Wait a minute: So Corey Lewandowski is fucking Kristi Noem?

Gil Bang

Can't wait to hear how this gets spinned away.  

"She was obviously an ANTIFA undercover operator.  Sure it's very disturbing that an ANTIFA member could get into the highest level meetings of the Trump inner circle, but we'll deal with that deep state shit later on after we get our country back."

---or---

"She was just upset/disappointed that she couldn't be with Trump.  Corey's a fine catch, but she's one of those women---if she can't have the King in her bed...she ain't gonna settle for a Prince.  This is her just lashing out at Trump for not bedding her."  

---of---

Whatever Tucker Carlson says about her tomorrow night.

i find it shocking that going to social events in order to raise money and to celebrate a man who boasts about sexually assaulting women without consequence or accountability because he is "famous" attended by his sycophants and his financial underwriters is probably not the best way to avoid horny psychopaths that don't believe there are any consequences or accountability in sexually harassing and assaulting women.

"i'm outraged, why do men feel entitled to behave this way?!?!  here's some money from my husband's construction company, mr. president."

trashelle-odom.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, sidis said:

i find it shocking that going to social events in order to raise money and to celebrate a man who boasts about sexually assaulting women without consequence or accountability because he is "famous" attended by his sycophants and his financial underwriters is probably not the best way to avoid horny psychopaths that don't believe there are any consequences or accountability in sexually harassing and assaulting women.

"i'm outraged, why do men feel entitled to behave this way?!?!  here's some money from my husband's construction company, mr. president."

trashelle-odom.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Would anyone be surprised to find out her husband does the exact same thing to other women?  Yeah, me neither. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Corey is outraged that she broke the first rule of the Teppanyaki Code.  

What happens at Benihana.  Stays at Benihana.  

Except the thing where the chef flips the shrimp up into his hat, you can talk about that with outsiders.

So, the only thing in that entire transcript that is impossible to believe is that ole' Corey runs '400 miles a week.' He's actually claiming that he runs 2 marathons every day. What a fucking blowhard twat. He's like a walking, unfunny version of the intro to Busta Rhymes's Gimme Some More. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, the only thing in that entire transcript that is impossible to believe is that ole' Corey runs '400 miles a week.' He's actually claiming that he runs 2 marathons every day. What a fucking blowhard twat. He's like a walking, unfunny version of the intro to Busta Rhymes's Gimme Some More. 

so you bought the 8 hour sex sessions and the fact that a guy that insecure and overcompensating could possibly have an above-average sized dick?  particularly after his behavior betrays the fact that he's addicted to steroids?

29 minutes ago, sidis said:

so you bought the 8 hour sex sessions and the fact that a guy that insecure and overcompensating could possibly have an above-average sized dick?  particularly after his behavior betrays the fact that he's addicted to steroids?

Not at all, but dipshits outright lying about their sexual competency is pretty old fucking hate for literally like, everyone. Same way he bragged about his cock size. I have zero doubt that twat brushes his tip against the urinal when he pisses because he doesn't want folks peeking. But there's a lot of guys that insecure. 

Now, claiming to daily do an athletic feat that all but the smallest of specially trained athletes in the world could do...and claiming to do it on a daily basis? That's bold, Cotton. And to do it daily. As if spending 8-10 hours EVERY day jogging is plausible. Shit, he may as well just have claimed he's also capable of giving birth to children

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not at all, but dipshits outright lying about their sexual competency is pretty old fucking hate for literally like, everyone. Same way he bragged about his cock size. I have zero doubt that twat brushes his tip against the urinal when he pisses because he doesn't want folks peeking. But there's a lot of guys that insecure. 

Now, claiming to daily do an athletic feet that all but the smallest of specially trained athletes in the world could do...and claiming to do it on a daily basis? That's bold, Cotton. And to do it daily. As if spending 8-10 hours EVERY day jogging is plausible. Shit, he may as well just have claimed he's also capable of giving birth to children

well, when trying to seduce someone named trashelle from idaho who gives money to trump aggrandizing organizations, why not go for broke?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now, claiming to daily do an athletic feet that all but the smallest of specially trained athletes in the world could do...and claiming to do it on a daily basis? That's bold, Cotton. And to do it daily. As if spending 8-10 hours EVERY day jogging is plausible. Shit, he may as well just have claimed he's also capable of giving birth to children

rex-ryan-new-york-jets.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

That report is incredible. At some point, though, just fucking leave. Why would you want to be associated with these fucking monsters?

