NLDS- Dodgers v Giants

Sbbruin

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

I've seen some weak punches in fan fights, but some of those are near the top of the list. I don't think the bigger guy of the original two fighters ever even threw one, though. Looks like he slipped on a chest shove then just grabbed the other dude. I think after the smaller guy connected to his chin and it somehow did negative damage he realized he might kill the guy if he started beating him.

14 hours ago, Gourmand said:

yeah wtf

MLB has always had fixed schedules once the postseason starts which is typically why sweeping someone especially in the 7 game LCS can be problematic as you go into the World Series on 5-6 days rest which means your entire pitching staff is on "extended rest" and your hitters will have gone a long time without seeing anything other than BP.

Good news is Logan Webb on 5 days rest which is probably the optimal amount.  Hopefully he continues his Dodger mastery.

Hallelujah.  The wife took pity on me and put our Hamilton tix on the block.  Sold them at a bit of a discount, but whatever (comically, there were a TON of tix available likely for the same reason).  Whew.  That was going to be a problem.

Fuck Logan Webb and the Giants in the goatass.  Just lay off that bullshit slider away and get to the bullpen, which Kapler put through the ringer Tuesday.  

109 wins v 109 wins. Dis gon be good.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Hallelujah.  The wife took pity on me and put our Hamilton tix on the block.  Sold them at a bit of a discount, but whatever (comically, there were a TON of tix available likely for the same reason).  Whew.  That was going to be a problem.

Fuck Logan Webb and the Giants in the goatass.  Just lay off that bullshit slider away and get to the bullpen, which Kapler put through the ringer Tuesday.  

109 wins v 109 wins. Dis gon be good.

Is your wife single?

The Lux in CF move makes me nervous.  Was at the game against SD where he misplayed a ball and hurt himself running into the wall.  Defense up the middle is crucial.  I'd prefer CT3 in CF, and Pollack in LF.  Have Lux off the bench.  You'll need him.

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I learned to root for aggy and sooners who play on my pro teams.  So, I have no problem rooting against Horns who play on pro teams I despise.  Hope Knebel has a nice offseason … beginning tonight.

I hope he has a good outing for a couple innings and then the Giants score 6 runs as soon as he is pulled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I've been too busy all day--what happened to Urias?

Roberts starting Knebel to keep the Giants from loading up RH hitters.  But what the fuck is this nonsense?  Fuck that bullshit.  It's fucking Dodgers/Giants.

Giants manager Gabe Kapler said he received a courtesy text message from Roberts on Wednesday night to let him know about the switch.

"We have that good quality relationship that we'll communicate on things like that," Kapler said.

When I get reincarnated, I want to be sinker ball pitcher. 
There’s something about generating ground balls, double plays, and making batters look foolish that is just so ducking cool.

Way cooler than just overpowering folks with fast balls.

I would also accept having an insane 12-6 curve as well.