ALDS: White Sox @ Astros

shadow_operative2.0

13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

2nd punch guy was a bitch.

Just disgusting and disgraceful. Astros fans are dragging those two mfers on Twitter. They should be banned from MM.

I saw quite a few White Sox fans yesterday and everyone was giving them shit in the spirit of fun trash talkin, smiling and laughing at each other. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

2nd punch guy was a bitch.

16 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Just disgusting and disgraceful. Astros fans are dragging those two mfers on Twitter. They should be banned from MM.

I saw quite a few White Sox fans yesterday and everyone was giving them shit in the spirit of fun trash talkin, smiling and laughing at each other. 

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

2nd punch guy was the same guy who poured beer on the Sox fan, which makes him a stupid bitch by definition.  

Correct on all counts. Beer pour guy should have been banned for life just on the pour. The pussy punch once the guy was dazed by the sucker punch is just icing on the cake. They should also be in jail.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Seemed worse than that

It's because the calculation just accounts for the expected change in outcome rather than what actually happened given an incorrect call. The Sox took advantage of those opportunities and gained significantly more than the expected 1 run advantage.

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lmao. Leave it to Astros fans to blatantly ignore facts & data to play up their victimization. You got smashed by  6 runs.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? The data quite literally is in our favor on this one. Understanding what the metric actually is doesn't mean you're discounting the fucking data. Acknowledging that according to the way those probabilties actually worked out accounted for...5 White Sox runs after the Grandal home run that was quite clearly a K and would've been three outs prior to any runs coming across in the bottom of the 3rd, and the K on Maldonado that would've loaded the bases and scored another run on what would've been a Brantley sac fly in the top of the 2nd, and another Maldonado K that would've been a walk and a run on a Bregman single in the top of the 4th. There's a 7 run actual swing in the game on 3 fucking blown pitches you fucking twat. The actual result isn't reflected in that scorecard number, just the fucking probablities.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 4

And to be clear, I don't give a flying fuck about you talking shit on a thread in which you only participate because you're butt hurt. That shit's fair game. I do, however, give a shit when you grossly mischaracterize what I actually fucking said. That's why I blew up at that shit.

Edited by IDIOTsavant

CHICAGO -- White Sox reliever Ryan Tepera implied that the Astros may have been stealing signs in Games 1 and 2 of their AL Division Series after Chicago won the third game Sunday night.

Houston was going for a sweep after it rolled to a pair of impressive victories at home. But it struck out 16 times in a 12-6 loss at Chicago after it struck out a total of 16 times in the first two games. The AL West champions went down in order in each of the last five innings.

Tepera, who worked two perfect innings, noted the difference between the Astros at home and on the road.

"Yeah. It is what it is. They've obviously had a reputation of doing some sketchy stuff over there," he said. "It's just, we can say that it's a little bit of a difference. I think you saw the swings and misses tonight compared to, you know, the first two games at Minute Maid. But that's not really the story, you know? We come here to play. We're going to compete. We're not going to worry about what they're going to do.

"All we have to do is execute pitches and they can't hit them anyways."

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

CHICAGO -- White Sox reliever Ryan Tepera implied that the Astros may have been stealing signs in Games 1 and 2 of their AL Division Series after Chicago won the third game Sunday night.

Houston was going for a sweep after it rolled to a pair of impressive victories at home. But it struck out 16 times in a 12-6 loss at Chicago after it struck out a total of 16 times in the first two games. The AL West champions went down in order in each of the last five innings.

Tepera, who worked two perfect innings, noted the difference between the Astros at home and on the road.

"Yeah. It is what it is. They've obviously had a reputation of doing some sketchy stuff over there," he said. "It's just, we can say that it's a little bit of a difference. I think you saw the swings and misses tonight compared to, you know, the first two games at Minute Maid. But that's not really the story, you know? We come here to play. We're going to compete. We're not going to worry about what they're going to do.

"All we have to do is execute pitches and they can't hit them anyways."

The difference in strikeouts is directly tied to the zone. They still only had 5 more swings and misses in Game 3 than Game 1 alone...but that doesn't fit the writer's agenda to stir up shit for clicks.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In related news, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has ordered that the official final score be changed to White Sox 11.75, Astros 6.98.

dammit I thought it said 89...fucking dumbass

Edited by Scraps