Man, I don't know. Went back through his wikipedia page as a refresher and, holy fuck, this guy is a sleazeball extraordinaire.

All I could remember was that he was fired from running Trump's campaign early on and being charged with battery on a reporter, but then was reminded of his "womp, womp" in response to a story about a Down syndrome kid being locked up in a cage after being forcibly taken from her mom, along with him showing up drunk on the air on a separate occasion, as well as his failing to register as a foreign lobbyist, followed by an accusation of sexual harassment...amongst a lot of other dirty shit.

How the fuck, other than his apparent close personal friendship with TFG, is he not persona non grata at events like this?

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That report is incredible. At some point, though, just fucking leave. Why would you want to be associated with these fucking monsters?

Good question, and wasn't it a set up from the start? Sort of reeks like an aggressive version of the sex game that Matt Gaetz was accused of setting up with other male reps where they got points based upon who they slept with. Very much a power trip based off of the testimony of the seating arrangement. I'm no stranger to men making off color comments, but the first one that makes me uncomfortable and I'm out of there, consequences be damned.

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

How the fuck, other than his apparent close personal friendship with TFG, is he not persona non grata at events like this?

As @Brisketexanis fond of saying: "because there is no bottom."

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Good question, and wasn't it a set up from the start? Sort of reeks like an aggressive version of the sex game that Matt Gaetz was accused of setting up with other male reps where they got points based upon who they slept with. Very much a power trip based off of the testimony of the seating arrangement. I'm no stranger to men making off color comments, but the first one that makes me uncomfortable and I'm out of there, consequences be damned.

As @Brisketexanis fond of saying: "because there is no bottom."

Exactly. This isn't like getting cornered in a hotel room with no real escape routes. This happened at Benihana. After all the shit she alleges, and I believe most of it BTW, she continued to work her way through the function. It was clear Corey was not being dealt with and that none of his actions were going to get him disciplined or booted from the event. At some point, you say this ain't what I signed up for and you fucking bail.

Edited by C-Man

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey now. It's not every day that you go to a fundraiser and meet a man who can run a marathon and then in broad daylight kill two people in the middle of Boylston Street. I'd have to see his times first. Now, if he didn't actually qualify for his age group, then all bets are off.....

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, you don't believe that a person runs for 6-10 hours a day casually and still has time to work/grift?

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

At some point, you say this ain't what I signed up for and you fucking bail.

Her quote about being worried about throwing away everything her family had "worked for" is telling.  If she came home with a story that she pissed off Lewandowski and left early, she'd likely be kept at home for a week or so to cover up a couple of black eyes.  Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions about Trump mega-donors who make their money in the construction business, but...yeah I'm not sorry.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have to chime back in here and just say that it's probably 20% women posters in the Cloak Room these days. 

Is telling a woman you once stabbed somebody to death at 10 years of age while the chef is slicing up chicken on the hibachi...is that no longer the panty-dropper it used to be?  

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Her quote about being worried about throwing away everything her family had "worked for" is telling.  If she came home with a story that she pissed off Lewandowski and left early, she'd likely be kept at home for a week or so to cover up a couple of black eyes.  Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions about Trump mega-donors who make their money in the construction business, but...yeah I'm not sorry.

I saw that, and wondered and her husband is a big thick guy, but damn if I didn't survive several generations of family dysfunction to not listen to my mama about what to do when men treat you wrong. You get the hell out (from either situation). A man sure would and wouldn't look back on leaving either.

You make a valid point though. Every person is different.

6 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I had the same reaction.  Combined with it's clear this was an event that really had her jazzed.  Going to Benihana and meeting the Governor seem like major events in her life.  I can imagine how Trashelle would be torn by wanting to stay and see the flaming volcano and talk belt buckles with the Guv and then have it all ruined.  If only she could just stick around and get through it...

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

I saw that, and wondered and her husband is a big thick guy, but damn if I didn't survive several generations of family dysfunction to not listen to my mama about what to do when men treat you wrong. You get the hell out (from either situation). A man sure would and wouldn't look back on leaving either.

