The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

21 hours ago, Red Five said:

So this is a separate tribe of Tusken Raiders from what we've seen in the past? Not the rapey killey ones?

The chief said there were multiple tribes of Tuskens. His tribe hid in the desert. Others fought the "outworlders". I'd imagine the raiding variety are what we saw in ANH, TPM, and AOTC who actively went after farmers. Not all that different from Comanches or Apaches. 

I thought the episode was fantastic in building a larger world out of the glimpses we saw in the movies. Loved the train scene. That was so much better than Solo's train heist. Black Krrstan needs to pull some arms out of sockets.

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s lots of rumors out there, and I think it’s mostly wishful thinking, but avoid Star Wars related social media if you worry about this stuff

Spoiler

Supposedly Luke will be coming in with Mara Jade, and possibly Han and Leia.  

I honestly hope not because I want Boba and Shand to stand on their own, but this would be a good way to wash away the bad taste of the sequels.

And they deliberately made sure in Mando S2E16 that Luke and Boba would not see each other   That was extremely odd    

The chief said there were multiple tribes of Tuskens. His tribe hid in the desert. Others fought the "outworlders". I'd imagine the raiding variety are what we saw in ANH, TPM, and AOTC who actively went after farmers. Not all that different from Comanches or Apaches. 
I thought the episode was fantastic in building a larger world out of the glimpses we saw in the movies. Loved the train scene. That was so much better than Solo's train heist. Black Krrstan needs to pull some arms out of sockets.

I don’t know anything about BK, and I’m not gonna go looking, but they did a great job with his look. The idea of a wookie with bad intentions is exciting. All we really know of them up until now is that they are gentle giants.

11 hours ago, Rimbo said:
  Hide contents

Dude, Star Wars is, and always has been, a Western set in space.

Of course, the second episode is Dances with Tuskens.

Yes I know, it's always had elements of a western set in space, mixed with samurai shit - minus whatever the fuck the last 3 movies tried to do.  This episode just punched you in the face with it. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

There’s lots of rumors out there, and I think it’s mostly wishful thinking, but avoid Star Wars related social media if you worry about this stuff

Reveal hidden contents

I honestly hope not because I want Boba and Shand to stand on their own, but this would be a good way to wash away the bad taste of the sequels.

And they deliberately made sure in Mando S2E16 that Luke and Boba would not see each other   That was extremely odd    

Spoiler

They really should have made some post-ROTJ movies so we could have seen more of this kind of stuff. Oh well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my life would be so different today had they made star wars content between 1983 and 1999. 

I think the content would've been pretty terrible if Lucas did a post-OT trilogy. Lucas was spent and ready to move on. Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in Jedi so he wouldn't have come back for more. Carrie Fisher was in the worst part of her drug addiction and depression. Mark Hamill would've been onboard and Billy Dee but that's about it, I'd imagine. Creatively, I think people would've hated Lucas post-trilogy ideas. A lot of his original post-trilogy ideas were truncated into Jedi with an Emperor figure and Luke's long lost twin sister being in another galaxy.  

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

doesn't seem that odd that they had Luke and Boba not see each other. if they saw each other there would have to be some kind of confrontation and dialog. it would have taken too long and taken away from the scene.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Spoiler

At this point, I’d rather them leave Mara alone. I can’t think of any way they can do that character just AND reconcile it with the timeline forced by episodes 7-9. 

I did like the actress and character of Ray, however, if they wanted and female lead and still shake things up, I think Mara would have been a better route 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I'll quickly confess to not knowing how much an executive producer does or doesn't do.  But I would guess he has some influence.  And since they worked so closely together on the Mandalorian, maybe they talk a bit?  I dunno.  Anyway, seemed like his style from what little I have picked up on. Favreau obvs knows what he's doing, which is great.

I think in the TV world, the Executive Producer is referred to as the "show runner", meaning while you have others write and direct specific episodes, the EP/show runner is ultimately responsible for the show and has the final say on everything. 

A good example is someone like Greg Daniels on the U.S. version of "The Office."  They had a writers' room and many different people direct episodes, but he was the guy who had final approval on scripts/edits/etc. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, Buzzrock said:

I don’t know anything about BK, and I’m not gonna go looking, but they did a great job with his look. The idea of a wookie with bad intentions is exciting. All we really know of them up until now is that they are gentle giants.

