodes, and save more time for shit like this. Here we are, eternally teased by not knowing what Ahsoka told Luke about his father, mother, Obi Wan, the various Sith, her encounters with Vader, or the events of Rebels. Or if Luke told her how Obi Wan died or what went down on Death Star 2. Glad we had 3+ episodes dedicated to Tusken culture and Boba dealing with local tavern owners and town mayors though!

Boba will most likely play an important part in Mando season 3 - he will be the one backing Mando when shit happens with the Mandalore throne/etc., because the Covert has turned their back on Mando, and Bo-Katan definitely won't be in his corner. The Armorer even said that the Mythosaur would “herald a new age of Mandalore” and Boba Fett's signet is, you guess it, a Mythosaur.  That was not a throwaway line, not after we glimpses of Mandalore itself.

Ahsoka is getting her own show, and a part of me thinks that Filoni would rather leave the conversations that Ahsoka had with Luke to the imagination of the fans.

I also think the Tuskens are going to come in and aid Boba.  It's a classic Western trope in that sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Dave m’f’n Filoni!!!!

Yup. 

12 hours ago, Captainant said:

Goddamn Filoni has to be grinning ear to ear with what he gets to do here. He's writing the story of Luke healing and undoing the damage Anakin did. Like, in a literal sense with Grogu's flashback

Yup. 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

qmwfhiraw9dmfduw39hc.jpg

Indeed. 

“Think it through…” R2…“I’m an old friend of the family…” Flashback…. Cad Motherfucking Bane in all his Cad Motherfucking Bane-ness… Beskar Mithril… The choice…

Yeah…six to midnight. 

I’m thinking we haven’t seen the last of Vanth.   He just took one in the shoulder (unlike Deputy Cannon Fodder who took four), and the villagers asked for the “med pack.” Poor as they are, I wouldn’t think they would waste it if he was already dead. 

Only one ep left? Damn. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1