You make a valid point though. Every person is different.

Maybe her mama never told her that.  I've heard other mamas say you let the guy do whatever so long as you don't have to do much yourself and the rent is paid for.  

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Maybe her mama never told her that.  I've heard other mamas say you let the guy do whatever so long as you don't have to do much yourself and the rent is paid for.  

Fair enough. Like I said, the women in my family were generations in changing their ways, but thank heaven my mama was bound and determined to get us some education and skills so we could stand together or alone on our own terms.

• Hook 'Em 1

trashelle-odom.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

It's unfortunate she was accosted by that fuckstick, Lewandowski. But she obviously has zero problems giving money to a guy that brags about doing exactly what happened to her. So she can fuck right off with her sob story, because you sure as fuck know she's gonna keep shoveling money dotard's way.

Edit- I see sidis beat me to the punch. 

Edited by Blotto

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

trashelle-odom.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&

I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

It's unfortunate she was accosted by that fuckstick, Lewandowski. But she obviously has zero problems giving money to a guy that brags about doing exactly what happened to her. So she can fuck right off with her sob story, because you sure as fuck know she's gonna keep shoveling money dotard's way.

Pretty much where I am.

To borrow from their favorite fairy tale book.  You reap what you sow. 

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Because.....and follow me here, this is complicated.....you're a fucking monster too, just a different flavor. You are not just okay with sexual assault and men who brag about it -- you support them with huge gifts of cash.  You are not just okay with open xenophobia and racist dog whistles -- you help blow those whistles.

Leopards eating faces, reaping what you sow, all that shit.  All of the people associated with him are monsters.  All of them.  Every last fucking one of them.  Just like the phrase "but I was one of the GOOD nazis!" is nonsense, so is "but I was a GOOD Trumper."  If you support Trump, you are a piece of shit. 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because.....and follow me here, this is complicated.....you're a fucking monster too, just a different flavor. You are not just okay with sexual assault and men who brag about it -- you support them with huge gifts of cash.  You are not just okay with open xenophobia and racist dog whistles -- you help blow those whistles.

Leopards eating faces, reaping what you sow, all that shit.  All of the people associated with him are monsters.  All of them.  Every last fucking one of them.  Just like the phrase "but I was one of the GOOD nazis!" is nonsense, so is "but I was a GOOD Trumper."  If you support Trump, you are a piece of shit. 

Point taken.

9 hours ago, sidis said:

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that he's got a really tiny dick, we are talking really tiny - less than 6.5 inches, and he may even only have a 6-inch dick.  Can easily see him overcompensating for that.

Corey can dust off the Cameo account if he needs a few bucks.  

At this point, the only thing he has left is to write a book and go on a media tour saying what a piece of shit Trump and his underlings are.  He's an absolute total piece of shit with zero credibility, but at least that would be semi-entertaining.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lewandowski-demanded-cash-after-maga-land-kicked-him-to-the-curb

Last week, Donald Trump announced the exile of his confidant and former top campaign aide Corey Lewandowski, with advisers banishing him from leading a major pro-Trump super PAC, following sexual misconduct allegations against the loyalist from a big GOP donor.

But Lewandowski, initially, wouldn’t go, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

What followed, the sources described, was what amounted to stages of denial and bargaining before ultimately being abandoned by the world he claimed to dominate.

Lewandowski, at first privately and then publicly through a lawyer, denied the details of the alleged incident. When that didn’t work, he resisted leaving. Lewandowski then subsequently settled on pitching Trumpworld a not-so-modest proposal: in exchange for his resignation, the super PAC and the pro-Trump team would pay him a large sum of money to go away. Two of the knowledgeable sources said the former 2016 Trump campaign manager’s demand was for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But even though that Lewandowski super PAC—called Make America Great Again Action—currently sits on $6.58 million, mostly from Trump megadonors, he didn’t have the leverage he seemed to think he had. His fellow Trump lieutenants gave him a hard no.

“It doesn’t matter if he’d asked for five dollars, it wasn’t going to happen,” one individual familiar with the situation noted bluntly.

Spoiler

One person who was keen on Lewandowski walking away empty-handed was none other than his ex-boss and pal: former President Trump. The twice-impeached ex-president didn’t want to see Lewandowski slinking away with any of that money—which Trump views as his money, despite the patina of distance that is legally required between candidates and super PACs.

