Free Astros Playoff tickets

Wulaw Horn

Congratulations man- That's awesome.  Where'd you win those at?
Facebook

People do those razzes and last night guy posted 45 spots @20 a spot. I was first to claim a spot and took 44 for Yordan.

Then after everyone gets in they pay and randomize and 44 hit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Thanks again for doing this @Wulaw Horn. It's always good to know the seats are going to intelligent fans that will be drunk and loud...or part of that anyway.

My pleasure guys.  

Like I said- @Scipioand I are doing this as sponsors of the website trying to help the community here.  We do mortgages. We have great rates. We save people lots of money.  We have solid referrals and references both on here and in real life.  We will be doing more stuff with @RGBIIIand @immamacas it relates to burnt endz, the dinner, the TE camp when that happens in the spring, etc.  There is never any purchase necessary for the community stuff that we do, but if you are in the market to cash out on your home equity with a refinance, save money on a refinance rate, or buy a house, or know anyone else that is looking to do the same I sure would be honored if we would be your first call.  832-557-1095. Or, of course, you can PM me.  

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, TexasAlpha said:

lol i get it now

So I get 2 tickets to Game 2 of the World Series if we make it?

Thank you!

Sort of, yeah- you get tickets to the 4th game we play from now.  All we know for sure is Game 6 of the ALCS is game 1.  Game 7 could be game 2, or game 2 could be game 1 or 3 of the World series- depending upon who gets in.  We will know for sure no later than Sunday night as it's obviously still up in the air with both series still going.  

ETA: Oops, I did what Boilerhorn did.

Dang. Didn't look at this thread for like half a day & missed errrrthing. Doh. I was told there would be no math. I thought our names would just be drawn from a hat. So only the tickets through game 6 (from now) have been awarded. Is that correct?

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, wood said:

ETA: Oops, I did what Boilerhorn did.

Dang. Didn't look at this thread for like half a day & missed errrrthing. Doh. I was told there would be no math. I thought our names would just be drawn from a hat. So only the tickets through game 6 (from now) have been awarded. Is that correct?

if you can’t spot the sucker in the thread…

nah, Wulaw (rightly) said “fuck it. we’re picking for all the potential games today.”

and rather than drawing names from a hat himself, he effectively had us do it by posting random numbers to see whose name they corresponded to.

at least I think that’s what happened 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

if you can’t spot the sucker in the thread…

nah, Wulaw (rightly) said “fuck it. we’re picking for all the potential games today.”

and rather than drawing names from a hat himself, he effectively had us do it by posting random numbers to see whose name they corresponded to.

at least I think that’s what happened 

That’s exactly what happened. Nobody was disadvantaged by not checking the thread. I had everyone’s name written down with a corresponding number on a list and then had people here call out numbers so that it was truly random and I wasn’t influenced by who I might like, dislike or not know. 
I haven’t heard from a couple people yet, so it’s possible scheduling conflicts could allow me to pick some more names. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s exactly what happened. Nobody was disadvantaged by not checking the thread. I had everyone’s name written down with a corresponding number on a list and then had people here call out numbers so that it was truly random and I wasn’t influenced by who I might like, dislike or not know. 
I haven’t heard from a couple people yet, so it’s possible scheduling conflicts could allow me to pick some more names. 

If people don't respond/backout, can you move me up in the standings.  Since I am game 6, if someone above me doesn't respond, can I move to game 5 ect?  Either way thanks for doing this Wulaw.  You're a legend.  

Driving in from Austin to see tonight's game.  As I mentioned to @Wulaw Horn privately yesterday, I have not been to an Astros game since they played the Dave Parker and Willie Stargell era Pirates in the Astrodome.

What do folks recommend for parking near the stadium.  Heading north afterward, so I was thinking of stopping at Baileson (near Rice campus) beforehand, but it seems I'll just have to drive some more.  So, Flying Saucer or Craft Beer Cellar might be better logistical options.  Thinking of having 1-2 craft brews at a reasonable price before heading in to the stadium for $47 bud lights.

I welcome the wisdom/experience of folks here.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

If people don't respond/backout, can you move me up in the standings.  Since I am game 6, if someone above me doesn't respond, can I move to game 5 ect?  Either way thanks for doing this Wulaw.  You're a legend.  

That’s completely fair. Yes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Driving in from Austin to see tonight's game.  As I mentioned to @Wulaw Horn privately yesterday, I have not been to an Astros game since they played the Dave Parker and Willie Stargell era Pirates in the Astrodome.

What do folks recommend for parking near the stadium.  Heading north afterward, so I was thinking of stopping at Baileson (near Rice campus) beforehand, but it seems I'll just have to drive some more.  So, Flying Saucer or Craft Beer Cellar might be better logistical options.  Thinking of having 1-2 craft brews at a reasonable price before heading in to the stadium for $47 bud lights.

Posted upthread but Ninfas (the original) on navigation is about a mile away, has free park ring and a decent bar, and runs a free shuttle to the game. That’s what I typically do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

I said posted upthread but it’s actually in the Astros thread. There are some other options discussed there too in the last couple pages.