House of the Dragon

crash_davis

32 minutes ago, YChang said:

I still really like the world of GoT despite the last season. Can't wait to see this.

I’m not as much of a hater on the last season as some. It could’ve used more episodes it did feel rushed I’ll give you that. But I didn’t mind the storylines and the turns it took that last season. Anyone that cares to comment, I just want to see what yall didn’t like about it

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I’m not as much of a hater on the last season as some. It could’ve used more episodes it did feel rushed I’ll give you that. But I didn’t mind the storylines and the turns it took that last season. Anyone that cares to comment, I just want to see what yall didn’t like about it

I'm assuming you thought The Long Night was the last episode of the series.

Edited by kevwun

2 hours ago, YChang said:

I still really like the world of GoT despite the last season. Can't wait to see this.

The last two and a half seasons sucked.  Kind of like Seinfeld.  Just not the same stuff that made the show great.  

On 10/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, Michael Knight said:

Can you tell the difference between architecture from 1100's England vs 1300?

4 hours ago, Augustus said:

Most people probably wouldn't, but there's quite a transition there from Romanesque to Gothic.

And the people who can tell the difference, you probably don't want to hang out with.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

The last two and a half seasons sucked.  Kind of like Seinfeld.  Just not the same stuff that made the show great.  

The finale was the only thing that sucked .  Seinfeld was genius until the end.  Your opinion is incorrect.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

If they’re smart they’ll limit these prequels to 2-3 seasons. HOD should fit nicely into this timeline since the war only lasted about two years.

Hopefully they wrote with this timeline in mind so that the pacing is much better than the end of GOT. Know your series length from the start and then write appropriately. I can’t imagine HBO is going season-to-season here. Hopefully they just greenlit the entire series. 

On 5/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, NorthLoop said:

The 2 things that failed GoT won't be there for this one. 

1. D&D 

2. Not having the whole story already written out for their hack writers. 

I'll stay optimistic for those reasons. 

And it's got Matt Smith as Vigo Carpathian so we've got that going for us.

FSQWZl2WQAIHCrh?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, NorthLoop said:

The 2 things that failed GoT won't be there for this one. 

1. D&D 

2. Not having the whole story already written out for their hack writers. 

I'll stay optimistic for those reasons. 

You're 1 & 2 are kind of the same thing

On 10/7/2021 at 10:45 AM, aggie08 said:

I realize as I'm writing this that this is weird nit to pick, but I'm bored by a show that's set 200+ years in the past that will, in all likelihood, look nearly identical with regards to architecture and technology.

It's not a weird bit to pick. Or at least I like to think so. 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:31 PM, DDD Dad said:

Hopefully there will be an episode devoted to boiled leather.

That would actually be somewhat appropriate.  Armor technology progressed quite a bit in two hundred years. If they were wearing full plate armor in TOS, boiled leather would be much closer to what they were wearing in this new one. Of course it is fantasy, so we have to pretend that the golden age of plate armor was in a period of stasis. It is what it is.

It should be fine if it is an adaptation of the book.  GoT got in trouble when it ran out of source material.  Seasons 6-8 were based on outlines of incomplete books and included shit Benioff and Weiss just made up.  Seasons 7 and 8 are clearly the weakest in the series as they moved from detailed outlines and book drafts into very roughly considered ideas.   

No Benioff/Weiss + relatively well-regarded book material + massive incentive to reestablish the GoT franchise gives this a chance imo

44 minutes ago, alincoln said:

No Benioff/Weiss + relatively well-regarded book material + massive incentive to reestablish the GoT franchise gives this a chance imo

I think there's some pent up demand for some quality GOT with how the original ended.  it left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth, that no one has rewatched GOT 1-8. Maybe somebody went through seasons 1-4 just to make themselves angry.

I'd say the only thing that gives me pause is it's based on the Targaryens.  At least to me, that was always the least interesting house.  If it does well, maybe we could get something on House Stark and Bran the Builder and the real Night King.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, Hozz said:

It will be appointment viewing for me, to start at least, but I have zero expectations.  GoT was so good before it got so bad.  Yes there was a slow drop off from S5 to the end but S8 was just so bad.  Like I still have no idea how it got approved.  Who approved it?  Literally you could have asked reddit morons to come up with a plot for the season and rough draft scripts and they'd have done a better job in a week, for free.  GoT went from my favorite show of all time to something I don't even like thinking about because it enrages me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, PRONG HORN said:

True Seinfeldians know it to be fact.  You're an impostor.  

OK, watching S9, ep2- “The Voice”.  It’s genius.  The voice storyline sucks, but the Kramerica Industries internship with Darren, with George and the PlayNow office battle are top flight.  And then a little Puddy/Elaine side thread, it’s a near perfect episode.  So you are incorrect, sir.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

OK, watching S9, ep2- “The Voice”.  It’s genius.  The voice storyline sucks, but the Kramerica Industries internship with Darren, with George and the PlayNow office battle are top flight.  And then a little Puddy/Elaine side thread, it’s a near perfect episode.  So you are incorrect, sir.

Helllllooooooooo! You're opinion is wroooooong! La la la!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/9/2022 at 7:10 PM, PRONG HORN said:

Yeah it's fake.  They should have platinum hair, purple eyes, and pale skin.  They've been brown washed for the benefit of the sensitive.  

I think they did it just to piss off the sensitive folks that get all snowflake triggered over HBO casting choices. Those folks are the worst, amirite?

Trailers are starting to look better, im slowly comin around.

I want to love it. just as i did GOT, until they did my boy Jonny wrong. 

Lookin like Daemon's gonna be the bad ass warrior dragon flyer..

me likey. 

Edited by kingkoopa6

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

All the way back in, god I hope they do this right. Daemon vs Aemond will be the most metal fucking battle of the entire series if done right

GRRM must have run out of names to get 3 Targaryen characters out of simple prefix and suffixing of D.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, CooterBrown said:

I'd say the only thing that gives me pause is it's based on the Targaryens.  At least to me, that was always the least interesting house.

Yeah the only family to fuck their relatives and can control dragons sound boring as hell. 

• blacklab changed the title to House of the Dragon