He must be a South Pole Wookiee.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

At some point, I'll binge watch this show, so I haven't been reading the thread to avoid spoilers, so apologies if already addressed:

How/why does Boba Fett have Madalorian armor? He's not Mandalorian, or is he...?

If this is something that will be explained during the show, nevermind.

It’s explained in the prequels.

Jango Fett is his father/Boba is a close of Jango (Jango was the basis for all the clones in the Clone Wars and Boba was his payment - one unmodified clone he would raise as a son), and Jango was Mandalorian.  When Jango was killed; Boba took his armor and started wearing it when he grew up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, hornian said:

Jango Fett is his father/Boba is a close of Jango (Jango was the basis for all the clones in the Clone Wars and Boba was his payment - one unmodified clone he would raise as a son), and Jango was Mandalorian.  When Jango was killed; Boba took his armor and started wearing it when he grew up. 

I think they also said Jango was adopted into the society like Mando in the Mandalorian season 2

25 minutes ago, hornian said:

Thanks. i knew he was a clone of Jango, but I did not know Jango was a Mandalorian.

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think they also said Jango was adopted into the society like Mando in the Mandalorian season 2

Correct. There’s 2 ways to be Mandalorian - be born Mandalorian or be adopted by a Mandalorian. 

Ironically Boba was “born” into it even through Jango was adopted. 

Man, what a fucking episode. Danny Trejo as the rancor handler is a nice touch

Edit: some nerd lore, Black Krrsantan was originally sold into the fighting pits like the hutts suggested Boba do, and swore a life debt to pay his captors back in kind. Since Boba released him with "no hard feelings" that basically guarantees that Krrsantan is gonna show up again to return the favor. Since this is Star Wars and all lol

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Wasn't a fan of the slow speed chase but I enjoyed everything else. The stage has definitely been set for some pretty epic stuff yet to come.

The chase did look like it was in slow-motion, with the Cyberpunk 2077 crew having such beautiful, unblemished speeders in a harsh dessert terrain. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The chase did look like it was in slow-motion, with the Cyberpunk 2077 crew having such beautiful, unblemished speeders in a harsh dessert terrain. 

The speeders were like a cross between American Graffiti and Quadrophenia. Although with all the body modification and the extra mirrors I think they should be called the Mods lol

I really liked the episode. The Black K scene was bad ass, but the Power Rangers handling him was a stretch. I think they’re setting up a Black K - Boba Alliance which is fine if Boba breaks bad, but I don’t want to watch a truly evil character in Black K to become a good guy. 

The Space Vespas looked regarded. I think Filoni came with an idea that would look cool in animation, but looks like shit in live action. 

Boba finally used the jet pack. Brief but very cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

That.  Was.  Awesome.  

Can’t wait to watch him wreck shop on the Pykes while riding a Rancor.  

You think it's as simple as that? 

Something was off about Trejo...as if, he wasn't being completely truthful.

Edited by McCroskey
  • Hook 'Em 2

The Hutts are pretty wiley and ruthless, but even they know not to mess with the Pykes. Telling him to leave while conveniently giving him a rancor pet while his palace conveniently has a rancor pit is a good way of ensuring he stays to run interference with the Pykes so they don't have to. And they probably know he has previous history with the Pykes as well. I'm guessing that that previous history will not have been a pleasant one. They are likely behind the slaughter of his Tusken tribe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McCroskey said:

You think it's as simple as that? 

Something was off about Trejo...as if, he wasn't being completely truthful.

He was truthful with the Rancor as Baba walked off.

6 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The Hutts are pretty wiley and ruthless, but even they know not to mess with the Pykes. Telling him to leave while conveniently giving him a rancor pet while his palace conveniently has a rancor pit is a good way of ensuring he stays to run interference with the Pykes so they don't have to. And they probably know he has previous history with the Pykes as well. I'm guessing that that previous history will not have been a pleasant one. They are likely behind the slaughter of his Tusken tribe.

“They” being the Pykes or the Hutts?

I'm going to thermal detonate this place down. 

I thought the bike chase was cheesy but he's got to get a gang somehow. I hope we get a flashback to Boba going native on the biker gang.

I don't think the twins are doing anything with the Rancor other than anchoring him to Jabba's palace so they can benefit from the after effects of his war with the Pykes. 

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I thought that episode was all over the place. Parts felt like a CW show, and parts were good. Stephen Root is awesome as always and BK and Trejo were good. But everything with the lame biker gang was pretty bad. It feels very uneven. Hoping that it settles in.

the vespa speeder chase was awful and pointless

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1