Shortly after Lewandowski made his request, Trump was briefed, according to two of the sources with knowledge of the matter, and scoffed at the idea of paying Lewandowski a large sum of cash to be ousted.

Instead of grappling with the notoriously belligerent operative, however, his MAGA Action colleagues simply abandoned him. Within days of Lewandowski’s firing they’d spun up a new super PAC, with a strikingly familiar name: Make America Great Again, Again! A pointed press statement on Monday declared the new group “the ONLY Trump-approved super PAC,” making no mention of the wayward former leader by name.

Lewandowski and his attorneys did not respond to requests for comment on this story. Neither did officials at the post-Lewandowski super PAC.

Lewandowski’s fall from MAGA grace stems from allegations last week that he had sexually assaulted a major donor to his own super PAC at a charity event. His accuser, Trashelle Odom—who is married to a top Idaho developer—claimed in a statement to Politico that Lewandowski had made a series of unwanted advances over the course of the evening, grabbing her buttocks and one of her legs, boasting about his genitalia, speaking to her lewdly, and flashing his room key. The Odoms reportedly asked the super PAC to refund their $100,000 if the group did not sever its ties with Lewandowski.

While Lewandowski’s own demands came up short this go-round, he was acting on precedent. After his ignominious dismissal during Trump’s first run—also prompted by accusations of assaulting a woman—Lewandowski scored a fat $20,000-a-month severance, netting him a total of nearly half a million dollars for his 14 months of service.

If the new super PAC’s name sounds familiar, it is. A number of Trump-aligned fundraising groups draw from a common argot. In addition to MAGA Action and MAGA Again!, those committees include Trump Make America Great Again, Make America Great Again PAC (his old campaign committee), and America First Action. 

That redundancy immediately drew ridicule and raised questions about why the crew needed to create a new super PAC in the first place. But it appears the stakeholders saw little choice.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted on Monday that Lewandowski was “one of two board members,” and with 50 percent control of the super PAC could not be voted out. This, Haberman noted, is what precipitated the take-my-ball-and-go-home fallback plan.

Because Lewandowski’s committee was a super PAC, federal election law prohibits the group from coordinating directly with candidates. And while Trump has not publicly taken responsibility for axing his former top aide—and while the group itself appears to have met with difficulty removing him—it is generally understood that Trump, the de factoleader of the Republican Party, was the person who ultimately made the call.

Lewandowski had been handpicked by Trump as early as February to helm MAGA Action, which announced its launch in late May. The Daily Beast previously reported that the rehabilitation of Trump’s former campaign boss was said to mark yet another nascent schism in Trump’s inner circle, with the opportunistic Lewandowski—one of the most widely disliked fixtures in Trumpworld—filling a vacuum left by certain aides and other associates who had sought some distance from Trump amid the fallout from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, which he had championed.

MAGA Again! officially announced Lewandowski’s ouster in a press statement on Monday, declaring that the net assets on MAGA Action’s $6.58 million balance sheet would be transferred to the new group. But that transfer hasn’t been confirmed, and the next round of federal financial disclosures is due in January. MAGA Again! representatives did not reply when asked directly about the transfer.

That process is normally straightforward, according to Dan Weiner, campaign finance law specialist at the Brennan Center for Justice.

“Super PACs can accept unlimited donations, and there are very few prohibitions on the source of those funds,” Weiner said. “It’s pretty normal to see super PACs send large amounts of money to other super PACs, so my guess is that they’d just cut a check and be done with it.”

But that may not be such a simple task if Lewandowski can still legally exercise control over the group and its spending. And while Trump’s spokesperson Taylor Budowich told The New York Times earlier this week that Lewandowski “will no longer be associated with Trump World,” he may still try to cling to the super PAC, along with its data and its millions in contributions.

Elsewhere in MAGAland, Lewandowski’s enemies—of which he’s made many in prominent GOP circles over the years—rejoiced.

“I remember the day I was fired from Trump’s 2016 campaign, and I got calls from reporters saying they’d just spoken to Corey Lewandowski,” Sam Nunberg, a former political adviser to Trump, said on Wednesday. “This, even after I was told that my termination was going to be done quietly. This is someone who is a power-hungry, talentless, amoral psychopath who hit the jackpot with Donald J. Trump… He’s a piece of trash.”

Nunberg added, “Let me get this straight: Lewandowski allegedly sexually harasses a donor. The donor and her husband complain. And Corey then refuses to graciously resign and make Donald Trump’s life easier? After everything Donald Trump has done for him? Wow, what a classy guy, real class act.”

The MAGA Again! press statement made the break appear as clear as possible. The group declared its independence from MAGA Action, laid claim to Trump’s personal endorsement, and announced new leadership. Pam Bondi, a longtime Trump ally who currently heads up America First Policy Institute—a Trump-adjacent “dark money” nonprofit—will chair, and Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle will serve as National Fundraising Chair.

While Bondi and Guilfoyle caught the press, MAGA Again! also features a quieter power. The group also works with veteran Republican fundraiser and strategist Susie Wiles, who brings institutional experience and party prowess to the table—not typically a strong suit in Trumpland.

One GOP strategist told The Daily Beast that Wiles, who earlier this year was tapped for a number of key roles in the Trump fundraising apparatus, was inserted as a stabilizing force.

“Susie is the smartest person in Trumpworld, partly because she keeps a low profile,” this strategist remarked, adding that Wiles was brought onboard to “streamline and professionalize the process” and “build it into something that’s not just a grift for someone to make money.”

Wiles also serves as a bridge between the increasingly insular Trump and the party writ large. As of the end of June, the former president had not given money to any candidate, according to campaign finance records, though his various affiliated committees hold roughly $200 million cash on hand.

“Obviously these groups are Trump’s, so they will prioritize Trump and his agenda above the party. But as far as his political strength is tied to his ability to work with the party, and help other candidates, she’s the right person for that,” the strategist said.

42 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Corey can dust off the Cameo account if he needs a few bucks.  

At this point, the only thing he has left is to write a book and go on a media tour saying what a piece of shit Trump and his underlings are.  He's an absolute total piece of shit with zero credibility, but at least that would be semi-entertaining.

Reveal hidden contents

One person who was keen on Lewandowski walking away empty-handed was none other than his ex-boss and pal: former President Trump. The twice-impeached ex-president didn’t want to see Lewandowski slinking away with any of that money—which Trump views as his money, despite the patina of distance that is legally required between candidates and super PACs.

Shortly after Lewandowski made his request, Trump was briefed, according to two of the sources with knowledge of the matter, and scoffed at the idea of paying Lewandowski a large sum of cash to be ousted.

Instead of grappling with the notoriously belligerent operative, however, his MAGA Action colleagues simply abandoned him. Within days of Lewandowski’s firing they’d spun up a new super PAC, with a strikingly familiar name: Make America Great Again, Again! A pointed press statement on Monday declared the new group “the ONLY Trump-approved super PAC,” making no mention of the wayward former leader by name.

Lewandowski and his attorneys did not respond to requests for comment on this story. Neither did officials at the post-Lewandowski super PAC.

Lewandowski’s fall from MAGA grace stems from allegations last week that he had sexually assaulted a major donor to his own super PAC at a charity event. His accuser, Trashelle Odom—who is married to a top Idaho developer—claimed in a statement to Politico that Lewandowski had made a series of unwanted advances over the course of the evening, grabbing her buttocks and one of her legs, boasting about his genitalia, speaking to her lewdly, and flashing his room key. The Odoms reportedly asked the super PAC to refund their $100,000 if the group did not sever its ties with Lewandowski.

While Lewandowski’s own demands came up short this go-round, he was acting on precedent. After his ignominious dismissal during Trump’s first run—also prompted by accusations of assaulting a woman—Lewandowski scored a fat $20,000-a-month severance, netting him a total of nearly half a million dollars for his 14 months of service.

If the new super PAC’s name sounds familiar, it is. A number of Trump-aligned fundraising groups draw from a common argot. In addition to MAGA Action and MAGA Again!, those committees include Trump Make America Great Again, Make America Great Again PAC (his old campaign committee), and America First Action. 

That redundancy immediately drew ridicule and raised questions about why the crew needed to create a new super PAC in the first place. But it appears the stakeholders saw little choice.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted on Monday that Lewandowski was “one of two board members,” and with 50 percent control of the super PAC could not be voted out. This, Haberman noted, is what precipitated the take-my-ball-and-go-home fallback plan.

Because Lewandowski’s committee was a super PAC, federal election law prohibits the group from coordinating directly with candidates. And while Trump has not publicly taken responsibility for axing his former top aide—and while the group itself appears to have met with difficulty removing him—it is generally understood that Trump, the de factoleader of the Republican Party, was the person who ultimately made the call.

Lewandowski had been handpicked by Trump as early as February to helm MAGA Action, which announced its launch in late May. The Daily Beast previously reported that the rehabilitation of Trump’s former campaign boss was said to mark yet another nascent schism in Trump’s inner circle, with the opportunistic Lewandowski—one of the most widely disliked fixtures in Trumpworld—filling a vacuum left by certain aides and other associates who had sought some distance from Trump amid the fallout from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, which he had championed.

MAGA Again! officially announced Lewandowski’s ouster in a press statement on Monday, declaring that the net assets on MAGA Action’s $6.58 million balance sheet would be transferred to the new group. But that transfer hasn’t been confirmed, and the next round of federal financial disclosures is due in January. MAGA Again! representatives did not reply when asked directly about the transfer.

That process is normally straightforward, according to Dan Weiner, campaign finance law specialist at the Brennan Center for Justice.

“Super PACs can accept unlimited donations, and there are very few prohibitions on the source of those funds,” Weiner said. “It’s pretty normal to see super PACs send large amounts of money to other super PACs, so my guess is that they’d just cut a check and be done with it.”

But that may not be such a simple task if Lewandowski can still legally exercise control over the group and its spending. And while Trump’s spokesperson Taylor Budowich told The New York Times earlier this week that Lewandowski “will no longer be associated with Trump World,” he may still try to cling to the super PAC, along with its data and its millions in contributions.

Elsewhere in MAGAland, Lewandowski’s enemies—of which he’s made many in prominent GOP circles over the years—rejoiced.

“I remember the day I was fired from Trump’s 2016 campaign, and I got calls from reporters saying they’d just spoken to Corey Lewandowski,” Sam Nunberg, a former political adviser to Trump, said on Wednesday. “This, even after I was told that my termination was going to be done quietly. This is someone who is a power-hungry, talentless, amoral psychopath who hit the jackpot with Donald J. Trump… He’s a piece of trash.”

Nunberg added, “Let me get this straight: Lewandowski allegedly sexually harasses a donor. The donor and her husband complain. And Corey then refuses to graciously resign and make Donald Trump’s life easier? After everything Donald Trump has done for him? Wow, what a classy guy, real class act.”

The MAGA Again! press statement made the break appear as clear as possible. The group declared its independence from MAGA Action, laid claim to Trump’s personal endorsement, and announced new leadership. Pam Bondi, a longtime Trump ally who currently heads up America First Policy Institute—a Trump-adjacent “dark money” nonprofit—will chair, and Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle will serve as National Fundraising Chair.

While Bondi and Guilfoyle caught the press, MAGA Again! also features a quieter power. The group also works with veteran Republican fundraiser and strategist Susie Wiles, who brings institutional experience and party prowess to the table—not typically a strong suit in Trumpland.

One GOP strategist told The Daily Beast that Wiles, who earlier this year was tapped for a number of key roles in the Trump fundraising apparatus, was inserted as a stabilizing force.

“Susie is the smartest person in Trumpworld, partly because she keeps a low profile,” this strategist remarked, adding that Wiles was brought onboard to “streamline and professionalize the process” and “build it into something that’s not just a grift for someone to make money.”

Wiles also serves as a bridge between the increasingly insular Trump and the party writ large. As of the end of June, the former president had not given money to any candidate, according to campaign finance records, though his various affiliated committees hold roughly $200 million cash on hand.

“Obviously these groups are Trump’s, so they will prioritize Trump and his agenda above the party. But as far as his political strength is tied to his ability to work with the party, and help other candidates, she’s the right person for that,” the strategist said.

The rather fascinating thing is, they (Lewandowski, et al) really don't go away for long. Like you say, he can do a book tour, join up with Flynn, what have you.

They get swatted away for awhile, but like flies and mosquitos they're always buzzing around looking for the next landing spot.

• 1 year later...